| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: simple tasty omni approved meals/recipes?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:01 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Im spending the next few days with a friend who is not vegan but is open to trying some recipes...Im hoping maybe if I can show them some good tasty easy stuff maybe it will at least make it into their regular meal rotations, which is a step in the right directon. I eat SO simple at this point(like spuds or sweet potato and salad and tahini and fruit and nuts and bread and stuff) that Im useless at even having any ideas for this sort of thing, so....meal ideas? I was instructed shes not really interested in anything vegan thats trying to "imitate something non-vegan" so I guess that basically rules out tofu, seitan, and cheese substitutes. She has 2 young children and a husband who are not vegan either, so... :/

ideas appreciated!

Post subject: Re: simple tasty omni approved meals/recipes?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Bean chili, hearty stews and the like (the leak and white bean cassoulet from Veganomicon is a sure omni-pleaser), curries/dals, enchiladas/burritos/tacos....those are the things that I used to cook for my husband (then boyfriend) when I first went vegan and he was super skeptical of vegan food.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:33 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I have a non-vegan husband and a kid. They love 3-bean chili, soup (especially lentil soup split pea soup, and this soup [http://86lemons.com/pasta-bean-soup-with-kale] ), bean burritos... Lots of beans. People love beans.

lobsteriffic's suggestion of the cassoulet is great, too. I don't make it a ton, but it's fantastic and everyone loves it. Also, dilly stew from Isa Does It. Similar kind of meal. So yummy and pleasing to everyone.

I do not know how to link things.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:35 pm 
Chard Martyr

i'm going to close this thread because there are a lot of other feeding omni threads. maybe not one that encompasses everything in this thread, but you should be able to find what you need here:
search.php?keywords=omni&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=18&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

if that link doesn't work, i did a search for the word omni in the kitchen and did "topic titles only"

Profile WWW  

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]