| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: What have you been baking?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:50 am 
And you never will.

Yesterday (in addition to an order) I made some chocolate cut-out skeleton cookies! They're so adorbs. And today I've made white sandwich bread, anpan, currant scones, and cheesy bacon scones. I was going to make muffins too, but I ran out of time before the baby got here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:24 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/vegan ... slice.html

(i was on board til i saw phyllo dough, which i just can't do. other than that it looks super!)

i am making anpan AGAIN. the kid needs a breakfast food and it's ideal.
i also made soft german pretzels yesterday because sunday we went to an event that had them and they were sold out by the time we reached the concessions. i had to have them....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Cherry Almond Poppyseed muffins from Vegan Dinner and the East Coast Coffee Cake from Vegan Brunch. Both went down a treat at a work party.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:51 pm 
Chip Strong

Baking day was yesterday and as usual I made my standard banana bread (Compassionate Cook) -for husband's lunch and Wacky cake for after dinner * sigh, I really need to break out of this rut. Apart from shortbread at Christmas and the occasional choc chip, blueberry or bran muffin batch (that I'm never really happy with) I don't ever bake anything different. But I just keep returning to cheap and easy and that which I know will turn out okay. I'm going to go through this thread for inspiration.

ETA I have made brownies about 7 or 9 times this past year, but, meh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:35 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i had leftover anpan dough and not enough beans so i took two buns' worth and made little apple pastries with chopped apple and hard cinnamon candies. mwuahaha.
also, crustless apple pie. because crust sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

torque wrote:
i also made soft german pretzels yesterday because sunday we went to an event that had them and they were sold out by the time we reached the concessions. i had to have them....

What recipe do you use? My partner isn't familiar with soft pretzels, and I want to make some for him to try.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

these http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/germ ... zel-sticks
warning: they are so soft that they don't even really feel like pretzels, the taste is spot-on but they're really, really soft. i don't think i would make them again, but we're a house full of people with bad teeth and sketchy dental work, so soft is good.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Today I baked my boyfriend a death by chocolate birthday cake. For the batter, I used this recipe, with mini chocolate chips thrown in. I topped it with the ganache. I decided to fill it with chocolate mousse, but I accidentally bought soft silken tofu and not extra firm. I went with it, hoping it would turn out like a pudding instead. No, it was like a melted milkshake. I just kept adding shiitake to it until it became somewhat solid, and it ended up being more like a peanut butter glaze. Hmm.

I haven't tasted the whole thing yet, but it doesn't look too ugly, for being my first layer cake! I can't wait to take pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

torque wrote:
these http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/germ ... zel-sticks
warning: they are so soft that they don't even really feel like pretzels, the taste is spot-on but they're really, really soft. i don't think i would make them again, but we're a house full of people with bad teeth and sketchy dental work, so soft is good.....

Thank you! (That's actually great for us, as he's waiting to be able to afford getting some dental work done - too chewy is not good right now!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

pumpkin chocolate pecan loaf for our neighbor that has been kind to me lately.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodles. Sooooooooo good. Best chocolate cookies ever.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:25 pm 
Nailed to the V

pizza, pizza, pizza and banana bread. the pizza i did the romanesco thing from the ppk blog and a couple pesto pizzas bc somebody gave me sooooo many basil plants before the first big freeze. the banana bread was veganized from moosewood cookbook. it has coffee and orange rind in it. amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

For Halloween I went VCTOTW all over the place and made the pumpkin cupcakes, but added cinnamon to the cream cheese icing instead of the recommended topping. Yum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

This weekend I made a chocolate chunk pumpkin loaf and apple swirl bread. I also made a french toast casserole, if that counts as baking..

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

chouettes crêpes wrote:
the banana bread was veganized from moosewood cookbook. it has coffee and orange rind in it. amazing!

Ooooooooooh, I need to try that.

I bought everything I need for the Poppy Seed Sponge Cheesecake (Tschechischer Käsekuchen) from Seitan is My Motor. Can't wait to bake it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:43 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Bread pudding. I have been making so much bread pudding over the past few months! I've decided it makes a really good breakfast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

On Sunday I made Isa's magic bars and a double-graham cracker crust apple pie with a salted apple-cider-caramel sauce! Delicious!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 pm 

I had guests coming in over the weekend, so I got to baking! I made Maple Pecan Blondies (Dreena Burton), Pumpkin Coffee Cake (V'con), Brownies (Sticky Fingers), and Olive Oil Bread and Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies (Isa Does It). I can't decide which was the best recipes; I'm leaning towards the Pumpkin Coffee Cake. They were all great!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
Saggy Butt

beethecookie wrote:
I had guests coming in over the weekend, so I got to baking! I made Maple Pecan Blondies (Dreena Burton), Pumpkin Coffee Cake (V'con), Brownies (Sticky Fingers), and Olive Oil Bread and Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies (Isa Does It). I can't decide which was the best recipes; I'm leaning towards the Pumpkin Coffee Cake. They were all great!

I've been wanting to make those cookies from ISI but now I'm sold on the Pumpkin Coffee Cake. That sounds so good. Though I checked the recipe and think I will 1/2 it.

I recently made pizza pretzels. So simple to make but I don't make them that often.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:19 pm 

PorshaJo wrote:
beethecookie wrote:

I've been wanting to make those cookies from ISI but now I'm sold on the Pumpkin Coffee Cake. That sounds so good. Though I checked the recipe and think I will 1/2 it.

I recently made pizza pretzels. So simple to make but I don't make them that often.

Pizza Pretzels!?! My kids would eat those, and that's a huge accomplishment these days! Do you have a recipe for them?

And yes, if you're not feeding an army you should totally 1/2 the coffee cake. It's a lot of food.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:05 pm 
Saggy Butt

beethecookie wrote:
PorshaJo wrote:
beethecookie wrote:

Pizza Pretzels!?! My kids would eat those, and that's a huge accomplishment these days! Do you have a recipe for them?

And yes, if you're not feeding an army you should totally 1/2 the coffee cake. It's a lot of food.

I do. I found it years ago via the web and not sure who the author was. No longer have the link as I just printed the recipe. Is it OK to post the recipe here? If not I can PM it to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 am 

I'm not sure about posting the recipe. Better to be safe and PM it. Thank you; I'm super excited now!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 am 
Saggy Butt

OK - I sent it via PM to you beethecookie. Hope you enjoy them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:05 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I made this ginger cake: http://fussfreeflavours.com/2009/02/eas ... nger-cake/

It was really, really simple to make and it was delicious. I took it to a party and it all got gobbled up. I didn't get to eat that much of it myself - I might make another one tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:41 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I made a coconut layer cake this weekend from this recipe: http://www.parade.com/26844/chloecoscarelli/classic-vegan-coconut-layer-cake/

I used flaked, toasted coconut for the outside instead of shreds (I used shreds in the batter) and used half a cup of unrefined coconut oil in place of half the shortening in the frosting. It was amazing, looked gorgeous and a party full of omnis ate it, totally shocked it was vegan (though they're an easy crowd - none of them know how to bake so any homemade cake is like magic).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next