Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

What have you been baking?
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25325
Page 12 of 31

Author:  Moon [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

InVegetablesWeTrust wrote:
Made some mini pistachio topped date pies http://wp.me/p2O1kw-1fD and baked some bread, wich was half gram flour, was lovey for toasting!


Those are adorable!

Author:  bodhi [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

ashley wrote:
Does anyone have a favorite recipe for apple quick bread/loaf cake? Preferably one that calls for grated apples. I have 3 super mealy granny smith apples that I'd like to use in something where they will basically dissolve and not be noticeable.

Maybe the Apple Cider Muffins in VWAV could work? It's super delicious, and uses grated apples.

I made chocolate-bottom macaroons last night. I have no idea why I waited so long. They were super quick and easy. And amazing!

Author:  ashley [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

bodhi wrote:
ashley wrote:
Does anyone have a favorite recipe for apple quick bread/loaf cake? Preferably one that calls for grated apples. I have 3 super mealy granny smith apples that I'd like to use in something where they will basically dissolve and not be noticeable.

Maybe the Apple Cider Muffins in VWAV could work? It's super delicious, and uses grated apples.

Perfect! Thanks!

Author:  InVegetablesWeTrust [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

Moon wrote:
InVegetablesWeTrust wrote:
Made some mini pistachio topped date pies http://wp.me/p2O1kw-1fD and baked some bread, wich was half gram flour, was lovey for toasting!


Those are adorable!


Thanks!

Author:  madeleine.teacup [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

InVegetablesWeTrust wrote:

also I baked this, beetroot red velvet cake with freshly grated coconut frosting http://wp.me/p2O1kw-1cX


That looks amazing. So red!

Author:  TexTroosers [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

I made the apricot-almond cupcakes from VCTOTW for Easter last weekend, but instead of doing the glaze as the recipe calls for, I made the buttercream frosting recipe from the back of the book with some almond extract in it (cupcakes without frosting are muffins). I am not a confident (terrifed, actually) baker at all- I am horrible at deciding when things are done, but I was very happy with how these turned out- even the first batch that I clearly over-baked was delicious, and infinitely more delicious than any non-vegan cupcake I ever ate.

Author:  8ball [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

V'con wheat free chocolate chip cookies. They were so yummy that there's only three left.

Author:  Tzippy [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

This chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake: http://bittersweetblog.com/2011/05/27/m ... erfection/

Author:  serafinaemily [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

I made these GREAT blueberry muffins with frozen mixed berries and oil instead of margarine, almond milk instead of soy. They are most and stick together well and have the perfect muffin tops that I love :D

http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/ ... ins-123809

Author:  VeganMeredith [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

8ball wrote:
V'con wheat free chocolate chip cookies. They were so yummy that there's only three left.


I just made those last week! Yum!

Author:  Nimmy [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

I made the Coffee Chip muffins from Vegan Brunch. One batch got gobbled up at a potluck so I had to make another for myself my family. Ridiculously moist even the day after and so good with a glass of almond milk... or coffee of course.

Author:  InVegetablesWeTrust [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

madeleine.teacup wrote:
InVegetablesWeTrust wrote:

also I baked this, beetroot red velvet cake with freshly grated coconut frosting http://wp.me/p2O1kw-1cX


That looks amazing. So red!


Sadly the red aint all beetroot, its got a bit of food colouring, but gonna try again sometime make a diff recipe and use just beetroot!

Author:  InVegetablesWeTrust [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

serafinaemily wrote:
I made these GREAT blueberry muffins with frozen mixed berries and oil instead of margarine, almond milk instead of soy. They are most and stick together well and have the perfect muffin tops that I love :D

http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/ ... ins-123809


I might give these ago when I next need a muffin fix!

Author:  VeganinBerlin [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

These looked so good. But I threw them out. The chocolate mousse topping from VCTOTW made me feel so sick.
:(

Image

Author:  mictheotterspotter [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

I made the chocolate yogurt bundt cake yesterday, but made it as a whole cake, not a ring cake.
It was great, and there is only half left now (there's only two of us, and I don't eat a lot of cake!)
Recipe - http://www.theppk.com/2013/02/chocolate ... undt-cake/

Author:  ijustdiedinside [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

tester recipe scones in the oven! breakfast this week is going to be awesome.

Author:  Moon [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

Homestyle Potato Rolls from Vcon. So much yum.

Author:  PorshaJo [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

I made the Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake with Lemon Glaze from Vegan Diner. So awesome!!

Author:  lillianp [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

Speculoos banana bread this morning! It was decent. Not the best banana bread I've had (i'm still partial to the one from The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life), but good.

Author:  bodhi [ Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

Snickerdoodle bars and chocolate chip cookies for cookies and tea with some family today.

Author:  aiee [ Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

whole wheat-buckwheat bread (adapted from healthy bread in 5 min a day) and the raspberry brownies from the ppk blog (so great!).

Author:  TupeloHoney [ Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

My friend got accepted into her choice college, so I'm baking her chocolate cherry-topped cupcakes to celebrate!

Author:  Moon [ Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

TupeloHoney wrote:
My friend got accepted into her choice college, so I'm baking her chocolate cherry-topped cupcakes to celebrate!


I got out of bed early and emptied the dishwasher before work, do I qualify for amazing sounding cupcakes also?

Author:  Erinnerung [ Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

Double chocolate gingerbread cookies! From Isa Does It- this has totally become my go-to cookie recipe lately.

Author:  beethecookie [ Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What have you been baking?

Tzippy wrote:
This chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake: http://bittersweetblog.com/2011/05/27/m ... erfection/


Gorgeous. I think I may have found my birthday cake!

Page 12 of 31 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/