| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 282  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "What's for dinner tonight?" thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:22 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

VEW black bean and pumpkin posole, with most of the recommended toppings. So good, and really quick and easy to make aside from the annoying pumpkin peeling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jdfunks wrote:
Cauloflower-chickpea-miso noodle.

Is this from a recipe? I want this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:14 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I made "meat"balls out of burger mix and had them with spaghetti.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
jdfunks wrote:
Cauloflower-chickpea-miso noodle.

Is this from a recipe? I want this.

It's so good! I even made it on xmas and my siblings loved it : )
I use the chickpea miso noodle in Vcon as a base, skipping the mushrooms, throwing in a ton of minced garlic/celery & carrots (last night I just happened to realize we were out of carrots and threw in crumbled cauliflower!), dried thyme, oregano, black pepper, crushed red pepper & a little sea salt, deglazing with some white wine, stirring in the miso and broth, and then adding the chickpeas and pasta at the end. https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 8755_n.jpg

Last edited by jdfunks on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tonight's gonna be parsley & roasted garlic sauced pasta topped with roasted cauliflower and smokey chickpeas. Maybe some sauteed shiitakes, too, since I picked up some really pretty ones at the farmers market earlier today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

spicy peanut-y curry noodles with veggies & tofu.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I ruined my batch of aged, probiotic, cashew cheese by stirring in the liquid that I was supposed to pour off. It's very liquid now, after thinking lots on how it can be rescued I've decided to make mac and cheese with it tonight. A pro-biotic mac and cheese, although I'm not sure how much will survive when it poured on hot pasta. This is definitely the most cheeselike cheese I've ever made, it feels really weird tasting that again after almost two decades!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:15 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I had curry and rice. Soya mice/pea curry and lentil curry. Nothing special but it was good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Solkiki wrote:
I ruined my batch of aged, probiotic, cashew cheese by stirring in the liquid that I was supposed to pour off. It's very liquid now, after thinking lots on how it can be rescued I've decided to make mac and cheese with it tonight. A pro-biotic mac and cheese, although I'm not sure how much will survive when it poured on hot pasta. This is definitely the most cheeselike cheese I've ever made, it feels really weird tasting that again after almost two decades!

Very interested to hear how this turns out. Maybe you can post the recipe if you're happy with the results? Some of the best inventions were created by accident!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:36 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I foresee a tofu mushroom broccoli soba noodle stirfry thing happening. And since Im not cooking for anyone else these days, I can make it forking spicy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 pm 
Semen Strong

Leek and Bean Cassoulet! I froze a batch of filling a while back and now its going to be a 30 minute easy peasy supper - just make the biscuits and pop into the oven and voila!

Its a crowdpleaser at our house so I'm psyched to make it more regularly with less effort :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:14 pm 
Saggy Butt

oohh adam crisis, that combo is my favorite dinner ever!

i want to make seitan, but am 100% sure i will not be able to make it, finish the cover letter i am writing, and be on time for volunteering tonight at 6:30. sadface. will probably have lentil soup instead.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:30 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

BhelOfTheBall wrote:
Solkiki wrote:

Very interested to hear how this turns out. Maybe you can post the recipe if you're happy with the results? Some of the best inventions were created by accident!

No problema! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I cannot top last night's Spanish rice with smoked chanterelles, sundried tomato, and thrice cooked tofu (I was on a roll!) but I'm making the ponzu from the Fresh cookbook to pour over steamed garlicky broccoli with leftover seared tofu and sprout-y salad with avocado and spicy tahini dressing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Pizza with roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, olives and cheesy sauce from VB!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Snobby joes because lazy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:36 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

In celebration of pi day: v'con Tempeh Shepherdess pie, and apple pie warmed and served with TJ's vanilla soy cream for dessert.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Not So Dirty Rice from Vegan Planet--I always add mushrooms and make it with Lightlife gimme lean sausage (and up the spices)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:16 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

BhelOfTheBall wrote:
Solkiki wrote:

Third day in a row we've had Mac and Cheese! It is really nice, I seriously need to cook a different dinner tomorrow ;)

Here's what I did, in case anyone's interested. I'm not sure if I would make it again if that sounds weird, because I used a lot of organic cashews, which I first soaked and dehydrated, then blended with (too much) water. They are not cheap and it's a lot of work, I wanted to make aged cashew cheese which I've made in the past and that worked well. So after blending the cashews with water I added my vegan yoghurt starter as a pro-biotic, left it in a warm place for 48 hours, stirred the water in which I shouldn't have done, thought shittake, then left it in the fridge for two weeks. It made a really cheesy sauce, way more cheesy than any other cheese sauces I've made over the years. I started off with 2 cups of cashews and they made 3 dinners for a small family with a tiny bit leftover. The cheese I just poured cold over the boiling hot pasta with the cooked veg. Everyone loved it including my daughter who is extremely picky.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Gojujang soy curls & fried rice with tons of garlic, cabbage, celery & carrots.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:18 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm working on an assignment due tomorrow, so I made lentils and rice with fried onions because it's quick and easy, not to mention yummy. Still found time to put a pot of spicy pumpkin and lentil soup on too, with about a truckload of hot sauce in it. I'm soaking some five bean mix so I can make baked beans with fresh dill tomorrow - breakfasts and snacks will be covered for a good few days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:10 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Karena wrote:
I'm working on an assignment due tomorrow, so I made lentils and rice with fried onions because it's quick and easy, not to mention yummy. Still found time to put a pot of spicy pumpkin and lentil soup on too, with about a truckload of hot sauce in it. I'm soaking some five bean mix so I can make baked beans with fresh dill tomorrow - breakfasts and snacks will be covered for a good few days.

Sounds delish!

And doesn't fried onion make everything tastier? I just love the smell of fried onion :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Solkiki wrote:

Third day in a row we've had Mac and Cheese! It is really nice, I seriously need to cook a different dinner tomorrow ;)

Here's what I did, in case anyone's interested. I'm not sure if I would make it again if that sounds weird, because I used a lot of organic cashews, which I first soaked and dehydrated, then blended with (too much) water. They are not cheap and it's a lot of work, I wanted to make aged cashew cheese which I've made in the past and that worked well. So after blending the cashews with water I added my vegan yoghurt starter as a pro-biotic, left it in a warm place for 48 hours, stirred the water in which I shouldn't have done, thought shittake, then left it in the fridge for two weeks. It made a really cheesy sauce, way more cheesy than any other cheese sauces I've made over the years. I started off with 2 cups of cashews and they made 3 dinners for a small family with a tiny bit leftover. The cheese I just poured cold over the boiling hot pasta with the cooked veg. Everyone loved it including my daughter who is extremely picky.

Wow, sounds yummy! Do you know if it can be left in the fridge for a shorter period of time? I am not sure I can plan 2 weeks in advance without something getting lost in a black hole in my fridge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:50 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

after debating on a st. patty's day menu and not in the mood for potatoes i came up with st. catricks day!

luck of the paw tofu (paw shaped - duh) using the OSG garlic tofu recipe, OSG basic chickpea crunchies, OSG dressing (i am breaking this book in!) over organic kale and green heirloom tomatoes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:20 pm 
Impressive boner

Big bowl of steamed cauliflower and broccoli smothered in pureed sag sans paneer and topped with curried tofu scramble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 282  Next