| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 pm 
Hip Goiter

Who? wrote:
Man, there is a huge pyramid of Peppermint Jo-jos as soon as you walk into my TJs. Sorry you guys have already run out, that just doesn't seem right.

What! No way! Where are you? I don't like them but everyone wants them and my store said they were done everywhere. Liars!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm 
Naked Under Apron

My TJ's had no joe-joe's and no chocolate orange. I am a damned fool for waiting so long!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:41 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

RandiJM wrote:
Who? wrote:
Man, there is a huge pyramid of Peppermint Jo-jos as soon as you walk into my TJs. Sorry you guys have already run out, that just doesn't seem right.

What! No way! Where are you? I don't like them but everyone wants them and my store said they were done everywhere. Liars!

West coast, baby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I have a box of Candy Cane Joe-Joe's I'm willing to mail out if someone wants them. I've never had them, and I'm kind of scared to try them in that they'll create a new scary addiction. Plus, I've already filled my sugar quota this holiday season. PM me if you'd like them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:49 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Pineapple chips. Pineapple chips. Marbelized chocolate coated halvah.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 pm 
Chard Martyr

ndpittman wrote:
I have a box of Candy Cane Joe-Joe's I'm willing to mail out if someone wants them. I've never had them, and I'm kind of scared to try them in that they'll create a new scary addiction. Plus, I've already filled my sugar quota this holiday season. PM me if you'd like them.

Do NOT try them. I made that mistake. They're amazing and now they're sold out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought 2 things last night that I'm pretty excited about: after dinner mints and the dairy free mochi.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:12 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Oh man, I bought a bag of their onion rings (funion type puffed onions crisps)...soo addictive!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Meggs wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

Try them! Become a junky like the rest of us! (My TJ's was all out!!! I'm so sad, but I'll try the other TJ's by me.)

jdfunks wrote:
I bought 2 things last night that I'm pretty excited about: after dinner mints and the dairy free mochi.

I was really tempted by those mints, but felt like I had enough treats in my cart and just had to stop already! Are they good? Should I get some?
I got the mochi. The coconut is by far the best of the three. The chocolate and mango are good but just not on the same level as the coconut. The mochi coating is sort of weird. I've had way better mochi, and agree with whoever said it would be great if they just sold this ice cream, which is very very good, in pints without the weird mochi.

xstartxtodayx wrote:
Oh man, I bought a bag of their onion rings (funion type puffed onions crisps)...soo addictive!!

Nom nom nom nom nom. I made the mistake of oppening the bag on the drive home. The only thing that stopped my from eating the whole bag on the drive home was thinking of having them with a beer (and I don't like beer!) and dipping them in mustard when I got home.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:19 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Meggs wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

Try them! Become a junky like the rest of us! (My TJ's was all out!!! I'm so sad, but I'll try the other TJ's by me.)

Well, I didn't hear from anyone, and I'm having some Christmastime blues, so I might just have to break into them with some almond milk.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I want to know why I haven't been eating roasted seaweed snacks my whole life.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I bought a box of the mochi yesterday. The inside tastes good, but to be honest, I'm kinda weirded out by the coating.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Same here, fatcat. I think I'm going to peel off the coating on my remaining mochis and just eat the insides.

I'm a big fan of the after dinner mints. I always need something sweet after a meal and they're perfect, because they're so rich that I only need 1 or 2 to feel satisfied.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fatcat wrote:
I bought a box of the mochi yesterday. The inside tastes good, but to be honest, I'm kinda weirded out by the coating.

Me too, a little bit. The coconut is the only one I want again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

designedtobekind wrote:

Thank you! I was about to make the comment (again) that nobody likes those roasted seaweek snacks? they are so good. and they sell in trendy health food stores for like double or triple the price.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:59 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Chicki wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

Thank you! I was about to make the comment (again) that nobody likes those roasted seaweek snacks? they are so good. and they sell in trendy health food stores for like double or triple the price.

those are awesome, i just bought more last week. dont stockpile though. i had some that were essentially the same thing from the korean store forgot about them and opened them 2 years later. they turned into one of the grossest things ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am so excited to go to TJ's tomorrow.

What are these dairy-free mochi?

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:59 pm 
Human Gravy

I have to say, I had my doubts about the Tuscan White Bean Hummus, but after all the talk on this thread I had to try it-- now I don't want to stop eating it. Damn you, Trader Joe's. Damn you, PPK.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

I was mulling over cookies while at Trader Joe's just now... and then I remembered dear sweet appifanie and her "NO COOKIES" idea.

Thank you, appifanie, you saved me from cookie doom and regret.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:34 pm 
Chard Martyr

Sorry, I have to double post because of the no edit thing, but I forgot: I think that the stollen at TJ's is vegan.
I could be wrong, but it appeared to be (except that it says it "could have other tree nuts, milk, and wheat due to being processed on the same equipment") or something... I think?

But I looked at a few new things today, so I might also be confused... and I didn't purchase it because it seemed like it fell into the cookie category.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:30 am 
Saggy Butt

i got a TJ's gift card as part of my christmas presents! i'm going to have to base my shopping list on this entire thread, i think.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Dudes.

Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus.

Whoooooaaaaaaaa.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 am 
Hip Goiter

So I sent my boyfriend (in London) a care package last month and included the maple cookies. Now that I'm here, he made me eat one finally. I ate half. It was great but so sweet. Also, it was exactly like the old cheap vanilla cameo cookies from like 7-11 or something when I was 8??? what the fizzle anyone know what I mean? It was like I went back in time...

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

b.vicious wrote:
Meggs wrote:
PorshaJo wrote:
OK - I can understand that about the sugar. I didn't even think about that one. I'm guessing it is probably cheaper to purchase "non-vegan" sugar but on a label it would never be indicated.
I was thinking it was due to the processing on same like as milk there might be some contamination and that is why it was labeled as non vegan. I'm so hooked on them and I still eat them. But Trader Joe's is about 1 hour from me so I don't get them often.
Does it say something about allergens on the box? That could be a clue.
Louzilla wrote:
Someone (who is vegan) told me yesterday that regular joe joes are vegan but the candy cane ones not... but couldn't say what it was that made them not vegan. He said it doesn't say on the package, you have to contact the company. I think (hope) he was just forking with me but kinda want to get to the bottom of this? It sounds pretty sketch, not to mention every vegan I know consumes large amounts of candy cane joe joes.
So is someone going to call about this or is everyone going to live in ignorant bliss? My TJ's is sold out and I've already decided to never buy them again because I can't control myself around them, so it doesn't really matter to me, except that I might send them in care packages to PPKers. Does anyone else have a Woodman's near them? I saw some Candy Cane Sandwich Cookies there that looked like Joe Joe's and they appeared to be vegan.
Tofulish wrote:
My partner puts them on a high shelf. And then I burn calories trying to find things to climb on. True facts.

Excellent idea. Unfortunately, I'd have to put them on my own high shelves and then climb on things, and that's just too much effort for me. I need a partner in almond calorie burning.

One of the ingredients is "natural flavors." Maybe that's it?

I contacted Trader Joe's about JoJo's and here is the response:

"These cookies are only considered Vegetarian per our vegan customer standards. The sugar used in these items are sourced as a commodity and we cannot guarantee they have not been filtered through bone char. Since bone char is considered an animal processing agent, our vegan customers feel it does not meet the strict vegan standards."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:21 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

DarthCupcake wrote:
Dudes.

Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus.

Whoooooaaaaaaaa.

Yes. this is SO GOOD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 115  Next