| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 34  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
Simmer red beans over rice (or potatoes).

Garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, oregano, bay leaf, chili powder, oil.
Toss in the pan, cook.
Add 3/4 of the tomato which is not moldy/spotted.
Cook more.
Add beans/some cooking liquid.
Simmer, adding salt/chili powder as needed.

Serve as soup or over starch

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3805
Location: St. Louis
bread and hummus

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
Potato salad. Leftover potatoes, the nayonaise that's been in the fridge way too long, mustard, dill/celery seed/salt/pepper/chili powder/garlic. Shake into a take out container.

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:01 am
Posts: 3382
Location: Chandler, AZ
Frozen broccoli, whole wheat pasta shells, queso sauce.

_________________
Half the lies I tell are not true.
"luckily us vegans dont go into cardiac arrest...but we do go into food comas" - Adam Crisis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Inglis st, Halifax NS
The non-gross part of the carrots I brought to work.

_________________
**Kisses, Licks and Bites**
Unfairly biased! -monkeytoes


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:46 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:24 pm
Posts: 381
Location: North Carolina
16 oz can beans (your choice)
~equal amount corn
some taco sauce or salsa
dash oregano
burritos
avocados

Cook beans and corn with taco sauce and oregano until hot. Heat burritos as directed on package. Wrap beans/corn in burrito with sliced avocado. [I'll add some canned asparagus or frozen okra sometimes during the bean/corn cooking.]

_________________
A bunny's a delightful habit, no home's complete without a rabbit.--Clare Newberry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2740
Thanks to mrsbadmouth's blog, I will be having Liz Lovely cookies. And thanks to her zine, I will be having wings as well. A rounded meal, I think.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:45 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Hellbourne, VIC
baps wrote:
baked beans are disgusting, so I have spaghetti hoops or childish shapes on toast instead.


Thank you! Someone else who thinks baked beans are revolting. I can't understand the weird love some people have for them at all.
And Hdog, are US baked beans seriously sweeter than UK ones? Cos the ones here are sickeningly sweet, and I always figured we'd have British-style.... Hmmm.

_________________
If I chew on garlic that's been in a vagina, isn't that exploiting SOMEONE? - coldandsleepy


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:49 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Michigan
Last night I had AFR's Butternut coconut rice, which should be a meal for when I am alone in the future, judging from my boyfriend's lack of enthusiasm for the dish. I thought it was quite good and not at all disgusting, however.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:50 pm
Posts: 516
Location: Sun City
The Vegan Slow Cooker's Pumpkin White Bean Lasagna. I'll be eating off of this for the next few days...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:21 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:16 pm
Posts: 264
I should probably find real food, since all I've had today was a couple of spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter.

Probably gonna eat some instant oatmeal w blueberries and a dash of almond milk. At least it's nutritious?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 pm 
Nailed to the V
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Bat Country
First I start frying up some cubed potatoes in corn oil (covered). Ten minutes later I throw in some generous helpings of onions and jalapenos. Five minutes later pretty much whatever I have on hand (possibly including, but not limited to: mushrooms, kale, celery, garlic, seitan, tofu pups, beans, corn, etc.). Once everything looks cooked I add salt, nooch, and Southern-style hot sauce. Then I eat. I call it the Louisiana Fry-Up. It's a dressed up version of what I used to eat in undergrad before I learned to cook, so it has the bonus of being comfort food!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:02 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Spokane, WA
gunk wrote:
baps wrote:
baked beans are disgusting, so I have spaghetti hoops or childish shapes on toast instead.


Thank you! Someone else who thinks baked beans are revolting. I can't understand the weird love some people have for them at all.
And Hdog, are US baked beans seriously sweeter than UK ones? Cos the ones here are sickeningly sweet, and I always figured we'd have British-style.... Hmmm.

Yeah, the UK beans are in a tomato sauce. US beans are generally in a brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup sauce, sometimes with a hint of tomato. Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, for example, have nearly twice the sugar content of UK Heinz.

_________________
"All PPK gamers should put on their badge of shame right now. You will never leave the no-sex thread." - Vantine
"I'm so glad my prison of principles has wifi." - Abelskiver


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Tonight, I had a Gardein burger on toast with vegenaise. I didn't even prep the burger well--I just microwaved it.

I desperately want to make a giant dish of mac daddy or mac 'n' shews to live off of for a week, but that requires buying ingredients and finding the time to cook it all. Hurr.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Chicago
I'm a big fan of combining a bunch of stuff in bowls. Some kind of grain + sauteed or roasted vegetables + lettuce or greens+ hummus or guac + some kind of sauce + daiya or seitan/tofu/whatever if I have it. Bonus points if most of those are leftovers.

edit: Tonight I had the plate version of stuff in a bowl. I was roasting butternut squash to puree for baking and I roasted some pieces in olive oil and salt. Topped with guacamole and daiya. with some pretzels. I was eating the guacamole with chips while waiting for the squash.

_________________
Seitan Beats Your Meat
Photography


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:12 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Hellbourne, VIC
hoveringdog™ wrote:
Yeah, the UK beans are in a tomato sauce. US beans are generally in a brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup sauce, sometimes with a hint of tomato. Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, for example, have nearly twice the sugar content of UK Heinz.


That's disgusting. I thought Heinz was far too sweet as it is.

_________________
If I chew on garlic that's been in a vagina, isn't that exploiting SOMEONE? - coldandsleepy


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:47 am 
Mediocre Tart
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4571
Location: under the skyscrapers
gunk wrote:
hoveringdog™ wrote:
Yeah, the UK beans are in a tomato sauce. US beans are generally in a brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup sauce, sometimes with a hint of tomato. Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, for example, have nearly twice the sugar content of UK Heinz.


That's disgusting. I thought Heinz was far too sweet as it is.

Eww, that does sound pretty rank. I find Heinz horribly sweet too- if I ever buy baked beans I get the store-brand reduced salt/sugar ones (and then chuck a bunch of salt in.)

_________________
"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine
"I have so much more creepiness inside of me that I should share with the world" - bastah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9590
Mock chick'n (chickpea) salad with yellow mustard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 am 
Kale Wreath
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:06 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Vancouver
PB&J sandwich and an apple. For dinner.

_________________
http://pistachiorose.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1336
Location: Panama City, FL
hoveringdog™ wrote:
gunk wrote:
baps wrote:
baked beans are disgusting, so I have spaghetti hoops or childish shapes on toast instead.


Thank you! Someone else who thinks baked beans are revolting. I can't understand the weird love some people have for them at all.
And Hdog, are US baked beans seriously sweeter than UK ones? Cos the ones here are sickeningly sweet, and I always figured we'd have British-style.... Hmmm.

Yeah, the UK beans are in a tomato sauce. US beans are generally in a brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup sauce, sometimes with a hint of tomato. Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, for example, have nearly twice the sugar content of UK Heinz.


Okay, this makes the whole toast thing sound a lot better. :)

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 905
Location: Baltimore
pistachiorose wrote:
PB&J sandwich and an apple. For dinner.


This is what I eat like five days a week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:21 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:24 pm
Posts: 381
Location: North Carolina
Whovian wrote:
16 oz can beans (your choice)
~equal amount corn
some taco sauce or salsa
dash oregano
burritos
avocados

Cook beans and corn with taco sauce and oregano until hot. Heat burritos as directed on package. Wrap beans/corn in burrito with sliced avocado. [I'll add some canned asparagus or frozen okra sometimes during the bean/corn cooking.]

Geez...I'm such a dweeb (though apparently I'm the only one who noticed). This is to make a burrito, I wrap the ingredients in a fajita. Also, I usually just do beans, salsa, and a bit of oregano (no corn). This was the "fancy" version;)

_________________
A bunny's a delightful habit, no home's complete without a rabbit.--Clare Newberry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3506
Location: Toronto
Whovian wrote:
Whovian wrote:
16 oz can beans (your choice)
~equal amount corn
some taco sauce or salsa
dash oregano
burritos
avocados

Cook beans and corn with taco sauce and oregano until hot. Heat burritos as directed on package. Wrap beans/corn in burrito with sliced avocado. [I'll add some canned asparagus or frozen okra sometimes during the bean/corn cooking.]

Geez...I'm such a dweeb (though apparently I'm the only one who noticed). This is to make a burrito, I wrap the ingredients in a fajita. Also, I usually just do beans, salsa, and a bit of oregano (no corn). This was the "fancy" version;)

I believe the word you're looking for is tortilla. :)

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1850
Location: St. John's Newfoundland
interrobang?! wrote:
gunk wrote:
hoveringdog™ wrote:
Yeah, the UK beans are in a tomato sauce. US beans are generally in a brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup sauce, sometimes with a hint of tomato. Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, for example, have nearly twice the sugar content of UK Heinz.


That's disgusting. I thought Heinz was far too sweet as it is.

Eww, that does sound pretty rank. I find Heinz horribly sweet too- if I ever buy baked beans I get the store-brand reduced salt/sugar ones (and then chuck a bunch of salt in.)


Beans on toast is a thing in Newfoundland, I guess we get the UK kind of beans? But its more of an old man thing than a poor student thing.

_________________
I was really surprised the first time I saw a penis. After those banana tutorials, I was expecting something so different. -Tofulish


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Bachelor(ette) Meals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Posts: 1957
Location: Ashevegas, NC
interrobang?! wrote:
gunk wrote:
hoveringdog™ wrote:
Yeah, the UK beans are in a tomato sauce. US beans are generally in a brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup sauce, sometimes with a hint of tomato. Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, for example, have nearly twice the sugar content of UK Heinz.


That's disgusting. I thought Heinz was far too sweet as it is.

Eww, that does sound pretty rank. I find Heinz horribly sweet too- if I ever buy baked beans I get the store-brand reduced salt/sugar ones (and then chuck a bunch of salt in.)


I'm weird and love U. S.-style baked beans (Heinz beans are pretty good, too, but I prefer Bush's and whatnot). One of my bachelorette meals is microwaved canned baked beans, with lots of hot sauce and optional sliced Tofu Pups tossed in. Putting them on toast doesn't appeal to me at all, though.

_________________
"Some of my best friends hate Oreos. I once let one use my bathroom." -Shy Mox


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 34  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SassyOh, studio and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer