| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monthy Vegan snack box?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, the Teese is totally fine non-refrigerated (prior to opening) and quite orange. If it's the cheddar, I'd recommend using it in a mac & cheese base - that's my favorite way. I like that a lot more vs. pouring on pasta, to clarify.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

You mean baked mac & cheese? Or mixed with another sauce?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Minatomachi wrote:
You mean baked mac & cheese? Or mixed with another sauce?

Like, added to a roux with spices for a baked mac & cheese, vs. just pouring onto cooked elbow pasta. Just my experience from trying both in the past.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been getting Conscious Box since April. I've loved it, but this month, a good half of the items in there were repeats from three months ago. I "paused" my subscription for now. It wouldn't kill me to save that $20.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was given 3 months of the conscious box as a gift and liked last months well enough, but this months is a real bummer. So many stupid things to pour in water! Again! I definely would not pay for this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I got a special a couple of months ago on a Tasterie box, which I ordered to be xgfx. The first month it was great...the second month, not so much. It included some kind of boxed chuckwagon chili mix where the instructions are all beefy and a vegetarian option is a footnote, and a box of seasoned flour that's really intended to make GF fried chicken and such, but you can use it for veggies...somehow I have a feeling that won't stick too well without egg. Not what I would have expected in a box marked vegan, to have to make a bunch of substitutions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:24 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Bumping this because we've been talking about the Vegan Cuts box in the peeves thread and I thought that would be more useful over here!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:01 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

This month's box has some awesome stuff in it (MACAROONS), but like people mentioned in the peeves thread, I don't love all the water supplement/sleep potion/protein powder/macro green algae powder stuff. I'm sure they're totally fine products, but they're not... snacks.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:03 pm 

I am fine with those things, but a bunch together in one month kind of sucks. I did already drink the sleepy thing though, because I had to get up early on Thursday and I woke up in the middle of the night with heartburn and the death sweats, so I just chugged it. It's mostly melatonin and I don't remember it having much taste.

I like the protein powder samples because it lets me know if they taste like completely assy stevia or not.

I really like last month's though, I ate about half of it within an hour of getting it. I love seaweed so hard.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:08 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I think I don't like the protein powder packets because I already have protein powder that I like. But I'll use them up one day when I run out and am waiting for a new tub to get delivered, I'm sure. I haven't eaten the seaweed thing from last month. I'm kind of afraid of it. I like nori well enough in sushi, but I don't know.

I really liked the sausage thing in last month, and the fig bar. That thing ruled.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 pm 

They're awesome! Just a little bit salty, and it's a really small serving so if you don't like it you won't be wasting much. Or you can feed them to the cats.

Those fig bars are the shiitake, I used to buy them at Mejier all the time.

I'm excited for it to cool off so they can start sending out things that will melt, like chocolate and stuff. No more Beanfield chips. I like them fine, but they're not exciting. I feel like a lot of the limitations we're getting is because only certain things can be mailed in the boiling summer months.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't mind the drink things, but probably because I got conscious box a few months and they were like 75% of each box.

The macaroons this month blew my mind, SO GOOD. We already love pretzel crisps and Book Chicka Pop so not new, but nice to have the small sizes on hand. Shae liked the Stevia Soda. I wish we had gotten that sausage again this month! Loved that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 am 

I had to cancel my Vegan Cuts snack box because the time that they bill, today, is horrible for us because like most people we have to pay a lot of bills on the first. If they didn't bill the beauty and snack boxes at the same time, the snack box would probably be charged after payday and I could swing that better. I hope they start billing them separately, if they do i'll sign up again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That would help a lot of people, probably. Anything that comes out of my "rent paycheck" is dicey. The only reason I get both boxes is because the snack box comes out of Mike's account, so I only have to prepare for the beauty box. Otherwise I'd just get one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:38 pm 

I understand that they probably save a ton in fees by only having to process payments once, and they have to charge cards before counting how many boxes they need put together, but it personally is just a horrible time for us because we have to pay both mortgages and we don't get the rent from our other house until the check clears through our property manager's account and then he transfers it to us. If they could slide their schedule back, so we pay in the second half of the previous month and then get the boxes earlier, that would be ideal.

I might start it up again in a few months, but I have plenty of backlog for snacks anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
If they could slide their schedule back, so we pay in the second half of the previous month and then get the boxes earlier, that would be ideal.

Yeah, that would be great. Bill on the 25th or something and then ship out the first week of the next month, maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
Tofu Pup

I just got my second vegan cuts box. I was not happy with protein sample, dream water, and getting the exact same snappea crisps I got last month. The box was disappointing this month. The sausage last month rocked! I'm in Canada so it's extra to ship here. My box was not worth $50 this month. :(

I'm debating trying another box. I canceled my vc subscription.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Whoa, fifty bucks? I thought it was only 8 dollars to ship to Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:10 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Shy Mox wrote:
Whoa, fifty bucks? I thought it was only 8 dollars to ship to Canada.

I'm in Canada and it costs 28 $. It's probably two boxes that cost 50.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:47 am 
Tofu Pup

Eek. Maybe I was overcharged? I just looked at my online credit card statement. Hmm.... I don't even think this months was worth 28 either!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had the dream water last night because I was having mind racey anxiety stuff and just wanted to fall asleep. It definitely made me feel weird. Like, mild hallucinogenic weird. And I still woke up a few times.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I asked for protein powder in the last survey lol. I still haven't decided which one, and blending it in a smoothie is a snack for me. The sleep water is meh. Just like rehydration powder, and that other green tea powder... just WTH?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The green tea powder and protein powder are the only things from the last two boxes I haven't tried yet. I don't really do smoothies that often. I guess I'm not really into the idea of "this becomes a snack if you do ____ with it." I just want to be able to open a package and eat it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 am 
Saggy Butt

There was green tea powder? I think I missed that one. I haven't had that sleep water yet but now I'm all weirded out about trying it. I'm glad I got another bag of snap pea crips, those things are awesome.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I would have liked snapea crisps instead of the green tea stuff. Green tea makes me nauseous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next