| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 303  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "What's for dinner tonight?" thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:44 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

black bean & sweet potato tacos with rice on the side!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:50 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I just made Isa's glam chowder that she posted on the blog with a video for dinner tonight. Can we talk about about crazy good it is? It's one of the last things I ever would have thought I'd like, but it is SO GOOD. I'm kind of full but I'm going to try for one more bowl because I just don't want to be finished yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

heatherkelly wrote:
I just made Isa's glam chowder that she posted on the blog with a video for dinner tonight. Can we talk about about crazy good it is? It's one of the last things I ever would have thought I'd like, but it is SO GOOD. I'm kind of full but I'm going to try for one more bowl because I just don't want to be finished yet.

I made it yesterday, had it for dinner last night, lunch today and dinner again tonight. It's amazing! It's the best homemade soup I've ever made. It's perfect for fall/winter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

oooh, i cannot wait to make Isa's glam chowder!

tonight was an easy dinner: tunaless salad on crackers & breaded broccoli. both were super easy, but rock'n.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

zesty quinoa salad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I can't wait to make the glam chowder either!

Tonight we had coconut-chickpea curry over sweet potatoes and rice. Delicious. It's the only way I can get my partner to eat and enjoy spinach and chickpeas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

bodhi, can I have the recipe? We have a good curry recipe but I would love another! Sounds very similar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:23 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I marinaded wee tofu triangles in a market-bought Filipino pineapple-chilli garlicky sauce and baked it. It was so good that we could have easily been happy eating it alone, but I sucked it up and made a salad with radishes and a tahini dressing. Granola for a later dessert! Delicious and wonderful to only spend a minute in the kitchen today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:17 am 
Inflexitarian

home after a long week-end away ... back to work tomorrow so shopping & cooking today ...

this evening we are going to have Orecchiette (I have some!) with cherry tomatoes & Kalamata Tapenade
and when shopping I bought ingredients for another fav from Vegan with a Vengeance -
Eggplant and Artichoke alla Napoletana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:09 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Bridgettebakes wrote:
bodhi, can I have the recipe? We have a good curry recipe but I would love another! Sounds very similar.

I don't know if this is the one bodhi was talking about, but I make this one that was posted on the kitchn pretty often - http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-braised ... mon-164551

It's so good! Sometimes I've subbed the greens for whatever I have on hand - kale, collards, whatever, and it always comes out amazingly. Don't leave out the lemon, and really try for the sun dried tomatoes if you can! They totally make the dish. And it's amazing over a roasted sweet potato. As much as I love sweet potatoes, the first time I made it I was a little skeptical about not having it with rice, so I made both to have options. Turns out, I vastly prefer it over the potato & have never made it with rice again.

Typing this out and thinking about this recipe has totally changed my plans for dinner - I was going to make something else tonight, but I have everything on hand for this!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

heatherkelly wrote:
Bridgettebakes wrote:

I don't know if this is the one bodhi was talking about, but I make this one that was posted on the kitchn pretty often - http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-braised ... mon-164551

It's so good! Sometimes I've subbed the greens for whatever I have on hand - kale, collards, whatever, and it always comes out amazingly. Don't leave out the lemon, and really try for the sun dried tomatoes if you can! They totally make the dish. And it's amazing over a roasted sweet potato. As much as I love sweet potatoes, the first time I made it I was a little skeptical about not having it with rice, so I made both to have options. Turns out, I vastly prefer it over the potato & have never made it with rice again.

That's where I got the original recipe! I modified it quite a bit, but it's definitely good either way. I added a diced potato (1/4" dice) when everything starts simmering, skip the sun-dried tomatoes (don't like/don't have), add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, and serve with both rice and sweet potatoes (which bulks up the meal a bit so there are extra leftovers, and also I have a sweet potato hater in the house). Super delicious.

ETA: I definitely agree with heatherkelly that the sweet potato is so good with it. Don't skip it if you can help it. The curry is lovely with rice, but the sweetness of the sweet potato makes it super delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:27 pm 
Tofu Pup

Pumpkin and cashew cheese ravioli with sage butter sauce, and garlic bread. Going to try out my new ravioli maker!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yay for new ravioli maker Happy Phantom! Your meal sounds lovely.

I made fried green tomatoes tonight because it was time to pick everything in the garden with a frost predicted. I was so looking forward to them, but they didn't turn out great. They got browned very quickly, so I didn't cook them very long, and as a result the tomatoes didn't soften much. What was up with that? I've made good FGT's in the past. Anyway, at least the V'con smokey tempeh was good as always, as was the kale.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Went out for Thai food. Pumpkin curry with brown rice. It was good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm 

French lentil soup and a quesadilla. I wasn't going for international night. I was just too cold to eat the cold salad I had planned on, and had some lentils, leeks, and jalapenos that needed using up. The soup and quesadilla were surprisingly nice together.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Huge green salad with olive oil, balsamic and almond duqqa; two chickpea and rosemary sausages with mustard, and a handful of mediterranean olives.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:42 pm 

Mmm, I made a green curry with chanterelles, leeks, potatoes, bok choy, carrots, lime, and all the good Thai stuff (homemade curry paste, ginger, lemongrass, lime juice, cilantro, scallions) and sticky rice. And also stir fried mixed greens because we haven't really been eating greens even though we have heaps of them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:19 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Gazpacho, tortilla de patata, and sautéed asparagus.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:44 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Mashes turnips and potatoes, mushroom gravy, sauteed peppers and onions and simple green salad. Everything from dumpsters yay!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sauteed black beans and soysage over cilantro-lime rice, green peppers and tomatoes. topped with lettuce, cilantro, green onions and avocado. so simple & soooo goooood.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:02 am 
Inflexitarian

Sausage, walnut and spinach fusilli with bitter greens on the side and large glasses of red while we wait for a storm ...

I am also going to make this morning a spicy couscous, chickpea and tomato stew ... dull dark day yesterday do not expect much better today ...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:47 am 

I'm letting my husband cook so we will no doubt have some weird concoction involving potatoes and tempeh and a jarred sauce. Sometimes he succeeds though, so I'm staying optimistic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Goulash from Mouthwatering Vegan

π

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Royal Stir-Fry ...from Eat Vegan On 4$ A Day

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 am 

We went out last night. I started with a cup of chili and then had a giant bowl of miso soup with long beans, spinach, and seaweed dumplings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 303  Next