| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Mole Tacos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

So Adam found this vegan cocoa mole sauce that he's dying to try. He's got a hectic day at work coming up, so I promised I'd make him a really nice dinner to help him unwind afterward.

He wanted me to try doing tacos with the mole sauce, and he wanted me to attempt to use tofu. I've never used tofu with mole, so I'm wondering how to attack this. Marinate the tofu in the sauce overnight? Saute the tofu with the sauce and some veggies?

I got nothin'.

Help?

Post subject: Re: Vegan Mole Tacos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've sauteed tofu in mole in the past. It was yummy. I made seitan in mole last week and it was the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I always use mole to make enchiladas. I usually fill them with black beans, tvp, and peppers, but you could fill them with veggies and tofu. I'd broil the tofu, saute the veggies with chili powder and lime juice, roll the veggies and tofu in tortillas, put them in a casserole dish and drench with mole and bake. You should try to talk him into enchiladas instead of tacos!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'd cube the tofu and marinate it in the mole. Then bake the tofu with the mole spooned on top. You might want to reserve some to mix with rice and what not. What kinda veggies were you going to put in there? I bet just lettuce and cilantro lime rice would work.

This thread makes you so jealous of you right now. Tofu mole tacos sounds incredible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:23 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I always use mole to make enchiladas. I usually fill them with black beans, tvp, and peppers, but you could fill them with veggies and tofu. I'd broil the tofu, saute the veggies with chili powder and lime juice, roll the veggies and tofu in tortillas, put them in a casserole dish and drench with mole and bake. You should try to talk him into enchiladas instead of tacos!

I'm just delighted he requested tofu! The man is decidedly omnivorous. I don't think he'd care either way, whether we did enchiladas or tacos. He just wants an excuse to drench some tofu in mole. :)

nickvicious wrote:
I'd cube the tofu and marinate it in the mole. Then bake the tofu with the mole spooned on top. You might want to reserve some to mix with rice and what not. What kinda veggies were you going to put in there? I bet just lettuce and cilantro lime rice would work.

I was going to do black beans, some pepper strips, maybe some mushrooms. The boy isn't into onions, or I'd throw that in, too. And I'm splurging on some Daiya cheddar and Tofutti BTSC. He hates lettuce and I hate cilantro, so unfortunately those are both off the table.