| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 141  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 11918
Location: Maryland/DC area
PorshaJo wrote:
I contacted Trader Joe's about JoJo's and here is the response:

"These cookies are only considered Vegetarian per our vegan customer standards. The sugar used in these items are sourced as a commodity and we cannot guarantee they have not been filtered through bone char. Since bone char is considered an animal processing agent, our vegan customers feel it does not meet the strict vegan standards."


That is interesting but how many other things considered vegan (in the world) contain sugar with unknown sources? I mean people consider oreos vegan.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 642
Location: Pennsyltucky
I agree with everyone that the mochi insides are fantastic, but I could do without the outside. But I think the inside will make me buy them again!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:41 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 2
Hi guys. This is my first post!

I went to Trader Joe's this morning and saw this beauty in the new foods section. It's a frozen vegan Bento Box called "Rice & Vegetable" and I couldn't resist buying it. I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought I'd show you!

1. Pumpkin with Shiso Seasoning
2. Spicy Long Beans
3. Eggplant with Miso Paste
4. Soba Salad with Oyster Mushroom
5. Shiitake Mushroom with Edamame and carrot
6. Baked Tofu with Teriyaki Sauce
7. Brown rice with Seaweed & Sesame Seed
8. Curry Flavored Brown Rice
9. Teriyaki flavored brown rice with vegetables

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:43 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6536
Location: Boston, MA
Arae wrote:
Hi guys. This is my first post!

I went to Trader Joe's this morning and saw this beauty in the new foods section. It's a frozen vegan Bento Box called "Rice & Vegetable" and I couldn't resist buying it. I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought I'd show you!

1. Pumpkin with Shiso Seasoning
2. Spicy Long Beans
3. Eggplant with Miso Paste
4. Soba Salad with Oyster Mushroom
5. Shiitake Mushroom with Edamame and carrot
6. Baked Tofu with Teriyaki Sauce
7. Brown rice with Seaweed & Sesame Seed
8. Curry Flavored Brown Rice
9. Teriyaki flavored brown rice with vegetables

Image


OMFG! This looks amazing! Thanks for posting the pic; I'm definitely going to look for it the next time I'm there.

ETA: Welcome, Arae! Super useful first post!

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 1676
Location: Boston
Trader Joe's beefless strips are only the best thing ever.

_________________
AstroNOMZ
Eric Does Astrophysics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:18 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:05 am
Posts: 150
Location: Harper Woods, Michigan
ndpittman wrote:
Arae wrote:
Hi guys. This is my first post!

I went to Trader Joe's this morning and saw this beauty in the new foods section. It's a frozen vegan Bento Box called "Rice & Vegetable" and I couldn't resist buying it. I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought I'd show you!

1. Pumpkin with Shiso Seasoning
2. Spicy Long Beans
3. Eggplant with Miso Paste
4. Soba Salad with Oyster Mushroom
5. Shiitake Mushroom with Edamame and carrot
6. Baked Tofu with Teriyaki Sauce
7. Brown rice with Seaweed & Sesame Seed
8. Curry Flavored Brown Rice
9. Teriyaki flavored brown rice with vegetables

Image


OMFG! This looks amazing! Thanks for posting the pic; I'm definitely going to look for it the next time I'm there.

ETA: Welcome, Arae! Super useful first post!

double OMFG! i must get one ASAP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm 
Offline
Bought a crop of bad girls
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 571
Location: PDX
Lisamh wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Arae wrote:
Hi guys. This is my first post!

I went to Trader Joe's this morning and saw this beauty in the new foods section. It's a frozen vegan Bento Box called "Rice & Vegetable" and I couldn't resist buying it. I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought I'd show you!

1. Pumpkin with Shiso Seasoning
2. Spicy Long Beans
3. Eggplant with Miso Paste
4. Soba Salad with Oyster Mushroom
5. Shiitake Mushroom with Edamame and carrot
6. Baked Tofu with Teriyaki Sauce
7. Brown rice with Seaweed & Sesame Seed
8. Curry Flavored Brown Rice
9. Teriyaki flavored brown rice with vegetables

Image


OMFG! This looks amazing! Thanks for posting the pic; I'm definitely going to look for it the next time I'm there.

ETA: Welcome, Arae! Super useful first post!

double OMFG! i must get one ASAP.

Yum! I am planning to go to TJs tomorrow and I will definitely look for this. Also will attempt to not to buy any cookies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 4721
Location: Portland, OR
I saw that bento box last night! I get creeped out by most frozen foods that aren't potato based or vegan ice cream, so I didn't buy it, but I want to hear how it is.

_________________
Instagram: @jdfunks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:03 pm
Posts: 844
The bento box looked yummy, and wasn't as many calories as I expected (only 380 for the whole thing, although it claims it has two servings). But yeesh, was it expensive! $5.99! I couldn't swing it this time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 8173
Location: bindlestiff
linanil wrote:
PorshaJo wrote:
I contacted Trader Joe's about JoJo's and here is the response:

"These cookies are only considered Vegetarian per our vegan customer standards. The sugar used in these items are sourced as a commodity and we cannot guarantee they have not been filtered through bone char. Since bone char is considered an animal processing agent, our vegan customers feel it does not meet the strict vegan standards."


That is interesting but how many other things considered vegan (in the world) contain sugar with unknown sources? I mean people consider oreos vegan.

I only source sugar when I am baking for other vegans. It does not bother me.

_________________
Panda With Cookie
If I get caught as a fugitive eating chain pizza, its going to be Pizza Hut. -linanilanil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 pm 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9636
Location: SW Desert, USA
RandiJM wrote:
So I sent my boyfriend (in London) a care package last month and included the maple cookies. Now that I'm here, he made me eat one finally. I ate half. It was great but so sweet. Also, it was exactly like the old cheap vanilla cameo cookies from like 7-11 or something when I was 8??? what the fizzle anyone know what I mean? It was like I went back in time...

Cameos, yeah! My dad and I used to eat Cameos together when I was a kid! I haven't tried the Maple cookies because I'm pretty sure I'll like them and then eat the whole box. I have no control when it comes to cookies.

The only mochi that I could find had dairy. ... not that I need mochi in my life.
The bento box looks tasty!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Posts: 147
Maple cookies are too sweet. Maybe next time I can ditch the filling, or dip the whole thing in really dark chocolate.

_________________
a.k.a. sugarbeetthree with the mat/fika avatar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:34 pm 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Portland, OR
i've heard the same complaint about the mochi things (outside is weird, if middle sold as ice cream it would be great) from my vegan-Trader-Joe's-employee friend.

do they really sell vegan rocky road bar/brittle??? (i haven't read this whole thread, sorry if this was already mentioned.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6536
Location: Boston, MA
procrastinatingcook wrote:
i've heard the same complaint about the mochi things (outside is weird, if middle sold as ice cream it would be great) from my vegan-Trader-Joe's-employee friend.

do they really sell vegan rocky road bar/brittle??? (i haven't read this whole thread, sorry if this was already mentioned.)


Yes! And it's great because it's very dark/rich, so I can only have one piece. Kills all sweets cravings. OK, sometimes I like to make a sandwich with it and a Sweet & Sara marshmellow. I'm only human.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:42 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Posts: 1804
Location: North Carolina
Ooh, that bento box looks awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 407
Location: CA
i got the bento!

i wouldn't buy it again, but that may be because i'm spoiled on good japanese food. or because it was too expensive for what it was.

but in the ways of frozen stuff, it wasn't half bad. but their other frozen vegan options, at a much cheaper price, are better anyhoo. (what's wrong with "in my humble opinion"? is it considered obnoxious online speak??)

and i agree about their so called non dairy "mochi" ice cream! the reason the outside stuff is weird is because it's made from tapioca starch (or something!) it isn't a true mochi, so it's... icky. but the ice cream is good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 am 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 39
Yum the Bento Box looks great!

My favorite TJ items are dried bing cherries, frozen wild blueberries, edamame hummus, and soy cherry chip ice cream.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:26 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 407
Location: CA
i just recently tried the guacamole hummus. it was good! i'd get it again.

and their bbq "chicken" is pretty good, too, especially to put together a quick, easy meal. it's a little bit too sweet for me, but still tasty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:49 am 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 46
Location: st louis, mo
dark chocolate covered pretzels!, mint chocolate ufos, raisin-almond chocolate bars, chocolate chip cookies, vegetable gyoza, i stock up on frozen fruit there, and sometimes avocados, i love their rice drink and hemp milk under 4 dollars? fork yeah! pizza dough, hummus, soyrizo,and that 99 cent mushroom microwave soup bowl.

oh, and, obviously, 3 buck chuck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am 
Offline
Stepford Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 8207
Location: Modesto, CA
They have a new mushroom tofu meal in the frozen section labeled vegan!

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:40 pm 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 am
Posts: 56
Location: CT
missmuffcake wrote:
They have a new mushroom tofu meal in the frozen section labeled vegan!


Oh yes, I was very excited about this and snapped it up immediately, but it was a huge disappointment. All I could taste was black pepper- That sauce drowned out everything else. It was so un-tasty, it made me angry to eat it.

Just had to vent.

_________________
Blog: http://www.bittersweetblog.com
Books : My Sweet Vegan // Vegan Desserts // Vegan a la Mode // Easy as Vegan Pie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 am 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 pm
Posts: 237
veggiepride8 wrote:
Yum the Bento Box looks great!

My favorite TJ items are dried bing cherries, frozen wild blueberries, edamame hummus, and soy cherry chip ice cream.


I soooo agree on the frozen wild blueberries!!! Growing up I was spoiled by living near woods that were loaded with wild blueberry plants, so the big, watery, tasteless berries you usually find in the market can't hold a candle to what I'm accustomed to. However, the frozen TJ's wild blueberries are just what I have always looked for in blueberries, tiny, but bursting with flavour.

As for ice cream, the cherry chocolate chip ice cream from TJ's is my favorite kind of ice cream! Soooo yummy!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 pm 
Offline
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 1676
Location: Boston
Chile spiced dried mango! I picked some up on a whim today and I can't stop eating it.

_________________
AstroNOMZ
Eric Does Astrophysics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:46 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 160
Peanut satay noodles and sauce! I think I once read the nutrition info but I forgot. On purpose.

_________________
So if you are ordering anything from Amazon can you do it by clicking on a PPK product? Alls you have to do is go here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160094 ... 1600940498


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:36 am
Posts: 631
Location: Chicago
Mmmmmm.....I never would have suspected these were vegan if I hadn't read it here. I need to stay out of this thread!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 141  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer