| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monthy Vegan snack box?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Just got in on this.. unfortunately too late for this month's box I think :(

Edit: well, I did get charged for it.. hopefully that means I'll get one this month. I wouldn't think they would charge now for next months?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

What's in it? You are making me regret canceling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:18 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Let's see... a bag of Earth Balance cheddar style kettle chips, Hail Merry strawberry macaroons, an Equal Exchange dark chocolate bar with raisins and almonds, a Sjaak's cherry chocolate truffle, a Nakd raw fruit & nut bar, a Two Degrees cherry almond seed bar, a bag of Daily Crave veggie chips, two bags of tea, and a packet of nutrition shake stuff. Mine actually has more stuff in it than is on the little card. It's the best box in a looooong time. I pretty much lost my mind when I pulled out the cheddar chips.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Jealous.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

amandabear wrote:
Let's see... a bag of Earth Balance cheddar style kettle chips, Hail Merry strawberry macaroons, an Equal Exchange dark chocolate bar with raisins and almonds, a Sjaak's cherry chocolate truffle, a Nakd raw fruit & nut bar, a Two Degrees cherry almond seed bar, a bag of Daily Crave veggie chips, two bags of tea, and a packet of nutrition shake stuff. Mine actually has more stuff in it than is on the little card. It's the best box in a looooong time. I pretty much lost my mind when I pulled out the cheddar chips.

I got all this, except I got the sour cream and onion chips. SO good. Next I want to try the cheddar one. I agree, GREAT box this month!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:31 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

My favorite chips of all time used to be sour cream & onion, so I am going to get like 12 bags of those as soon as I see them anywhere. And then combine the two flavors to replicate my second favorite flavor, Utz cheddar and sour cream chips.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got the sour cream too! They taste just like regular (non-vegan) sour cream & onion chips. They showed both in the sneak peak, and I was like "WE GET TWO BAGS OF CHIPS?" Nottttttttt. I'm sure both are awesome though, so whatevs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I got my box today, mine had the cheddar chips. They were delicious! They remind me of Ruffles cheddar chips, which I always loved.

Why can't someone make a vegan cheddar cheese that tastes this good? If EB can put it on chips, can they PLEASE put that flavor on some vegan slices??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought the cheddar chips after getting the sour cream in my snack box. I like both a lot, sour cream a little more. The cheddar reminds me more of cheesy popcorn than chips.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:44 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I didn't see either the cheddar or sour cream chips at Kroger today.. but I did see giant bags of EB's white cheddar popcorn and butter popcorn. I had to decline buying for now since I already have the snack box to eat my way through, and I tend to unconsciously eat entire bags of white cheddar popcorn within a few minutes of opening.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I can't find the white cheddar popcorn ANYWHERE. All of the Whole Foods around me have the butter flavored kind but nowhere has the white cheddar. I had it once up at Farm Sanctuary and now it haunts my dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Finally got to the nakd berry bar in this months box. I think it was my favorite, other than the EB chips which I am going to have to keep myself from buying too often. Very good taste, and the ingredients are nothing but whole fruits.. nice to have around as a quick snack.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:44 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I stopped my subscription to Vegan Cuts because even though I enjoyed it, it was so frustrating to regularly discover great products I couldn't buy anywhere!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

my friend just told me to look out for a package in the mail. AND THEN she told me she got us a six month subscription to the vegan cuts snack box! what?! it's not even my birthday. i guess it was just my birthday, but i swear she already got me a present! whatever, i'm really excited!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:24 pm 
Nooch of Earl

My vegan cuts box from March came today. I've already eaten about half of it (the ginger ale, the soy noodles, the potato-corn chips, the coconut candy bar)… I am not necessarily proud of this fact, but my belly is happy. Now I have to make some superfood packets and protein drink last me the rest of the month…

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Did everyone get a different soda? I got root beer. That and the noodles are the only things I haven't eaten. Besides the protein powder and other powdery things. Those are starting to pile up from the past few months.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:03 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I got the root beer, too. I like it better than the blue sky stevia they have at stores here..

My favorite was the soy noodles (well, other than the ocho mounds bar).. they tasted good and seemed a lot healthier than normal ramen noodles. The only thing is they list quite a bit of cholesterol being in them, even though the ingredients all look vegan and it came in a box of vegan snacks. I'm assuming it was a misprint. I emailed the company but never heard back.

I'm hoping they chill on the powder drinks.. i don't really like powder drinks that much. as much as I want to like the Garden of Life one, it's just chalky and hard to get down, especially in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:28 am 
Nooch of Earl

The soy noodles were good, I thought, but on the spicy side but it was a weird spicy, like maybe with coriander? At least I think that was the taste. It was like, extreme coriander flavor. Not "vegetarian beef."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I haven't eaten anything out of the April box yet, and I'm already kind of disappointed with it. There are some things in there I've had and was already indifferent to - the multigrain crackers and lentil chips. I wasn't a big fan of the oat cereal last time, but this one's a different flavor, at least. The straw is pretty cool, but I can't eat it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:49 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I loved last month's oat cereal so I was excited to see it again! (and my new flavor is double chocolate!) But enough with the protein powder!! There's one in every box! I think I've used one and threw it out after one sip. I have a whole stash built up. I'd like to try them but I'm afraid I'll end up throwing it out and wasting whatever I blended it with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

The lentil chips were good! I'm meh on another protein drink thing, and I eat protein powder in some form most days. I don't consider it a snack. The straw is really cool, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 am 
Nooch of Earl

March's protein powder was OK blended with a banana, vegan ice cream, and some soy milk. I still haven't tried the superfoods powder - what does one do with that?? I did like the oat cereal from March (mine was some sort of espresso flavor I think) once I microwaved it with soymilk and added some salt to it. Oatmeal with no salt is an abomination! Haven't gotten April's box yet (probably won't for a couple weeks because I'm overseas), but bummed to hear it's mostly repeats.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I ate the oat stuff cold like cereal, not like oatmeal. Maybe it would be better that way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I always used only half of the protein packs at a time.

I think Vegan Cuts has caved to being more 'natural'/healthy with both of their boxes, hence the constant inclusion of protein powders and things like that. I'm always kind of surprised when they include things like soda and chips because of that.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:58 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i put that weird vegetable powder from last month into a smoothie on sunday. it tasted ok, but kind of weird and fake blueberry. i'm not really sure what the point of it is. i'm REALLY not sure what the point of oat beverage is. the bottle says "the power of oats!" but im pretty sure the power of oats is in the fiber and there's not much of that in the drink. also there is no protein in it, so it's basically useless.
i liked the crackers, but i don't like the lentil chips. i really dig that oatmeal stuff! it's really good to take to work and it has caffeine in it, which works out really well in the mornings. i'm excited about the straw, too.
i'm not a protein powder person, so i'm kinda bummed that it seems to be a main thing in every box. this packet is HUGE and it's supposed to be one serving. Maybe I will bake it into muffins or something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next