| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 113  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:45 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Posts: 457
Location: Sacred City, California
missmuffcake wrote:
TJ's has a lil cinnamon broom air scent thing that is cute and really makes the room smell nice. I bought one over the weekend.


Those give me the WORST headache, but I think it's because they are all up front at my TJs, so it's more intense and the first thing I smell when I walk in. I love how they smell but I don't want to bring one home because I don't want to regret it :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 5881
Location: Modesto, CA
One just kinda scents our small bathroom. I think a bunch together would be too much.

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 pm 
Nailed to the V
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:25 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Philadelphia
I spotted these new frozen stuffed turkey roasts that come with a packet of gravy next to the chkn tenders and mandarin chkn in the Shrewsbury NJ Trader Joe's today. It's totally Gardein, although I haven't tried it yet to confirm. Exciting option nonetheless!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 pm 
Saggy Butt
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 281
Location: Neva-duh
Oh, YUM! I've been debating buying myself a "turkey" this year, and the main issue was with price. Yay for generics!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7999
Location: Maryland/DC area
xstartxtodayx wrote:
I spotted these new frozen stuffed turkey roasts that come with a packet of gravy next to the chkn tenders and mandarin chkn in the Shrewsbury NJ Trader Joe's today. It's totally Gardein, although I haven't tried it yet to confirm. Exciting option nonetheless!


If they are the same from last year, they aren't the same as the gardein frozen roasts. I'm a hater of the TJs un-turkey roasts.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 pm 
Nailed to the V
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:25 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Philadelphia
It's not the Thanksgiving-style turkey roast, but the little mini stuffed roasts:

Image

But, you know, Trader Joes brand!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:00 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2791
Location: Boston, MA
^^ wow, awesome!

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:11 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7999
Location: Maryland/DC area
Oh I saw those in Target. I'm still wary of TJs gardein like products since the roast was so different.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:59 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6149
Location: Boston, MA
Oh man!! I love those. I am definitely making a special trip.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 5881
Location: Modesto, CA
tj's vegan hummus selection keeps dwindling....

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 pm 
Semen Strong
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18627
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Why do you say that? I got three yummy kinds for my baby's 2nd birthday this weekend. There seemed like there was a lot. I mean its silly that there is any non-vegan hummus, but there ya go.

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:35 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 5881
Location: Modesto, CA
only one is listed as vegan on the print out list, now it has been reformulated (white bean now white bean & basil) and it has dairy. the one still marked as vegan is the edamame hummus...a lot more used to have the V symbol.

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9388
Location: Vancouver Island
There's a TJs near my hotel! What do I need? Besides sea salt dark chocolate almonds, duh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1339
Location: Panama City, FL
vijita wrote:
There's a TJs near my hotel! What do I need? Besides sea salt dark chocolate almonds, duh.


Maple Leaf cookies!

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:16 am 
Hearts James Cromwell
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 49
vijita wrote:
There's a TJs near my hotel! What do I need? Besides sea salt dark chocolate almonds, duh.

Not food, but the pumpkin body butter is awesome!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9388
Location: Vancouver Island
zelavie wrote:
vijita wrote:
There's a TJs near my hotel! What do I need? Besides sea salt dark chocolate almonds, duh.


Maple Leaf cookies!

Heehee, that is the one thing I can totally get in Canada. But I will be sure to buy heaps of unnecessary/necessary vegan convenience foods.

There's also an Ethiopian market right by my hotel! I will be filling my backpack with all the spices.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Oooh, I am excited about those turkeys! I will totally give one a try, because TJ's is never expensive enough for it to be a loss.

I've only noticed one or two hummuses with dairy in them? I thought most were vegan.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:14 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2791
Location: Boston, MA
I picked up a a package of the frozen Turk'y-s. It was $4.99, not bad at all. My plan is to save it for Thanksgiving but maybe I'll give in and try em before then. I never tried the Gardein version, so pretty curious.

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:13 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 5881
Location: Modesto, CA
How does one contact TJs. i wanna ask if the packs of hand creams are vegan for gifting...

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:16 pm 
Hip Goiter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8100
Location: Philly/London
I tried the stuffed turkey roasts this week, to test whether they are worth bringing to Thanksgiving as my dinner. They are!

_________________
https://twitter.com/randibop

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:33 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1762
missmuffcake wrote:
How does one contact TJs. i wanna ask if the packs of hand creams are vegan for gifting...

I've used the 'contact us' form on their website and heard back within a day.

Does anyone know what the Autumn Harvest tea is a copy of? I really like it, and would like to drink it all winter long, but since it's only a seasonal thing at TJ's and I'm not sure when I'll get back to stock up, I'd like to have another option.

Also, cheap alcohol-free vanilla. Almost double the size of the bottle I picked up out of necessity at WF, but for half the price. Score!

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:44 am 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7999
Location: Maryland/DC area
Quarantined wrote:
I picked up a a package of the frozen Turk'y-s. It was $4.99, not bad at all. My plan is to save it for Thanksgiving but maybe I'll give in and try em before then. I never tried the Gardein version, so pretty curious.


$4.99? That is the price I saw the Gardein ones in Target. Doesn't seem like it is a cost savings. Not that I've tried the Gardein ones yet.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 1661
Location: MA
The Gardein ones were like $8 or $9 at Whole Foods last year, which surprised me because they've had other stuffed... stuff that wasn't any more expensive. My Target doesn't have that kind of thing, but I did just see them at my local Stop & Shop, without a price tag label yet.


I just heard about that Harvest Tea and am tempted, but I'm pretty sure the pumpkin roobois will sit, one tea bag emptier, in my cupboard for all of eternity. That's what I do with tea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:00 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Amy wrote:
I just heard about that Harvest Tea and am tempted, but I'm pretty sure the pumpkin roobois will sit, one tea bag emptier, in my cupboard for all of eternity. That's what I do with tea.


Truth. I always MEAN to drink more tea, because it's delicious and good for you! But for some inexplicable reason, it just never happens. I have such a vast array of teas, just sitting.

The exception is an AMAZING ginger tea that was sent to me during a PPK holiday swap two years ago. I went through that stuff like lightning. I couldn't drink enough of it. I think I have one tea bag left because I'm trying to save it. Because that makes sense.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:37 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7999
Location: Maryland/DC area
Amy wrote:
The Gardein ones were like $8 or $9 at Whole Foods last year, which surprised me because they've had other stuffed... stuff that wasn't any more expensive. My Target doesn't have that kind of thing, but I did just see them at my local Stop & Shop, without a price tag label yet.


I went to a regular grocery store today and those stuffed turkey cutlets were $4.99. I bought some to try

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 2809 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 113  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer