| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FakeMeats.com
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

agreed, i plan to always order my soy curls from them. priced just right, but it was the reasonable s/h rates that won me over. perhaps next time i'll be a bit less conservative and try something new!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

bookwormbethie wrote:
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I also got the Butler Chick'n Seasoning, Hickory Bacon Salt, and The Vegg. I am supper excited to try the vegg! Ok, I'm also supper excited to cook with my soy curls, but I've tried them in a restaurant once. I've never had the vegg at all. At first I didn't think I was that impressed with the bacon salt. But it makes a really good BLT! I just spread bread with veganaise, sprinkled with bacon salt, added lettuce and tomato. And I can't wait to do it again! I'm also thinking bacon salted popcorn would be a good idea.

have you tried the vegg yet???

No, I've been too busy cooking things for the cook book challenge! Plus, the vegg seem pretty expensive for the small amount you get, so I've been researching what people have made with it and trying to decide what will be the best thing to do with it first! I know, I'm being kind if silly. I'll post about it as soon as I try it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

this is a you tube page, but she does have a blog and she had a cool video talking about the vegg....

she somehow boiled tofu with (arrowroot? agar agar?) to try to make her own egg with yolk. it was mighty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/user/veggietoria ... =0&sort=dd

i'm tempted to use a little bit and just dip toast in it like the gross old times before i went vegan.

if you find any cool vegg links, please do share! i'm off to search as i recall a vegg or vegg-like thread recently......

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

You all convinced me to order from here. I placed my order this afternoon and it has already been shipped. It's been less than 6 hours! I ordered soy curls with the chicken flavoring stuff (since I've never tried it), the vegg (I'm a little scared/unsure), and these veggie rolls. Has anyone tried the veggie rolls? are they good?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

joyfulgirl wrote:
You all convinced me to order from here. I placed my order this afternoon and it has already been shipped. It's been less than 6 hours! I ordered soy curls with the chicken flavoring stuff (since I've never tried it), the vegg (I'm a little scared/unsure), and these veggie rolls. Has anyone tried the veggie rolls? are they good?

The veggie rolls look kind of scary. But intriguing.

Please report back when you get them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Okay I got the package today and first thing I did was try those veggie rolls because a) I was curious and b) they're ready to eat, so I don't have to cook them or anything. I do not like them. at all. They taste like peanuts. I got the tomato one and the mushroom one. The mushroom one is awful and the tomato one is just moderately nasty. I could probably handle eating it if it were covered with a bunch of other things in a lasagna or something. but really, I'm probably just going to throw it out. It's just not worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:32 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Seriously, I have tried several flavors of that brand's rolls and pates now, and there is so little flavor in all of them, yet it's all so off-putting...flavor...texture....bleh. Sad.