| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Silk iced latte
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I finally spotted the Almond Breeze at my King Soopers (Kroger). It was on the bottom row of the fridge, it was $4.99, and they only had vanilla and mocha. I was hoping to try the caramel!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

(i'll just copy and paste) :-)

if you do the savingstar thing, there's an offer for $5/$15 worth of silk half gallons (it's a "one or many" offer, you can buy it over multiple visits between today and aug 31 as long as you have your loyalty cards linked, and save the deal to your cards.)
https://savingstar.com/

stack with:
$1/1 any half gallon (x 9/30)
$1/1 iced latte (x 8/31)
http://www.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers ... opid=15046

and there was a $1/1 fruit&protein in the smartsource from 6/23 (x 7/31)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Good to know! I do have my cards linked to SS but forgot all about it.

Coupons.com also has a $1 off the Almond Breeze ones.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:38 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

annak wrote:
Amy wrote:
I forgot how much this thread made me laugh, especially mbm's Steve Martin reference.

Can I go a little OT for a sec? Has anyone had the Califia Farms almond milk iced coffee drinks? I'm wondering how they compare with Silk's. I've had the Silk vanilla, and I thought it was ok but too sweet. I haven't seen the Califia ones yet, but I just saw their almond milk for the first time last week, so I'm hopeful! (http://www.califiafarms.com/)

I just noticed the coupon for a Califia milk in the vegan cuts box! I don't normally pay much attention to the wad o' paper because 50c off isn't going to sway me to buy a product, but free? Sure. My whole foods has the almond milk, I don't think I've seen coffee but I'll try to get that one if I can. Though I do hate that whenever there's some new thing it edges out the old. (If So Delicious introduces coffee coconut milk next month and then suddenly that's all everyone stocks, I will quit. QUIT!)

I bought the mocha flavored one today and I'm a big fan. Way better than Silk, but I haven't found Almond Breeze to try yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:26 pm 
WELFARIST!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Target has clearanced this and the Silk creamers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:51 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

That doesn't mean it's leaving forever, right? It just means they need to clear the current stock. I can't imagine them getting rid of the only truly non-dairy creamer.

Also if you have a Kroger plus card, there's a digital coupon for $1 off of the Almond Breeze. Of course I loaded it because I hate my guts.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 am 
WELFARIST!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
That doesn't mean it's leaving forever, right? It just means they need to clear the current stock. I can't imagine them getting rid of the only truly non-dairy creamer.

Clearance at Target means it's gone. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My Target never stocked that. In fact neither one near me did. Both are super sucky as far as vegan food though.

I'm so into the caramel Almond Breeze. I can't get it for a reasonable price because I've only see it at one store but it's still worth it because since I started buying it I haven't been to Starbucks once.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Mr. Shankly wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

Clearance at Target means it's gone. :(

I can imagine it. Our Meijer is now rid of all of the non-dairy yogurt. Thanks a lot, Silk, for getting rid of your good yogurts and replacing it with crepe that didn't sell. :\

Now I have to go to Earth Fare or Whole Foods if I want yogurt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:57 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Fee wrote:
Amy wrote:
Has anyone had the Califia Farms almond milk iced coffee drinks?

I bought the mocha flavored one today and I'm a big fan. Way better than Silk, but I haven't found Almond Breeze to try yet.

I bought the double espresso, and I like it! It's a lot less sweet than Silk or AB (which is good), but knowing that I wish I had bought the mocha. I don't think any bottled coffee drink is going to be as good as actual iced coffee, so I think they benefit from a little extra flavor. Still, not bad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Amy wrote:
Fee wrote:
Amy wrote:
Has anyone had the Califia Farms almond milk iced coffee drinks?

I bought the double espresso, and I like it! It's a lot less sweet than Silk or AB (which is good), but knowing that I wish I had bought the mocha. I don't think any bottled coffee drink is going to be as good as actual iced coffee, so I think they benefit from a little extra flavor. Still, not bad.

I really like the double espresso flavor! I haven't tried any of the other flavors though; I am not huge on sweet coffee, so the double espresso was just right.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I'm curious about the AB caramel! Also, AB commercials on TV now! They're cute.

Mr. Shankly wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Target has clearanced this and the Silk creamers!

OMG YES. They stopped carrying the creamer at mine for at least a year and it came back and it's gone again AND WHY? That means I have to spend almost twice as much and go to Harris Teeter, so basically, I'm quitting silk creamer, I guess.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My store doesn't have the caramel AB anymore and I don't like the other flavors nearly as much. I'm hoping it's just temporary!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I tried the AB mocha and I like it! Still no caramel around here though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

did that work?
now you see why i never post photos. latte. caramel. coffee+almond drink.

i haven't tried it yet, because it needs to chill and it's 4pm and i would like to sleep today. i found it at whole foods. there was mocha too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I tried the Califia mocha and found it very meh. But today I found a lone Almond Breeze caramel macchiato which is my favorite of these drinks.

Of course I now want to try that Dream one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I got the almond caramel macchiato! It's yums. Definitely better than the Silk.

appifanie wrote:
I'm curious about the AB caramel! Also, AB commercials on TV now! They're cute.

Mr. Shankly wrote:

OMG YES. They stopped carrying the creamer at mine for at least a year and it came back and it's gone again AND WHY? That means I have to spend almost twice as much and go to Harris Teeter, so basically, I'm quitting silk creamer, I guess.

the forkers now carry vanilla (which I hate) but not plain. WTH?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6