| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: packing lunch - what did you bring today?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Short day at school today, but I took a snack of veggies with hummus and some raisins.

My schedule is kind of weird Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, so I think I'm going to have to experiment a bit to get the food thing worked out, which means tomorrow my bag will be stuffed like I'm not going to have any other food for a week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:51 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm still regulated to soft foods from my wisdom tooth extraction, so leftover saag aloo and pudding.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Arabian lentil soup, a pear, and some roasted almonds. I have a Clif bar for a snack.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:51 pm 
Hail Seitan!

I'll usually cook a big stew or hearty soup on Sunday, then bring in leftovers from that for the week plus some fruit and granola bars for snacks. This week I made the smoky tempeh and greens stew from AFR.. delish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Leftover butternut squash mac n cheese (thank u ppk100!). Sort of my own version, came out very tasty. Also raisins and low fat kettle corn for snack time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I pack my breakfast and lunch at night for the next day.

Breakfast = 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats with some cinnamon, raisins and nuts. When I get to work I add some truvia and a cup of water. Microwave for 3 minutes. Perfect oatmeal!

Lunch = Salad most days. Greens of some sort, I'm on rainbow kale at the moment. Shredded carrots, green olives, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, small white beans and crushed up Amy's veggie garden pita chips. And a fat free italian dressing.

Or leftovers. Today I have leftover "Chicken" and mushroom casserole from The Vegan Slow Cooker.

Sometimes I go out! There is great falafel near me and a veg chinese place. And a vegan thai restaurant too. Oh and an amazing salad bar, but whenever I go there I spend like 16 bucks on salad. So that happens like once a year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Today is leftover sloppy joe's (made with tempeh). I have cereal and soymilk if I need more than that, or I'll go to the grocery store during my lunch (~7 min walk) and grab some fruit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I made the butternut coconut rice from AFR last night and it turned out sensational. Also some simple baked tofu and broccoli, so that's leftover lunch today.

I usually freeze leftovers and take them for lunch at some point down the road later than the next day but sometimes they are too good to wait. I love being able to grab something from the freezer when I am running out the door - one less thing to worry about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 am 
Naked Under Apron

I really wish I had access to a microwave at work, because the only way I can have hot lunches is if I bring a thermos, which is kind of a pain and can only hold one thing. But, anyway, today I brought the pad thai salad from AfR (with scallions rather than red onions, and no carrots because I was too lazy to cut them), some edamame, and a clementine. (I have a Laptop Lunchbox, and I get a little obsessive with it. Each container must contain a different food. It just bothers me if there are empty containers, or two containers of the same thing. Also, I have containers in a bunch of different colors, and it bothers me if I use two of the same color, so today, I've got one each of purple, pink, and turquoise.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Leftover mac and trees and a couple piece of buffalo tempeh, plus an orange and a mango for snacking.
I also have a cherry pie Larabar for taking with me to the gym after work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Larisa wrote:
I really wish I had access to a microwave at work, because the only way I can have hot lunches is if I bring a thermos, which is kind of a pain and can only hold one thing. But, anyway, today I brought the pad thai salad from AfR (with scallions rather than red onions, and no carrots because I was too lazy to cut them), some edamame, and a clementine. (I have a Laptop Lunchbox, and I get a little obsessive with it. Each container must contain a different food. It just bothers me if there are empty containers, or two containers of the same thing. Also, I have containers in a bunch of different colors, and it bothers me if I use two of the same color, so today, I've got one each of purple, pink, and turquoise.)

Not to plug a product, but I've heard the Mr. Bento is really good, I think on Just Bento or somewhere. It's a thermos that has four different compartments. It's kinda spendy, though... So maybe not. Presumably someone has ripped it off and made a cheaper version.

And now I want one, because PITTSBURGH.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That Mr. Bento thing looks awesome! I'm sure there are a lot of insulated lunch bags and things to keep food hot other than a thermos.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 am 
Naked Under Apron

Vulgar_Wheat wrote:
Larisa wrote:

Not to plug a product, but I've heard the Mr. Bento is really good, I think on Just Bento or somewhere. It's a thermos that has four different compartments. It's kinda spendy, though... So maybe not. Presumably someone has ripped it off and made a cheaper version.

And now I want one, because PITTSBURGH.

I do have something like that, which my sister got for me when she was in India, but I've never used it, because it's just so heavy to carry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 am 
Saggy Butt

I bring my lunch almost every day, usually leftovers. Today it is leftover stir fry. I have lunchtime meetings away from my office for the next couple of days, though, and won't have access to a microwave, so tonight I'll make some eggless tofu salad so that I can have sandwiches the rest of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 am 
Dead by dawn

I made chili in the crockpot overnight so I have lunches for the rest of the week. Today I have that, plus pumpkin spice bread and pistachios.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

deearess wrote:
I packed a lunch - 2 homemade black bean burgers, broccoli slaw and parsnip fries
and 2 snacks - a tiny apple with some macadamias and a giant orange.

Tell me more about this broccoli slaw?

I have a papas a la mexicanas wrap with refried beans added to it and some cheezy broccoli rice from my slow cooker. Wishing I had a microwave. There is also some dark chocolate, a clift bar and lots of tea floating around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I have leftover Lemony Cous Cous (from Quick Fix Vegan), some leftover green beans, leftover Gardien tenders. Instant oatmeal for breakfast, and fruit for snacking

I really love this cous cous recipe. it makes FANTASTIC leftovers. and it only takes about 15 minutes to make.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I brought a salad with romaine and red leaf lettuce, quinoa, gardein chick'n, grape tomatoes, carrots, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and Annie's papaya poppyseed dressing.

And it's still sitting in the fridge while I eat a bagel and hummus instead. I have a bagel problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:17 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I always eat lunch at home, but I still pack my lunch in boxes to make things easy. Today I had bulgur/kidney bean/chickpea salad with AFR balsamic dressing and grated carrots and beets. Awesome. Been eating so many hummus wraps the last couple of weeks, it's nice with something else for a change.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Curried cauliflower soup and a salad with tahini dressing. Yum!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:55 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

UPDATE (if anywone cares)

I baked a couple of extra Gairden chicken tenders last night and ate them with my lunch today. I didnt put them in the fridge when i got to work, just left them in my lunch case, and they were AWESOME room temperature. Even better than right out of the oven.

I just wish they were cheaper. At least they are semi-ok priced at Target ($3.49)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We have a toaster oven at work. I always mean to get some gardein tenders to make a wrap or put in a salad or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I brought some leftover hot and sour soup with cabbage, mushrooms, and rice for lunch. For snacks, I had dry cereal, an energy bar, grape tomatoes, and an orange.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

xstartxtodayx wrote:
Tomorrow I will have a salad with a homemade cashew carrot ginger dressing (I love that I recreated the dressing you get at japanese/sushi restaurants. So easy and I usually always have the ingredients on hand! raw cashews, raw carrots, a chunk of ginger, a couple garlic cloves, tamari, rice wine vinegar, agave, water). I am really looking forward to tomorrow's salad!

HERO!

I have been in love with that dressing for ages. What do you mix it in? Blender? Food Processor?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Left over Tofu Noodle Soup!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next