Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27310
Page 5 of 7

Author:  lilyyw [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

burn2ash wrote:
okonomiyaki! (non-vegan link)


I'm pretty sure there's an okonomiyaki recipe in Vegan Vittles (I don't have the book, but checked it out of the library a while ago, so I can't confirm), but I haven't tried to make it so can't vouch for it.

Author:  vijita [ Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

There's one in Vegan Eats World! And it's amazing.

Author:  Miss Jayme Kat [ Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Mushroom soup that has the taste and texture of that Campbell's condensed stuff my mom put in everything.

Author:  VanillaDoe [ Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

I'd like to second the suggestions for Tuna casserole, and Yorkshire puddings. Maybe even like a Fisherman's Pie or something would be good.
Also a chocolate mousse recipe, one that is light an airy, rather than just like a tofu pudding which has a similar consistency to custard.

Author:  VanillaDoe [ Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Also maybe goats cheese. I have a feeling I'm going to post a lot on this thread.

Author:  VeganinBerlin [ Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

yes, good vegan goats cheese would be awesome. the only cheese i still miss sometimes

Author:  IsaChandra [ Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Miss Jayme Kat wrote:
Mushroom soup that has the taste and texture of that Campbell's condensed stuff my mom put in everything.

I've made this! And I can't for the life of me remember where the recipe is. Hmmm.

Author:  bodhi [ Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

VanillaDoe wrote:
I'd like to second the suggestions for Tuna casserole, and Yorkshire puddings. Maybe even like a Fisherman's Pie or something would be good.
Also a chocolate mousse recipe, one that is light an airy, rather than just like a tofu pudding which has a similar consistency to custard.

I don't know if you've seen that water + chocolate mousse recipe floating around the Internet, but it seems like a lighter mousse than the standard tofu ones. (Just google chocolate water mousse.)

Author:  VanillaDoe [ Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

bodhi wrote:
I don't know if you've seen that water + chocolate mousse recipe floating around the Internet, but it seems like a lighter mousse than the standard tofu ones. (Just google chocolate water mousse.)


I thank you and I love you. I could not have asked for a more perfectly simple recipe!

Author:  rohai [ Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

IsaChandra wrote:
Miss Jayme Kat wrote:
Mushroom soup that has the taste and texture of that Campbell's condensed stuff my mom put in everything.

I've made this! And I can't for the life of me remember where the recipe is. Hmmm.

I would love this recipe, the casserole options would be endless!

Author:  Desdemona [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

IsaChandra wrote:
Miss Jayme Kat wrote:
Mushroom soup that has the taste and texture of that Campbell's condensed stuff my mom put in everything.

I've made this! And I can't for the life of me remember where the recipe is. Hmmm.
I think I've come pretty close!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com/2008 ... -soup.html

Author:  emmalv [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Perusing the chip aisle the other day I saw those cheese balls, like the Planter's kind from back in the day (don't know if they still make them?), and I instantly had a craving. Are vegan Planter's cheese balls a complete fantasy?

Author:  Tzippy [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

emmalv wrote:
Perusing the chip aisle the other day I saw those cheese balls, like the Planter's kind from back in the day (don't know if they still make them?), and I instantly had a craving. Are vegan Planter's cheese balls a complete fantasy?


Not quite the same, but have you tried the new Earth Balance vegan cheese puffs (they're more of a white cheddar thing, so not neon orange)?

Author:  kimba [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Oh, that reminds of malt balls. They sound too hard to make though.

Author:  ComradeSquirrel [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Chocolate molten cakes! That melting, warm middle... Mmmmm.

Author:  lepelaar [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

ComradeSquirrel wrote:
Chocolate molten cakes! That melting, warm middle... Mmmmm.


I could be wrong, and all my cookbooks are packed in boxes at the moment, but I vaguely recall there being a recipe for these in Chloe's Kitchen.

Author:  beethecookie [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

lepelaar wrote:
ComradeSquirrel wrote:
Chocolate molten cakes! That melting, warm middle... Mmmmm.


I could be wrong, and all my cookbooks are packed in boxes at the moment, but I vaguely recall there being a recipe for these in Chloe's Kitchen.


Indeed, there is. Haven't made it though, so I can't vouch for it.

Author:  emmalv [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Tzippy wrote:
emmalv wrote:
Perusing the chip aisle the other day I saw those cheese balls, like the Planter's kind from back in the day (don't know if they still make them?), and I instantly had a craving. Are vegan Planter's cheese balls a complete fantasy?


Not quite the same, but have you tried the new Earth Balance vegan cheese puffs (they're more of a white cheddar thing, so not neon orange)?


I have not! But I do think I've seen them at WF. I'll give them a shot - thanks for the suggestion. White cheddar seems more grownup somehow anyway...

Author:  quark [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

Chocolate pecan pie.

A nut/lentil loaf that holds together but is not mushy.

Author:  kasiakoz [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

burn2ash wrote:
okonomiyaki! (non-vegan link)

http://www.olivesfordinner.com/2011/10/ ... iyaki.html

I'd love a vegan Saltimbocca!

Author:  kittylover [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

I saw corned beef hash mentioned but I used to love Hormel roast beef hash http://www.hormel.com/products/Variety. ... Only=False A gluten free version please?

Author:  ComradeSquirrel [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

beethecookie wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

I could be wrong, and all my cookbooks are packed in boxes at the moment, but I vaguely recall there being a recipe for these in Chloe's Kitchen.


Indeed, there is. Haven't made it though, so I can't vouch for it.


Thanks! I only have Chloe's dessert book but I'm pretty sure a couple of my friends have that one too so will check it out or ask to borrow it some time!

Author:  Efcliz [ Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

kasiakoz wrote:
burn2ash wrote:
okonomiyaki! (non-vegan link)

http://www.olivesfordinner.com/2011/10/ ... iyaki.html

I'd love a vegan Saltimbocca!


There's a saltimboca in Urban Vegan. It uses store bought products for the most parts, one of the few recipes in the book to do so, but you can easily substitute home made for some or all of them. I've made it a couple of times and love it.

Author:  trix mafia [ Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)

chocolate babka!

Author:  lepelaar [ Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Recipe Request Thread (for Isa)


Page 5 of 7 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/