| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New blog - opinions please?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey there,

I looked at your blog and I like it! I like the recipes you have on it so far, and I appreciate that your recipes do not rely on tofu, seitan or other vegan "processed" foods. The layout of the site is clean and not jumbled up with a lot of distractions. :)

That said, my only constructive criticism is the "perfect body" thing. I saw the entry for "to weigh or not to weigh"...when I saw this I started wondering if you have struggled with an ED or something. (I hope Im not offending you)...its just what came to mind because of the subtitle of the blog and that particular post.

I would love the perfect body, as I think most people would if given a choice or whatever, and I strive to reduce my weight/improve health through vegan diet as well...I just think that the weight loss issue should be either emphasized (or not) so that your audience is clear that you are choosing veganism for many reasons, perhaps one of the primary reasons being weight loss/health improvement. If that is your angle, you might consider having an area on the blog where you discuss your own journey with diet/health/weight issues, and invite others to do so as well. By doing so, you may target an audience who really needs to make diet changes, and also deal with weight/health issues. Your blog could be a space to do that! :)

Otherwise, you may want to think about reconsidering the idea of a "perfect body" and whether or not that alienates some potential audience members. Without clarification on your beliefs about weight/health, etc., People who look at your blog may come away a bit confused about your personal reasons for starting it; are you only concerned about weight? why/why not? what is your personal story? That is what I always like to know when I look at a new blog...I like to know that the author/creator of the blog can RELATE to ME. (a life-long self-described "fat girl" who struggles with weight and other health issues). Im not looking for someone who is JUST LIKE ME...just someone who can relate. Am I making sense?

Anyway--I hope this helps you and I look forward to seeing this develop!

Take care and good job with it!

Daphne

Post subject: Re: New blog - opinions please?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I like it! Nice recipes. The design is very simple and it's easy to find your way around. Good usability. I like the photos on the sidebar linking the recipes. The only change I would suggest is that the title attribute in the image source tags should be the name of the dish being linked, so that when you mouseover the picture the tooltip displays "Wholemeal Sweet Potato Dosa" or "Thai mung bean, quinoa and tomato salad" instead of "veganbody14" or "veganbody11".