| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tofu Misozuke - vegan cheese spread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Max&Moritz wrote:
HELP!
I made my first batch the end of January. Been checking it regularly to change the wet paper towels. When I do that I make sure that the coating coats the tofu as it might get disturbed when I change the towels. I always lick the knife (sorry) once I'm done, the miso/sake mixture tastes so good. I changed the towels this morning again and when I ate the mixture it didn't taste as good anymore, not like before. More like it had fermented, a bit bubbly. Mind you I only tasted a tiny bit, whatever had stuck to the knife.

Does this mean it has gone bad? It's been marinating since Jan 29, a minimum of 2 weeks to go. I would hate to have to throw it out, I was so looking forward to it. My fridge is kept at a good temperature and I always have the container in the same spot at the back of the fridge so that its temp doesn't fluctuate as much from opening the doors.

Any advice, is this normal?

I have no idea, because I've never tasted the coating! It's probably fine if you've been diligently changing your towels and keeping it in the back of the fridge.

Post subject: Re: Tofu Misozuke - vegan cheese spread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:57 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Sad news, guys, Rau Om is discontinuing their tofu misozuke. I found this out a few weeks ago when I stopped by Sacred Wheel in Oakland to load up on Nacheez (SO GOOD I LOVE THAT STUFF). They only had two left so I left them for someone who really loves the stuff because I like it but am not insane over it. I would have mentioned it sooner but only saw this thread existed today!