| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do I sell my body for a blendtec?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Maybe not my actual body :-/

I currently own a magimix 4200 which is probably used once a month ish (for grating coleslaw ingredients) and a kenwood chef (think UK version of a kitchenaid) which I have used twice to knead bread and a few times to cream sugar/butter in the past when making cakes, this is stuffed into a dusty old cupboard atm...I REALLY want a blendtec but as money is super tight I'm having to eBay things to buy one :,( poor me. I hardly ever use the FP or mixer but I panic about not having them!! I could probably make the £349.99 by just selling these two things.

Has anyone made bread in a blendtec? I'm very wary of bread kneaded by a blender :-/

Post subject: Re: Do I sell my body for a blendtec?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:44 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

i have a Vitamix, and they are similar. I love it. I made bread in it once and it's quicker then the doughhook on the kitchen aid. But to be honest I like kneading bread by hand the best. I use my kitchen aid mixer all the time cakes and frostings, and I have the ice cream maker attachment for it which is really underused. And I still use my food processor for things that don't need to be that finely blended, or to shred carrots and potatoes instead of grating by hand.
I use the Vitamix for blending soups, cashew nuts cheese, grinding grains and nuts to make flours and nut meals. I really use it a lot. I think there's a ton of great things that you can do with the Blendtec or the Vitamix, but I wouldn't invest in either one just for bread.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:38 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

While I have never used my Blendtec for bread I have used it for a lot of other things. I LOVE it! It gets used every single day. We use it for smoothies, snow cones, fruit sorbet, soup, nut butters, sauces, everything! It is my favourite kitchen appliance and the one I use the most (ok, it's tied with the coffee maker LOL)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I would pick BlendTec over the Vitamix I have - any day. They're wonderful machines, and totally worth the money for the ease of food prep. Just don't expect magic and don't buy all the marketing stuff about their capabilities for insane things like kneading bread, chopping vegetables, etc - they're just fabulous blenders. But so worth it.