| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Monthy Vegan snack box?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Dave the Cat wrote:
creep wrote:
BowToLordSeitan wrote:
I really liked the Indian snack mix. It's funny though, there is no information on it, even on the company's website. The package suggests it's airline food.

That was a little concerning for me. Like, we all know it's vegan, but what about allergies? I'm allergic to peanuts, couldn't tell through the package if there were cashews or peanuts in there.

There were at least cashews. I just tried it and hated it. It was in between sweet and savory, and I don't like cashews.

I think it was just cashews. I'm only allergic to peanuts. I ate it and liked it, but all the fennel ended up in the bottom, so I could only eat about half of it... got too fennelly.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I just got my box. It's only my third one, but it's the best for sure. No protein powder! yay! The tuna was ok. I'm glad I got to try it for free because now at least I know I prefer chickpeas.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i have had my graze box for a few days, have yet to open it. it is mostly seedy stuff. i might just toss the lot into protein balls/bombs!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'be been gettinf a graze box deliveres to my work twice a month and really like it. I just trashed all of the plain seed and nut mixes, because those are sad and boring.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I think the key to graze box is to trash the things you aren't interested and to "love" the things you really want to try. I did that this time to get the Sour Cream and Onion Cashews and they are amazing!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:08 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Anyone get Nature Box? I like their format (full-size bags of snacks) the best, and I have a discount code for them. I've been hesitant to get on the snack box train because I feel like really, I can buy my own damn snacks, but I'm also realizing that I like the idea of having a monthly portioning of stuff and making good snack decisions from in front of my computer screen rather than bad ones in the grocery aisle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:37 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

got another graze box - my boyfriend and i tried the tropical dried fruit....the mango was so good i went to 2 stores last night trying to find one that was not full of crepe. i do not want dried fruit with a billion other ingredients please!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My coupon from the non-vegan sauce people arrived and it's good for any product they make! I used it on roasted chickpea snacks, which I can never get enough of.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:28 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

jordanpattern wrote:
Anyone get Nature Box? I like their format (full-size bags of snacks) the best, and I have a discount code for them. I've been hesitant to get on the snack box train because I feel like really, I can buy my own damn snacks, but I'm also realizing that I like the idea of having a monthly portioning of stuff and making good snack decisions from in front of my computer screen rather than bad ones in the grocery aisle.

I had not heard of Nature Box, it looks great though. Although, those types of snacks are things I like, but rarely buy for myself. Like you said, I'm more likely to go for the kettle chips when I'm actually in the grocery store, and it would be nice to have some better options at home. I might do this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

peanut wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:

I had not heard of Nature Box, it looks great though. Although, those types of snacks are things I like, but rarely buy for myself. Like you said, I'm more likely to go for the kettle chips when I'm actually in the grocery store, and it would be nice to have some better options at home. I might do this one.

I ordered Nature Box, if anyone wants to let me 'refer' you, then we would both get $10 off a box.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 am 
Huffs Nooch

I guess it's time to finally cancel the Vegan Cuts box.. another month another box with not many snacks. This time there's a towel and some hokey-pokey stress pills. The 3 or 4 things I'd consider "snacks" are nowhere near the $20 they charge.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

my graze box has been on repeat mode a lot lately.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm still liking nature box. The snacks are good but not necessarily the type of stuff I will plow through all in one day, so it lasts throughout the month. Reading about people's experiences with Vegan Cuts and other boxes, I like the fact that I get to pick my snacks too, if I want.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

abe's market is doing this new thing now in which they offer up random snacks you get to pick from, you pick 3 products for $6 (inc. s/h). i tried it out and got primal strips, some fruit chews (they were gross) and wasabi peas...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 am 
Nooch of Earl

At first I was super excited that there was so much STUFF in this month's vegan cuts box. The chili lime beanitos puffs were good. The seaweed things, well, I'll try them, although I am not often a fan of seaweed and why is everything I get lately chili lime? That sounds like a lot to have going on. The Neat I'm excited about, can always use more nonperishable fake meat things to keep around (though I'm unsure how I feel about the instructions to add an egg (or egg replacer in wee print)).

I thought it was cool to get a drink, but why are the drinks always kinda..gross? I like the sodas well enough, but can we all just collectively admit as a society that coconut water is disgusting?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 am 
Cranky

I finally unsubscribed from Vegan Cuts. There were just too many things piling up that I'm not eating, and the good stuff isn't worth $20 a month anymore. I'm a little sad at the direction they're taking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I just watched someone do an unboxing and as soon as I saw the vitamins I groaned.

I like coconut water but I never used any of those powdered drink things, they just sat in my snack drawer for months.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:24 pm 
Huffs Nooch

annak wrote:
At first I was super excited that there was so much STUFF in this month's vegan cuts box. The chili lime beanitos puffs were good. The seaweed things, well, I'll try them, although I am not often a fan of seaweed and why is everything I get lately chili lime? That sounds like a lot to have going on. The Neat I'm excited about, can always use more nonperishable fake meat things to keep around (though I'm unsure how I feel about the instructions to add an egg (or egg replacer in wee print)).

I thought it was cool to get a drink, but why are the drinks always kinda..gross? I like the sodas well enough, but can we all just collectively admit as a society that coconut water is disgusting?

I didn't get the Neat.

I agree on the drink.. It was gross. Coconut water and guarana seeds (which add caffeine bitter taste). I got about half of it down and thought why am I even bothering to choke this down? I threw away the stress pills and the Yet-Another-Drink-Powder.

I'm just making my own snack box from Rabbit Food from now on. 4 pouches of Louisville Jerky for $20 is way more satisfying than the one bag of chips/bean puffs that was good from this box. Though I must admit, I did really like the bean puffs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

BowToLordSeitan wrote:
annak wrote:

I didn't get the Neat.

I agree on the drink.. It was gross. Coconut water and guarana seeds (which add caffeine bitter taste). I got about half of it down and thought why am I even bothering to choke this down? I threw away the stress pills and the Yet-Another-Drink-Powder.

I'm just making my own snack box from Rabbit Food from now on. 4 pouches of Louisville Jerky for $20 is way more satisfying than the one bag of chips/bean puffs that was good from this box. Though I must admit, I did really like the bean puffs.

I got my first Vegan Cuts box Tuesday, sent to the UK its £20 ($35). I think I got the Neat as its a gift for new customers.
I liked the bean puffs, the seaweed crisps were surprisingly good, the date syrup leaked in the box, the coconut water was yuk as was the powdered drink.
I prefer Vegan Tuck box as they provide more chocolate but I will get a few more cuts boxes before deciding if I am going to carry on with the subscription.

π

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:28 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I didn't get Neat, either, so yeah, maybe it's new? I hate all the powders and I'm really annoyed that they gave some weird relaxation pill. At least the protein powder you can kiiiiind of say is a snack because you can put it in a smoothie.
the chili lime puffs were good, but i am not a sea weed fan, so i was not into the other chips. I don't want weird health food in my vegan snack box. I just want snacks! There's been a lot of good stuff, but there's also been a lot of weird gross stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:18 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, it's not uncommon for box services to give a bonus item to new subscribers to get them to sign up.

I wish there was another vegan snack box besides them and Healthy Surprise. HS is a good value, but the name says it all. And Vegan Cuts likes to cram their boxes with as many tiny samples as possible to make it look like you're getting more. The beauty box is the same way. I would rather have less things in bigger sizes.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:22 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Yeah, it's not uncommon for box services to give a bonus item to new subscribers to get them to sign up.

Now you mention it, I think it actually stated on the site that new subscribers would get a free pack of Neat (limited number available), but I signed up because is nice to get some US products.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I wish there was another vegan snack box besides them and Healthy Surprise. HS is a good value, but the name says it all. And Vegan Cuts likes to cram their boxes with as many tiny samples as possible to make it look like you're getting more. The beauty box is the same way. I would rather have less things in bigger sizes

Maybe keep an eye on Vegan Tuck Box, they only deliver in Europe at the moment but have stated that may change. They do a great range (especially at Christmas with lots of chocolate) but they are more expensive - about $35

π

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:13 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the Vegancuts website today. I thought I had forgot my password so I reset it 3 times but still I can't get in?

π

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7