| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Work Snacks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I've been meaning to start this thread for awhile because i'm in charge of buying candy for the office, but i'm under a lot of stupid restrictions. Then I saw this on Staples:

http://www.staples.com/Biscoff-Cookies- ... uct_323795

So no one in my office knows i'm vegan. I buy the stuff for the candy bowl, but i'm not allowed to buy chocolate (because my boss will eat it all and get fat or something). I also can't buy snacks like pretzels or anything, even though the dudes I work with eat about 85% of the candy bowl. So it has to be something that is individually wrapped, non-chocolate, and generally cheap. Which means I buy my own snacks, and populate the candy bowl with mostly on sale Halloween/Christmas/whatever hard candy. I also get these snack sized Archer Farms granola bars, but those obviously aren't vegan. And fruit snacks. Lots of fruit snacks.

It would be really nice to be able to get something from Target/Staples that I can eat, then I wouldn't have to buy all of my own snacks. But i've had trouble finding info on the googles and Archer Farms/Market Pantry vegan items, and I don't have time to stand there and read labels while i'm on the clock, it seems like there isn't much vegan-friendly stuff so I would be there all damn day.

So, if you work in an office please share the vegan snacks you guys have! Your personal stash of larabars doesn't count.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: Vegan Work Snacks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

if you're going for dirt cheap vegan sugar smarties seems like a good bet.

http://www.smarties.com/product/vegan/

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:53 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Archer farms makes fruit leathers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Get the Biscoff cookies and the giant tub of Twizzlers! I see they have Fig Newtons too - are those vegan? Staples also has boxes of Clif bars but they seem overpriced. I can get them for a dollar each at the grocery store.

The company I work for contracted with a vendor late last year to supply snacks and fresh food like sandwiches and salads in the break room. I was excited about this until I discovered they have NO vegan options for sandwiches, all the salads are full of meat & dairy, and they won't stock the refrigerator with tetra packs of soy milk. They will take product requests, which get an automated response and are promptly ignored. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Target has Annie's Bunny Snacks, mini Lara Bars, mini Cliff & Luna bars, cans of Blue Diamond Almond's, individual packs of Justin's nut butters...I know there are more things but these come to mind! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Bags of chips? Peanut butter crackers? Little packs of oreos?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Chick-O-Sticks?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

All of the Chick-O-Sticks I find now contain milk crepe. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Twizzlers and Sweedish Fish are the only candy I have ever eaten at work. We don't have a candy jar here but we used to have an employee who loved to bring in candy and force us all to eat it. He was frustrated when he found out I was vegan and couldn't eat any of the candy he brought in. So he bought me a huge bag of Twizzlers. I ate a lot of Twizzlers that month before we all made him stop bringing candy to work!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:29 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:
All of the Chick-O-Sticks I find now contain milk crepe. :(

Really? That sucks. I have only ever tried them once. 6 months living in the US and the only place I could find them was Sidecar in Seattle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm spoiled rotten. We do 3 orders: Costco, Safeway and then a boxed greens company for fresh seasonal produce and wheatgrass. Costco is really great because they have all those individual snacky things in bulk boxes. Some of the vegan snacks we have are nuts (both in large tubs and individual bags), dried fruit (dates, mangoes, prunes, raisins, cranberries) potato chips, Corn Nuts, Sun Chips, pretzels, Clif bars, whole wheat bread, hummus, bagels, nut butters, juices (we buy Simply _____ and then juice our own) and a shiitake ton of fruit. This morning I had pistachios, bluberries and strawberries for breakfast.

</brag>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

nickvicious wrote:
I'm spoiled rotten. We do 3 orders: Costco, Safeway and then a boxed greens company for fresh seasonal produce and wheatgrass. Costco is really great because they have all those individual snacky things in bulk boxes. Some of the vegan snacks we have are nuts (both in large tubs and individual bags), dried fruit (dates, mangoes, prunes, raisins, cranberries) potato chips, Corn Nuts, Sun Chips, pretzels, Clif bars, whole wheat bread, hummus, bagels, nut butters, juices (we buy Simply _____ and then juice our own) and a shiitake ton of fruit. This morning I had pistachios, bluberries and strawberries for breakfast.

</brag>

Dude! I'm coming to work with you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

i work in a hospital and technically the food is for the patients. we have ensure, milk, juice, saltines and packets of chicken broth powder. send us a crate of Biscoffs! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm 

Lisamh wrote:
i work in a hospital and technically the food is for the patients. we have ensure, milk, juice, saltines and packets of chicken broth powder. send us a crate of Biscoffs! :)

Ugh. I had a severe potassium deficiency in an ER ward once and it took them hours to find me a banana which might have even saved my life. Hospitals need to have more healthy food around!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

GraciaKai wrote:
nickvicious wrote:

</brag>

Dude! I'm coming to work with you!

For serious! I'm jealous!