| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Cookbook Challenge - Week One - Isa and Terry FREE CHOIC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Except for Veganomicon I've got none of the cookbooks of the challenge. I missed out on week one, week, so I decided to do V'con in last week. :) I only recently got my copy and it's kind of a treasure box!

Two in one: smoky tempeh and sautéed silverbeet (recipe for chard or.. will edit after check) on potato mash. Quite nice!

And again two dishes from V'con: oven-roasted carrots with agave and sweet spices and seitan piccata with longbeans (instead of green beans). Absolutely loved the piccata! The carrots? Meh, but that's more because I'm not too fond of the cooked carrot taste - too sweet and earthy for my liking. Should mix it with other veggies next time I make it.

Post subject: Re: Cookbook Challenge - Week One - Isa and Terry FREE CHOIC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I made the AFR Arabian Lentil & Rice soup tonight (eaten with a toasted wholemeal pita as suggested). I can't believe I waited so long to make this! It's super pantry friendly - I decided to make it tonight because I didn't have to go shopping for anything before I made it - and it's so forking delicious. One of the best soups I've ever eaten. I kept sneaking bites while I was waiting for it to cool enough to put in the fridge. I'm already looking forward to eating the leftovers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5