| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Costco thread - tasty finds, sad letdowns
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

yeah, out here it's in nearly every grocery store.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:00 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Has anyone been to the Costco in Queens (Long Island City)? I'm going Saturday, what should I know/look for/avoid?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

they did not have the hugggeee boxes of fruity-o cereal. man i am bummed. i live on that stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My mom came home yesterday with a jar of roasted tomatoes. "Pizza!" she said. Naturally, i agreed. I roughly chopped the tomatoes and used it instead of a sauce. So good! My only complaint is that it didn't come in an eight pack.
She also got a bottle of white truffle oil. WIN.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 am 

they have something called 'bark thins'....chocolate bark with pumpkin seed! so good - so vegan! the chocolate is even fair trade!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:22 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I went over the holidays with my mom's card. I picked up our favorite pack of Torta rolls (they freeze so well, and make every sandwich awesome), as well as some green olive flatbread. I thought it'd definitely have cheese, but it was vegan - oh and yummy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 pm 

they got the par-baked loaves of organic bread back in stock. i might buy a case of organic black beans & garbanzo beans - really in a garbanzo mood!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:19 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

Maybe this has been covered, but the frozen Japanese yakisoba noodles are so good. They are my favorite pre-fab Asian-y meals because they're not overly salty or sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:30 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I like the yaki soba too, but I get annoyed because one is not enough for me when I'm really hungry, and two is too much.

The chocolate bark thins are SO good!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
Nooch of Earl

There are days when I kind of live on that yakisoba. I'm not proud of this. But it is what it is. ;)

Lately though Costco's been disappointing me on the fake meat front. To the point where I'm not going to be THAT sad to move away from Costco access. No field roast, no gardein, no vegan bocas even...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:32 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

annak wrote:

Lately though Costco's been disappointing me on the fake meat front. To the point where I'm not going to be THAT sad to move away from Costco access. No field roast, no gardein, no vegan bocas even...

I've never found ANY fake meats at my Costco, not even tofu. They smirk at me when I ask. The only specifically vegan-y thing they have is Almond milk.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

West coast Costcos always sound like vegan wonderland, plus cheap Grey Goose.

They do have Boca burgers here, and goodness knows I find enough other stuff to spend $$ on, but it sure would be nice if they had tofu.

BJs sells big packs of tofu pretty cheaply, so we stock up everytime they send up a trial membership coupon.

ETA: chickpeas. We buy crazy amounts of chickpeas. We probably pay for our Costco membership just with chickpea savings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

tofucheez wrote:
annak wrote:

I've never found ANY fake meats at my Costco, not even tofu. They smirk at me when I ask. The only specifically vegan-y thing they have is Almond milk.

That's weird! I shop at the one in Silverdale and over here we have tofu, Gardein mandarin and crumbles and Field Roast sausages pretty reliably. Along with most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:14 am 

i bought spray can coconut oil today....i want to try it out!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:37 pm 

i saw huge jars of biscoff spread on saturday....only if they would get huge jars of the powdered pb in!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:00 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I got this huge bag of Sub Lime Multi-Grain Tortilla chips made by Late July and they are rocking my world! I love the texture so much and the lime is nice and subtle. I was also able to get the multipack of Field Roast Sausages, a huge pack of Tortilla Land uncocked Tortillas (they are so freaking delicious!!!), Hodo Tofu and Yuba Noodles which are super tasty, Malibu Gardenburgers which are excellent, and my favorite detergent! I love my Costco so much and it was rad because the day we went they were sampling so many vegan goodies that we were able to share in the sample competition craziness that happens on the weekends! I am sad though that they seem to have stopped carrying Daiya. Boohoo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Just as soon as this thread got me hooked on those uncooked tortillas, they stopped carrying them at ours.

I miss lime tostitos. Do the late July taste anything like?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:47 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I think that the Late July ones are even better! They are multigrain and have chia so the texture seems lighter and layered and probably aren't as salty as the Lime Tostitos. The lime is nice but isn't overbearing which is kind of nice. I love Limon Lays too, but they aren't always what I want. You should check them out, they are my new favorite chips! That sucks that your Costco stopped selling those tortillas, they are the best! I wish that it was okay to freeze them though because I always feel that we have to continuously eat them so as not to let them go bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 pm 

they have boxes of vegan rice crispy type treats! 1/2 box is chocolate - the other original! pretty tasty!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I usually use our Costco membership to buy produce and soy milk (which the savings on that alone are worth it), but today they had tofu for the second time ever! I am so jealous of all your Costco's in populated areas. Is it weird that I'm excited to go to the one by my hometown when we visit in April?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I need to go tonight so was thinking of this thread. Recent good finds:

Way Better Snacks Sweet Chili tortilla chips in an enormous bag (of course) - I find one of those bag clips will keep them fresh for a long time otherwise I wouldn't buy so much at once.

Lundberg Farm's "Olde World Pilaf" - Mix of rices and lentils and some beans - delicious. I am eating some for lunch with stir fry. I forget the price but it was way cheaper per pound than any Lundberg stuff in the grocery store.

Snapea Crisps individual bags. I don't usually like to buy individual bags but I caved for these. Good for lunch bags and portion control. I think they were $12 for 36.

Nature's Bakery fig bars - raspberry, blueberry and plain fig. Again an individually wrapped product but I can't bake right now and they are really good, way better than the usual grocery store fig bars.

Mixed "gourmet" olives, about a 4 litre size jar - only a few cases left (may have been a Christmas item) on clearance for $2.97 a jar! I bought 2, one for me and one for my women's weekend away.

My local Costco used to carry 6-packs of tofu but they haven't had them since last spring I think. They were in the cooler smack dab in the middle of the processed meat products - ugh. All they have there now are some falafels. I wish they would get in large bags of Daiya shreds too.

When I was looking at the olives a chatty man stopped and showed me the 4 jars in his cart. He talked about the things he likes to buy and what he wanted them to get back, then he told me there is a suggestion box at the front of the store. I will have to look for it today and suggest tofu and Daiya.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

My costco had Smart Balance peanut butter popcorn puffs. They looks just like the Earth Balance ones! Pretty big bag, was $6.50ish. We didn't get them, because to much junk food already, so don't know for sure. Couldn't find the product on the smart balance website, but they talk about them here: http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Manufacturers/Smart-Balance-moves-into-snack-category-with-Peanut-Butter-Popcorn-Nuggets

They also had some interesting looking cedarline microwave bowls with kale, grains ect. They were marked vegetarian, but didn't see anything unvegan about them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:11 am 
Saggy Butt

I found Orgain brand organic chocolate protein powder at my Costco yesterday. It's pea, rice and hemp. $29.99 for 2.75 lbs. I liked it in my breakfast smoothie. It had 23 grams of protein in a serving, which is helpful, since my breakfasts have been too low in protein lately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:59 am 
Tofu Pup

At Costco here in Melbourne they have the 1L bottles of the pure maple syrup for about $18. My parents also bought me a 2kg bag of chocolate chips and a big bottle of black chia seeds. I can't remember the prices but at the time they seemed to be cheaper than the usual products I would buy. There was a large packet of softer tofu and the jumbo packets of corn chips. Also 1kg tubs of Medjool dates for $10.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yesterday I found a bag of free trade dark chocolate sea salt almond bark thins. They are very nice. $8.99 for a pretty large bag.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next