| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sunday thread: What are you making for dinner this week?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Marinading some hickory smoked portobello caps, Italian tofu for braising, cucumber/basil/cherry-tomato/balsamic salad, cooked up some plain quinoa to keep in the fridge for easier meals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:30 pm 
WELFARIST!

Today, I made the BBQ Tamarind tempeh and sweet potatoes from AFR and will have leftovers for the rest of the week. First time I'm making this recipe. Just marinating the mixture now before I put in the oven for a late dinner. I'll make some rice and steamed broccoli alongside.

For breakfasts tomorrow and through most of the week, I'll make the apple walnut breakfast pudding from La Dolce Vegan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:59 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I'm making black bean pupusas from VV, with orange rice and kale which'll last 2 lunches or dinners.

Also planning on making tempeh wings and mac n'cheese w/broccoli, and tempeh tacos. I get so unmotivated to cook when it's so hot out, so it's likely I'll also have cereal a night or two.

Breakfasts are either going to be green smoothies or chia pudding and fruit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:48 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Sun: trattoria pasta salad
Mon: wraps stuffed with scrambled tofu with Field Roast sausage, mushrooms, hashbrown potatoes, chipotle salsa, and maybe some daiya
Tues: broccoli curry udon
Wed: pizza
Thur: hoagies with misc roasted veggies and more Field Roast, topped with marinara and daiya
Fri: spaghetti with marinara from a jar? (I make lazy food on Fridays)

I think I'll make Isa's raspberry coffeecake from this website for snacks throughout the week. Either that or something from VCTOTW.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Breakfasts for the week: avocado slices, with cherry tomatoes over toasted chibata buns with spinach/mixed greens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

-My guy made garlicy mashed potatoes, bbq seitan and broccoli for dinner tonight.
-Some chorizo tacos with a chipotle aioli slaw and a raw onion/cilantro/lime pulp topping.
-5 lentil pahlak dal with basmati rice, pakoras and samosas from the international market (aka the best $.75 samosa ever)
-something gluten free and involving summer squash and probably a cashew-based creamy sauce knowing us (maybe latkes made with chickpea flour)

(For breakfast, green smothies. For lunch, the most amazing seitan I have ever made in my whole entire life - a smoked seitan pastrami deli sandwich on Jewish seeded rye bread made in Brooklyn. Deli pickle on the side.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:17 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Tonight I'm making 21st century tacos from AVK for me and my dad, with homemade flour tortillas, bean & corn salad and guacamole. Tomorrow I'm eating leftovers, on thursday I think I'll make butternut squash lasagna and on friday we're going out to eat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

AFR Tempeh Helper made with tofu instead of tempeh. It's the first time I've made it and it is so good!!

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 pm 

Tonight i'm having a mixed lentil dal, cumin basmati rice, spinch pakoras, chutney and onion chapatis. This week i'll be having:
-mashed potatoes, bbq seitan, wax beans almondine
-taco salad with chorizo, salsa, chipolte slaw, tortilla chips, roasted corn
-thai noodle salad with tons of spriralized zuchini and a coconut-peanut dressing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:36 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I just made mango chick'n from scratch for the first time. It didn't look pretty but it tasted so good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:13 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I made a double batch of chickpea cutlets (though one fell on the floor prior to cooking, so I only got 7 out of the deal). I'm making Isa's tempeh and greens from her blog tonight, and hopefully I'll have leftovers for tomorrow. If I feel ambitious, I might throw together the 5x5 barbecue sauce from Isa's blog so I can make quick bbq seitan and broccoli during the week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just got Viva Vegan so I want to try out some different recipes.
Monday - black bean soup, cabbage salad
Tuesday - arroz con seitan, cabbage salad
Wednesday - rice and pigeon peas, brazilian kale
Thursday and Friday will be leftovers

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:20 pm 
WELFARIST!

Today, I made a vat of Viva Vegan red seitan (have only tried the white thus far which I like as much as I can like seitan). Cooling in my steamer right now. I also made the blackened tofu seasoning mix for Bryant Terry's Blackened tofu with succotash salsa to go with quinoa as a side and some collards from kittee's Papa Tofu to go with that as well which I'll make later this week and a pan of polenta which I'll use as the base for the black bean and spinach saute from Vegan Express which I'll have with sauteed paprika potatoes and I'll make that tomorrow.

The Bryant Terry/kittee and the Vegan Express dish I'll eat earlier in the week and then I have the fixins' for Columbian Red Beans which I'll make with the yellow garlic rice from Viva Vegan later on in the week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

seitanicverses wrote:
Today, I made a vat of Viva Vegan red seitan

red seitan buddies! I made it today for the first time too. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

lobsteriffic wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
Today, I made a vat of Viva Vegan red seitan

red seitan buddies! I made it today for the first time too. :)

So I froze that VV red seitan back when I made it and I'm just thawing it out today to use in the Peruvian seitan and Potato skewers, which I'll serve with the So Good So Green sauce and the Peruvian Potatoes with Spicy "Cheezy" sauce on the side which I'll make tomorrow.

I also made Latin Baked tofu with sofrito, cilantro lime rice and some house salad dressing tonight.

Tomorrow, in addition the Peruvian ke-bob and potato meal, I'll make a pan of my favorite blondies from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (the one with the white chocolate chips and the maple pecan topping--it comes out soooo well in my Brownie edges pan) so I'll have those for dessert all week.

Later in the week, I'll make the tempeh simmered in sauerkraut served over broad noodles from Vegan Planet but when I was out shopping today, I forgot to get the noodles, so I'll have to hit a grocery store when I'm out Monday and pick those up so I can make it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'll be cooking the Spicy Gumbo Z'Herbes from 500 Vegan Recipes, the Corn Crusted Tempeh Pot Pie from Viva Vegan, and the Split Pea and Ham Burgers from the Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet. Some of the leftovers will be frozen, others will make yummy lunches.

For snacks, I'm going to make the Caramel Apple Muffin Tops and the Kale Tofu Spread from 500 Vegan Recipes.

Lots of 500 Vegan Recipes stuff, since I feel that cookbook is fairly neglected. Next week I should make something from Vegan Soul Kitchen, since I've had it for ages but still haven't made anything from it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

black bean and zucchini tacos from AFR
braised cabbage and seitan from AFR
bbq beans with mango from AFR

it's an AFR week I guess!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:29 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Monday: The quinoa salad from AFR over greens
Tuesday: Pasta e Fagioi from Vcon
Wdnesday: Chana Masala from YRR over rice
Thursday: Broiled Blackend Tofu from AFR with coconut rice
Friday: Leftover Pasta from Tuesday
Saturday: Leftover Tofu from Thursday with greens

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So, neither almost-ex-husband or I can get motivated to cook for one (though I guess we'll get used to it). We decided to each make a large dish, split it in half (aiming for 2 servings each), and swap it. That way we get at least 4 real, non-frozen, vegan meals, 2 from our dish and 2 mystery dish. I made Joanna's thai noodle bowl and sesame-peanut-ginger cookies for my half of the swap. The other nights will be whatever he swaps!

If this works and he stays in town, this will become a regular thing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Today I'm making butternut squash lasagna because I had roasted butternut in the freezer. Tomorrow my sister is making gallo pinto, if it's not enough for me I'll have leftovers or something from the freezer. Tuesday will be chana masala, recipe from the ppk blog! Really excited about that. Then maybe leftovers or I'll make caramelized onion quiche from Vegan Brunch. Or maybe tacos.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:52 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Yesterday I made tofu scramble (PPK recipe), kobocha squash soup, and corn tortillas. That will last me a few days, but I don't know what else to make for the rest of the week. I'm basically out of produce. Maybe refried beans to go with the tortillas. I also have a package of Yves Italian sausages in the fridge that I bought on a whim and don't really know how to use.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:57 am 
Cranky

I made a pot of lentil soup large enough to last for the week. In fact, I'll probably have to freeze some. Hooray for fridge-clearing soups!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:35 pm 

I made zucchini bread with walnuts and chocolate chips. It's made with spelt, and applesauce subbing the oil. I had such a huge zucchini, it made 2 loaves. I also made a big pot of split pea soup for the week, which ended up really tasty.

Tonight I had rice noodles, raw cabbage, zucchini, carrot, scallions and cilantro with a light ginger-peanut-cilantro sauce.
The rest of the week i'll have:
-burritos with rice, beans, guac, chile spiced soy curls, salsa, cheese, etc
-sweet and sour tofu over rice and broccoli
-taco salad with leftovers from burritos
-grilled celebration roast frankfurters with baked fries, some veggie

Realistically simple menu this week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:03 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yesterday, I made corn chowder with a sweet potato instead of a regular potato, intending it for dinners and chili and cornbread from afr for lunches. The chili is too hot, so I am freezing it in hopes that I'll con my parents and brother into eating it. (omnis the lot of em) so im making the veggie potpie soup/stew from afr tonight to make up for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 am 
WELFARIST!

Yum! Everyone eats so well. I'm making gallo pinto soon too, Love Child. I pressure-cookered some small red beans recently and made a point of reserving some of their cooking liquid for gallo pinto.

I made a bunch o'stuff yesterday to nosh through the week:

Paul's Thai Noodle Salad (from Extraveganza)

Chickpea marinara tomato sauce to freeze (adapted from Canadian Living's 30-minute Meals - not a veg cookbook, but one of it's veg receipes)

Nutty Crackers from Extraveganza - really good and super easy to make for snackin'.

Roasted Garlic Chickpea spread - from one of Joanna Vaught's zines for the above crackers.

Lemon Fig Oatmeal cookies from Extraveganza - them's some really good cookies, though I only made a half batch as I only had one lemon to zest. Extraveganza really has some great recipes and the cookie ones I've tried are REALLY good. (Also, if you have the book, the orange ginger cookies are zesty, spicy and really outstanding. I think they're my sister's faves of all the cookies I make...) And the lemon fig ones I just tried this weekend are really good, too! Chewy and really flavorful and well balanced.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next