| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Life-changing vegan food stuff (ppk2013)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to add:

Julie Hasson's book, Vegan Pizza, totally rocked my world in 2013 (especially the easy-peasy pizza dough recipe!)

The Vegan Nights at the Bread Street Brasserie in Edinburgh were an awesome development too: http://www.pointhoteledinburgh.co.uk/po ... ening.html (I blogged about it in VeganMoFo too: http://imogenmichel.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... treet.html)

Provamel Coco-Rice Milk; it's the only plant milk I use at home now.

Oh, and the Vegg!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Arlyss wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
I'm not sure that this life changing, but Wegmans now has a dark chocolate bar with cinnamon glazed pecans. It's really, really tasty, and it's nice to find a vegan chocolate bar that's only $1.99.

I am not sure whereabouts in Wegmans to look for this. Would it be in the bakiong section or where? The place is so huge, I can spend hours in there looking at and for stuff. I really want to try it.

Also, Wegmans carries Bakers semi-sweet chocolate pieces, which are vegan. They were great in the Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies from Isa Does It.

Sometimes by the register too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

PSA for Canadians: Carnaby Street Dark Chocolate After Dinner mints (just like After Eights with dark chocolate and creamy mint centre, but kind of more luxe-tasting version than what I remember After Eights tasting like) are vegan and super tasty. I got a box yesterday at Shoppers Drug Mart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I tried the vegan lox and i must say, they are fantastic. I love them. Yes, the texture is a little weird, but so is the texture of fish. They are really thin slices of smokey goodness.

I also love underbaked brownie sundaes with Luna & Larry's coconut milk icecream. It's the best icecream i have had. Not only is it super creamy, but it comes in awesome flavors. Caramel ginger cookie, anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:41 pm 
WELFARIST!

seitanicverses wrote:
PSA for Canadians: Carnaby Street Dark Chocolate After Dinner mints (just like After Eights with dark chocolate and creamy mint centre, but kind of more luxe-tasting version than what I remember After Eights tasting like) are vegan and super tasty. I got a box yesterday at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Sorry, the brand is actually Carnaby Sweet, not Carnaby Street as I first posted!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am 
Bathes in Braggs

seitanicverses wrote:

Oh yeah I got some of those for a New Year's Eve party - Christmas clearance, half price - and they were delicious. [After Eights still make me sad as my dad always used to have some in his bedside table]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hot akes vegan salted caramel - mixed with chai and a bit of vanilla almond milk i can give star bucks a run for their $!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:02 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Paloma wrote:
The new Alpro hazelnut milk is fantastic. But that might just be a Benelux/Europe thing.

I've had Alpro products while visiting Israel -- wish they were sold in American natural food stores!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Arisaig wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

Oh yeah I got some of those for a New Year's Eve party - Christmas clearance, half price - and they were delicious. [After Eights still make me sad as my dad always used to have some in his bedside table]

A lot of that yummy and delightfully junky Carnaby stuff at Shoppers is vegan. I now grocery shop at the drug store. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:13 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Besides Isa Does It which I love, I really use Vegan Chocolate a ton! I love that cookbook! I think they are some of the best vegan baking recipes.

I also like the new Daiya Cheese Lovers pizza. I hadn't had a frozen pizza in years!
Also, Whole Foods sells this cultured coconut yogurt which is incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 am 

SwissMiss wrote:
Besides Isa Does It which I love, I really use Vegan Chocolate a ton! I love that cookbook! I think they are some of the best vegan baking recipes.

Which ones are your favorites, SwissMiss? I got Vegan Chocolate as a holiday gift but have not made anything from it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

seitanicverses wrote:

I'll check those out, thanks! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Quote:
Which ones are your favorites, SwissMiss? I got Vegan Chocolate as a holiday gift but have not made anything from it yet.

The Brooklyn Blackout! Probably the best chocolate cake ever! And the browniessssss....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 pm 

SwissMiss wrote:
Quote:

The Brooklyn Blackout! Probably the best chocolate cake ever! And the browniessssss....

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:44 am 
Tofu Pup

I'm all over Quinoa at the moment. Seems to be in eerything I cook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

bolapunk wrote:
I'm all over Quinoa at the moment. Seems to be in eerything I cook

Ah quinoa is so nice. My kids hate it so I don't cook it very often unfortunately. I do sprout and dry it then add it to smoothies so they get it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm pretty sure that if I find and eat that new Endangered species filled dark chocolate salt and lime bar, my life will be perfect. At least for the 45 seconds it will take to inhale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:57 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I found some hickory smoke flavoured olive oil at Loblaws in Canada. It is amazing! I put it on tofu to make bacon and on anything else I want to be smoky.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:04 am 
Huffs Nooch

I'm not sure how new it is, but I hadn't noticed Go Veggie strawberry cream cheese before.. Last time I tried Toffuti's cream cheese I figured I needed to just make my own or go without, but this stuff is really good!

I also re-tried their vegan slices, the cheddar variety. I picked up the package and they felt really soft/bendy, much different than the dry, crumbly, sad stuff I remember last time I tried them. They were a lot better, especially when heated. The only bad part was that they felt slimy.. which was a little off-putting since usually if something is slimy it's either okra or has gone bad. I know they're not the best, but it's good to have them be edible now since they aren't too expensive and are pretty widely available.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 am 
WRETCHED

Wegman's has so many good vegan items. Their 'Don't have a cow' beef crumbles are the only ones I've ever liked. I tried some beef crumbles many, many years before I went vegan and I had a pretty strong negative reaction to them so every time I try some, it is usually nope nope nope. Also, their 'Don't be a piggy' sausage crumbles are really good.

I mentioned in the cheese thread that I like the Kite Hill White Alder, reminds me a lot of brie.

We grilled the SproutBurgers this weekend and they aren't life changing but they are really good as well. They did good on the grill and were yummy too.

I would've added the Quorn Vegan burgers but I haven't seen them in a few months :( They are the best 'meaty' veggie burgers I've ever had.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am 
WRETCHED

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 am 
Nailed to the V

Toasted nuts. On everything. Ever since I made the Gnocchi Pesto soup from Isa Does It with the pine nuts, I've been toasting either pine nuts or slivered almonds and sprinkling them over my food, no matter what it is. SO ROASTY TOASTY.

And I can use my tiny egg pan that I've had since pre-veganness for something again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:42 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

i'd say terry hope romero's - surprise! surprise!- vegan eats world.. i'm gradually working through the whole cookbook. and a lot of it impresses! the Banh Mi and Banh Xeo (vietnamese crepes) are far better than what one can get in a restaurant, i've found...and made the filo dough samosas the other night...it was much easier than i imagined. right now, i'd say that if i had one cookbook to choose it would be hers...i know that kind of book is not everyone's cup of tea...but as a flavor addict the book has a high wow factor...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:34 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Earth Balance just keeps on rolling. There have been a few posts on reddit showing wonderful pictures like this:
http://i.imgur.com/8E4fDUt.jpg
They have both cheddar and white cheddar boxed mac and cheese now! The person posting it said it was pretty similar to kraft mac and cheese, which of course isn't gourmet, but is what I (and I assume many others) grew up on and now compare all other mac and cheese to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:33 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

It's supposed to hit Whole Foods in July

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next