| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Has anybody else seen the black truffle oil? It's 4.99 for a decent sized container. My diet is about to get wayy fattier, as i will be putting that shitake on everything.
I am excited to hear that the holiday stuff is out! I cannot get enough of the lemur tea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:24 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

I noticed when reading the Thanksgiving edition of the Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer that one of the featured items is a wild rice pilaf with butternut squash & mushrooms. And it's vegan! I didn't see it in my store, but I wasn't looking for it. I believe it's in the refrigerated section. I'm going to check it out on my next visit. I did pick up a box of candy cane joe-joes, a package of the frozen breaded turkey-less roasts with cranberry stuffing & gravy, the vanilla cinnamon black tea, and the candy cane green tea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I haven't seen the turky's at my TJ's--they had the big roast like they had last year which was over by the tofu and whatnot. Where are the little maybe-Gardein guys? Are they with the chick'n strips and so on?

They discontinued the silken tofu, which makes me sad.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

DarthCupcake wrote:
I haven't seen the turky's at my TJ's--they had the big roast like they had last year which was over by the tofu and whatnot. Where are the little maybe-Gardein guys? Are they with the chick'n strips and so on?

They discontinued the silken tofu, which makes me sad.

No more silken tofu? Are you kidding me? Good thing I stocked up the other day when I was there.

Yep, I found the Gardein-y roasts in the freezer with the veggie burgers and chick'n strips.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wait, are we talking about the refrigerated soft tofu that is not labeled with a texture and you just have to buy it to know it is soft/silken, or are we talking about the shelf stable stuff in the aseptic packages?! I don't want either one to be discontinued!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

still waiting to hear back about the hand cream gift sets being vegan....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:04 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Wait, are we talking about the refrigerated soft tofu that is not labeled with a texture and you just have to buy it to know it is soft/silken, or are we talking about the shelf stable stuff in the aseptic packages?! I don't want either one to be discontinued!!!

The shelf stable stuff. I went to buy some on Saturday to make quiche and couldn't find it, so I asked for help. The nice guy went to double-check that there definitely wasn't any, and he came back and told me it was discontinued.

SO MUCH HEARTBREAK.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:41 pm 
Nailed to the V

I found the silken tofu in the section above the frozen foods. It was weird. Totally out of place but I needed it for a recipe and glad I found it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:54 pm 
Saggy Butt

missmuffcake wrote:
still waiting to hear back about the hand cream gift sets being vegan....

Tzippy wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:
How does one contact TJs. i wanna ask if the packs of hand creams are vegan for gifting...

If we're thinking of the same handcreams (pack of 3 in foil tubes), I looked at them today and they contain honey.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

The little turkey-less roasts were by the ice cream at my TJ's! They're insanely delicious out of the oven.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:59 pm 
Semen Strong

I feel grumpy about losing the aseptic tofu - it made really great mayo and sourcream. I also haven't been able to find soyrizo, and think someone mentioned that it may have been discontinued?

Has anyone had the premade rice noodles turn out well? Is there a trick I am missing? The package directions say that you need to put them into boiling water for 1.5 to 2 minutes, and they were still a hard block at that point. I ended up having to soak them for a really long time to get them to separate and be noodley.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:44 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

xanthia wrote:
I found the silken tofu in the section above the frozen foods. It was weird. Totally out of place but I needed it for a recipe and glad I found it.

Ditto! I remember thinking that it was a random place to find them, but I needed them so it was okay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:01 pm 

DarthCupcake wrote:

The shelf stable stuff. I went to buy some on Saturday to make quiche and couldn't find it, so I asked for help. The nice guy went to double-check that there definitely wasn't any, and he came back and told me it was discontinued.

SO MUCH HEARTBREAK.

NOoooo! How can they do this to us? It tastes better and is half the price of other shelf stable tofu! Plus, it's nice to be able to grab some while I'm at TJ's. It's a sort of newish product too. I'll have to buy it all up if I can find any.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:06 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

DarthCupcake wrote:

SO MUCH HEARTBREAK.

NOOOO! That's so sad and disappointing. I try to keep 2 or 3 of these in my pantry & just used my last one this weekend. Hopefully there are still some more on the shelf so I can hoard. wahh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Forking TJ's discontinues everything good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:49 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

erynne936 wrote:
I am late on this but just returned from Trader Joe's and was able to restrain myself by only buying one treat - coconut cashews - omg these are amazing! "Like crack," I told my husband, who wanted to know when I've tried crack.

I am totally stealing this and using it the next time they describe a food or beverage to be crack-like. It won't be a long wait.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:33 am 

I tried the stuffed turk'y cutlets things, and I love them! Also I agree about the coconut cashews. When I got to the end of the bag, I was wild-eyed trying to scoop out tiny pieces and coconut into my mouth. Not a pretty sight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:17 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Did y'all see in the fearless flyer this week they have a new vegan wild rice stuffing? Actually says 'vegan' in the description

It's the thanksgiving issue...no mention of the vegan roasts or anything though.

Wanna try that stuffing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 pm 
Naked Under Apron

beethecookie wrote:
I went to TJs today and found an exciting new product! It's this Thai Dry Chili Paste, perfect for using as a base to make curries, or to stir into soups, etc. It a mushroom-based paste, but it's also got tamarind paste, lemon grass, kaffir lime, and more. I haven't opened the jar or anything yet, but the cashier said it was really good, so we'll see.

I bought a jar too! I also haven't opened it yet, but I am supper excited to use it.

Have either of you used this yet? I bought a jar, because Thai, but I have no idea what to do with it and don't want to open it until I have a plan.

I liked the little stuffed turk'y things too!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:08 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I need recipe ideas for that dry chili paste, too! I made one pretty subpar curry with it a couple weeks ago - I was exhausted and just sort of winged it and unfortunately it didn't really come together. I googled around a little to see if I could find any tasty sounding recipes using it (or something similar) and didn't see anything. I like the flavor of it and don't want to waste the rest of the jar.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It sounds like the type of chili paste that a lot of traditional Thai recipe would call for a spoonful of in soups, like a Tom Kah or Tom Yam. I'm guessing it's concentrated, so a small spoonful would make sense to fry in oil at the beginning of a curry dish, right before you'd add the actual curry paste.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:42 pm 

I did use the Thai chili paste a while ago, but I can't remember exactly how. I think it was good, but I guess not good enough to be memorable or make me go stock up on more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

a huge THANK YOU to all of you who said the sunflower seed butter is amazing. i finally bought it, and zomg delicious! i tried it today on TJs crispy wheat crackers. LOVE.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:40 am 
Crazy bat lady

Amy wrote:
beethecookie wrote:
I went to TJs today and found an exciting new product! It's this Thai Dry Chili Paste, perfect for using as a base to make curries, or to stir into soups, etc. It a mushroom-based paste, but it's also got tamarind paste, lemon grass, kaffir lime, and more. I haven't opened the jar or anything yet, but the cashier said it was really good, so we'll see.

I bought a jar too! I also haven't opened it yet, but I am supper excited to use it.

Have either of you used this yet? I bought a jar, because Thai, but I have no idea what to do with it and don't want to open it until I have a plan.

I liked the little stuffed turk'y things too!

I'm using it in everything Thai from Isa Does It.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:56 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Meatless Turkey-Style roasts in my freezer, ready for Thanksgiving! They look SO good for faux turkey. Not all gelatinous like Tofurky roasts. I'm not sure if I'll sample a roast now, or hold out on one for Christmas. Hmmm. Such yummy decisions.

At my store, they replaced the meatless meatballs, which is a huge bummer. I hope it's only for the holiday season, because I freaking love those!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 121  Next