Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=278
Page 75 of 141

Author:  strawberryrock [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

jdfunks wrote:
Holy shiitake, those coconut chips REALLY ARE THAT GOOD.


Yeah, I just ate 12 bags and now I'm just rolling around in a pile of them.

Author:  pastabake [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Mine were in toe front of the store near the register.

Author:  julialegume [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

strawberryrock wrote:
jdfunks wrote:
Holy shiitake, those coconut chips REALLY ARE THAT GOOD.


Yeah, I just ate 12 bags and now I'm just rolling around in a pile of them.


Guess what? Nooo they're not. Choke-a-nut chips. (The only reason I wrote this is because I said it out loud and funks told me to.)

Author:  strawberryrock [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

julialegume wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
jdfunks wrote:
Holy shiitake, those coconut chips REALLY ARE THAT GOOD.


Yeah, I just ate 12 bags and now I'm just rolling around in a pile of them.


Guess what? Nooo they're not. Choke-a-nut chips. (The only reason I wrote this is because I said it out loud and funks told me to.)


Tell her I've filled my bathtub with coconut chips and am now just soaking in them.

Author:  julialegume [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

I went to tell her and couldn't find her. She was doing the same thing. What is with you two?!

Author:  Tofulish [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

I bought the coconut chips thanks to this thread and they are amazing. My kid loved them too, and spent an hour trying to get the cats to eat them. It was too cute. Plus the cats weren't interested so I didn't have to share (score!).

Author:  Zoey [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

I can't find the coconut chips at my Trader Joes. I also can't find the coconut yogurt. I might have to venture to another one this weekend.

Author:  Rhizopus Oligosporus [ Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Tofulish, what is the matter with your cats? For that matter, what is the matter with your kid for wanting to share? I mean, sharing is all nice and well, but those coconut chips should be hoarded! Will you at least be posting cute videos of her trying to feed them to the cats? Meanwhile, I will be following suite and filling my tub with coconut chips.

Author:  Larisa [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

The Trader Joe's here is finally opening next month! It's been "coming soon" for two years.

Author:  linanil [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Oh I didn't see any yogurt other than individuals this last time. Do they still have tubs of yogurt? I think it was soy.

Author:  Desdemona [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

ndpittman wrote:
pumpkin spice rooibos
What what?! GREAT - Now I have to build a trip to TJs into my errands, STAT!

Author:  jdfunks [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

They had the coconut chips in more than one place at the TJ's we went to (Hollywood, PDX). I've since gone through my bag....they remind of something coconutty and salty I ate as a kid...maybe even dried coconut in overly-salty trail mix packages? I'm trying to put my finger on it....the next time I crazily pick up a bag, I'm so eating them over ice cream.

Author:  strawberryrock [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

jdfunks wrote:
the next time I crazily pick up a bag, I'm so eating them over ice cream.


Did this already. Recommended.

Author:  ijustdiedinside [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

jdfunks wrote:
They had the coconut chips in more than one place at the TJ's we went to (Hollywood, PDX). I've since gone through my bag....they remind of something coconutty and salty I ate as a kid...maybe even dried coconut in overly-salty trail mix packages? I'm trying to put my finger on it....the next time I crazily pick up a bag, I'm so eating them over ice cream.


oooh, i am totally going to make some trail mix with them. they are sooo insano good. what the heck? could we make them ourselves by just coating coconut flakes in sugar and salt? they totally taste fried, but it says they are baked. YUUM!

Author:  Mr. Shankly [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Desdemona wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
pumpkin spice rooibos
What what?! GREAT - Now I have to build a trip to TJs into my errands, STAT!

Yeah, seriously. This will be great to make pumpkin spice lattes with. I've been making them with chai so far this year.

Author:  Mr. Shankly [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Finally located and bought the vegetable birds nests and oh man, I know what heaven tastes like.

Author:  Tzippy [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

linanil wrote:
Oh I didn't see any yogurt other than individuals this last time. Do they still have tubs of yogurt? I think it was soy.


Mine had big tubs of vanilla soy yogurt when I was there a couple of days ago.

Author:  ndpittman [ Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
pumpkin spice rooibos
What what?! GREAT - Now I have to build a trip to TJs into my errands, STAT!

Yeah, seriously. This will be great to make pumpkin spice lattes with. I've been making them with chai so far this year.


This! I got the tin for work and a carton of soy creamer, so not true latte, but still pretty tasty. Also very yummy with the soft-baked snickerdoodles.

Author:  Abelskiver [ Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Shelf stable kale chips!!! Vegan zesty nacho flavour. I am posting from my phone at TJs.

Author:  xstartxtodayx [ Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Abelskiver wrote:
Shelf stable kale chips!!! Vegan zesty nacho flavour. I am posting from my phone at TJs.


Holy crepe! I just went yesterday and didn't see these! I WANT! SO BAD!

Author:  Amy [ Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Whoa! I need to go find those. Also I love that you posted here right away; that's cute.

Author:  Rhizopus Oligosporus [ Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Abelskiver wrote:
Shelf stable kale chips!!! Vegan zesty nacho flavour. I am posting from my phone at TJs.

I was there last week and didn't see these! I'll have to go back soon now. Thank you for reporting to the ppk directly from TJ's!

Author:  DEG [ Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Thanks to this thread I bought the coconut chips, and they are so good! My sister wanted coconut cupcakes with lime frosting for her birthday, and I crushed the chips and sprinkled them on top. I then hid the bag so I could eat the rest all by myself. :)

Author:  Starryeyed [ Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

Abelskiver wrote:
Shelf stable kale chips!!! Vegan zesty nacho flavour. I am posting from my phone at TJs.


So exciting!! Hoping they will be cheaper than the $80 that Whole Foods charges for those tasty morsels.

Author:  Amelie [ Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's

I tried the truffle bar today and was honestly underwhelmed. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but it didn't taste very special either.

I also made a fantastic caramelized onion/cremini mushroom/basil/tomato/cashew ricotta pizaa with their garlic herb pizza dough. Kudos to TJs for having delicious, cheap, and vegan pizza dough. And for having 3 varieties.

Page 75 of 141 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/