| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 6063
What is Gewurzt? I'm not sure I like it. But the chocolate orange peel sounds good.

Today I snacked on broccoli dipped in dill tahini sauce, and later on I had some almonds and raisins for a snack.

I'm glad there is a snack thread. Snacks are my favorite meal. Some days I don't have any proper meals and just snack all day. Those might be the best days.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:38 am 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Upstate NY
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
What is Gewurzt? I'm not sure I like it. But the chocolate orange peel sounds good.

Today I snacked on broccoli dipped in dill tahini sauce, and later on I had some almonds and raisins for a snack.

I'm glad there is a snack thread. Snacks are my favorite meal. Some days I don't have any proper meals and just snack all day. Those might be the best days.


Gewürztraminer, we do it quite well here in the Finger Lakes of NY. I snack on almonds or peanuts and raisins every morning.

_________________
Never trust a bunny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
I only like a Gewurtztraminer with Thai/Chinese/similar spicy flavours. On their own I find the floral flavours that usually accompany them a little overpowering. Though at thanksgiving my dad's girlfriend brought me one that was pretty nice.

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2289
Mars wrote:
Juanita's tortilla chips


These things are ridiculous! I don't know what they put in them to make them so delicious (actually, I think I do: more fat and more salt?). Mmm. Juanita's!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm 
Offline
Chip Strong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:28 pm
Posts: 983
I try to keep my snacking to a minimum as the calories quickly add up but lately I have been positively obsessed with apple cinnamon rice cakes. eating one right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline
Has Isa on speed dial

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 pm
Posts: 87
wasabi/soy almonds (and a glass - or three - of red)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8181
Location: Brasil
craiger_ny wrote:
Gewürztraminer, we do it quite well here in the Finger Lakes of NY.

Lordy, you just gave me the largest shudder recalling several years of Gewurztraminer hangovers!!! I drank it [local!] all through college up in finger lakes land... so much so that to this day i can't drink white wine without an instant hangover flashback to some chugalug with frat boy flings on a roof somewhere. [that was before i learned the secret ways of good beer.]

however, high-five on the snacks. my work fuel tonight was a half-bottle of argentinean bonarda and pringles.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:36 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:18 am
Posts: 467
Location: Canberra, Australia
A Vegemite sandwich and soy flat white this morning, grapes and dried apricots this afternoon, and a bowl of muesli with passionfruit and banana this evening!

_________________
Jack Sprat could eat no fat and his wife could eat no lean, and then their daughter became a vegan and got a boyfriend with an onion allergy. --- My dad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 415
Location: Au
Kale Chips

And then also I recently discovered the Earth Balance PB Popps and it has been my downfall...I have like 10 bags of popcorn kernels from our CSA though and I'm determined to try to recreate the recipe myself!

And then also our usual beers n wines


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2289
Lately Mezzetta California Hot Mix is my jam. It's like spicy giardiniera. I could happily eat an entire jar and drink the juice. Delicious vinegar-y, mouth burn-y, salty goodness.

Also castelvetrano olives, but only from the olive bar at one certain store (other ones never taste as fresh as these and I only end up disappointed when I stray).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:08 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 6063
Trader Joe's chocolate chips, strait out of the bag. They are chips, therefore they are for snacking on, right?

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 pm
Posts: 594
Location: Illinois
Roasted chickpeas
Dark chocolate covered espresso beans
vegan jelly beans
carrots + hummus
Larabars

Snacks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Posts: 2078
Location: Ashevegas, NC
Uhh. . . almost everything already mentioned in this thread, but I'd like to add:

-gelatin-free fruit snacks (especially the Annie's gummy bunnies)
-sweet 'n' spicy banana peppers (the ones that usually go on pizza or salad or whatever. . . they're good straight out of the jar)
-mug brownies
-Clif/Luna bars
-edamame (either the dry roasted/ salted kind, or the frozen steam-in-the-microwave)
-dolmas

_________________
"Some of my best friends hate Oreos. I once let one use my bathroom." -Shy Mox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
lilyyw wrote:
Uhh. . . almost everything already mentioned in this thread, but I'd like to add:

-gelatin-free fruit snacks (especially the Annie's gummy bunnies)
-sweet 'n' spicy banana peppers (the ones that usually go on pizza or salad or whatever. . . they're good straight out of the jar)
-mug brownies
-Clif/Luna bars
-edamame (either the dry roasted/ salted kind, or the frozen steam-in-the-microwave)
-dolmas


What's your go to mug brownie recipe? I've had a few mug cake/brownie disasters...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:25 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2365
ok, if WINE is considered a snack, then that is my favorite!

I really like the Daiya wedges...especially the jalepeno havarati one. Yum. Had a bit of that with some wine last night and it was gooooood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
I've been grabbing 2 or 3 pitted dates lately and eating those when sweet cravings hit. Normally I love sweet, salty, fatty snacks, but I'm trying to get on track to eating healthier again.

My favorite things is probably tortilla chips with melted pepperjack Daiya with a side of salsa and guacamole. Mmmm. But if you guys get to consider wine a snack, I'm calling a good dark beer my official favorite.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Probably my worst snacking vice is corn chips and salsa. I can't keep them out of my mouth.

Wine/beer/cider is a snack. I say so.

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Posts: 2078
Location: Ashevegas, NC
VeganMeredith wrote:
lilyyw wrote:
Uhh. . . almost everything already mentioned in this thread, but I'd like to add:

-gelatin-free fruit snacks (especially the Annie's gummy bunnies)
-sweet 'n' spicy banana peppers (the ones that usually go on pizza or salad or whatever. . . they're good straight out of the jar)
-mug brownies
-Clif/Luna bars
-edamame (either the dry roasted/ salted kind, or the frozen steam-in-the-microwave)
-dolmas


What's your go to mug brownie recipe? I've had a few mug cake/brownie disasters...


I use 1/8 cup flour (I use Bob's Red Mill g-f flour mix and it works fine. . . any AP flour should do), 1 T each of cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, 1 T oil, and 1-2 T water (I start off adding 1 T, then add more if it seems too dry). Mix dry ingredients together with a fork, then make a well and mix in the wet ingredients. Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then let it cool off for a few minutes.

_________________
"Some of my best friends hate Oreos. I once let one use my bathroom." -Shy Mox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:40 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm
Posts: 552
Location: pdx
Earth Balance puffs, and popcorn, are ruling my life.

_________________
You know what would probably be a more effective ritual? Telling the person who you want to shut up, "You better not talk or we'll pound you." -Footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
lilyyw wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
lilyyw wrote:
Uhh. . . almost everything already mentioned in this thread, but I'd like to add:

-gelatin-free fruit snacks (especially the Annie's gummy bunnies)
-sweet 'n' spicy banana peppers (the ones that usually go on pizza or salad or whatever. . . they're good straight out of the jar)
-mug brownies
-Clif/Luna bars
-edamame (either the dry roasted/ salted kind, or the frozen steam-in-the-microwave)
-dolmas


What's your go to mug brownie recipe? I've had a few mug cake/brownie disasters...


I use 1/8 cup flour (I use Bob's Red Mill g-f flour mix and it works fine. . . any AP flour should do), 1 T each of cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, 1 T oil, and 1-2 T water (I start off adding 1 T, then add more if it seems too dry). Mix dry ingredients together with a fork, then make a well and mix in the wet ingredients. Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then let it cool off for a few minutes.


Thanks! I don't have a microwave right now, but I'm dogsitting next weekend at my friend's and she has one, I will have to make this :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 pm 
Offline
Thinks Plants Have Feelings
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:43 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Finland
I eat so much potato chips it's embarassing. Currently eating chili tortilla chips tho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 6063
Today was a very good snacking day: salted caramel corn and bbq puff stick things, broccoli dipped in black beans, and a chocolate chunk luna bar.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Las Vegas, NV
FRITOS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 6063
Salted caramel popcorn and strawberry vodka.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snack Attack - What Are YOU Snacking On?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
Today? Everything!! Leftover V'con roasted garlic croutons, hummus and veggies, So Delicious coconut ice cream, V'con wheat free chocolate chip cookies...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer