| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 116  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:18 pm 
WRETCHED

Oh I bought the gardein version of those at Target, those stuffed roasts aren't bad. I'm not sure I'd buy them again either because I didn't care for the breading.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:17 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Sadly, I do not like the TJ's sriracha nearly as much as the "regular" stuff.
I am also quite disappointed in the boxed miso ginger broth. It has that funny taste that most boxed soups and broths have, so I don't know why I was expecting more. But I could make a better miso broth in five minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I had the mini Breaded Stuffed Turkey-less roasts for Thanksgiving and thought they were great. Really super tasty.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Quarantined wrote:
I had the mini Breaded Stuffed Turkey-less roasts for Thanksgiving and thought they were great. Really super tasty.

I bought another bag of these because I had leftover gravy. (Obviously I couldn't waste that gravy, so I had to buy and cook more things to put it on. Makes sense.) Anyway I almost bought the roast but it just didn't seem as appealing. I guess I like my fake meats either in small pieces, breaded, puff pastry-d, or otherwise disguised.

Do they still sell those spinach flatbread pizzas? Where in the store are they, if they do? I keep looking, to no avail.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:58 pm 
Semen Strong

The Trader Joe's Sugar Cookie Mix is vegan except for the frosting, which is easy to replace. I used chia seeds and water instead of egg and Earth Balance and the cookies were perfect! The colored sugar is dyed with vegetable coloring. YUM!

Sure you can make the cookies from scratch and buy colored sugars, but sometimes its nice to just toss your toddler a box and go.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:04 am 
Saggy Butt

Holy crepe, that canned coconut cream is the BEST. I put it in the fridge to make it even thicker and then whipped it up with a dash of cinnamon and sugar and put it on top of my pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. It's insane how much it tastes like dairy cream. And now I'm putting it in my coffee (not pretty, but tasty), on my pancakes, and wherever else I can justify it. Sure, it's got some additives which makes it not as pure as regular coconut milk, but it's a nice holiday treat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:14 am 
Flounceiad 2011

RavenMcCoy wrote:
Holy crepe, that canned coconut cream is the BEST. I put it in the fridge to make it even thicker and then whipped it up with a dash of cinnamon and sugar and put it on top of my pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. It's insane how much it tastes like dairy cream. And now I'm putting it in my coffee (not pretty, but tasty), on my pancakes, and wherever else I can justify it. Sure, it's got some additives which makes it not as pure as regular coconut milk, but it's a nice holiday treat.
I want to make trifle for Christmas, and that sounds like exactly what we need for the whipped cream. Thanks for the tip!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:44 pm 
Saggy Butt

RavenMcCoy wrote:

YES! I have a can right now in my fridge ready to use on the chocolate cake from ISI this weekend. I've made this before adding just a bit of powdered sugar for sweetner. I have also put leftovers (Ha, can you believe we had any) in the freezer for a few days, thawed in the fridge and it was just as tasty.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:58 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I feel like there was something wrong with my can when I bought it. It tasted off, not coconut-y "off", but like it was secretly durian cream (YUM?). My mom commented that it smelled "like armpit." This was just a bad can, right? There's still hope. . . . right? :/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I used a can to make a pumpkin flan for thanksgiving. It did not smell or taste like armpits or durian to me. Everyone seemed to think the flan was delicious. So I think you probably got a bad can.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:16 pm 

Thank goodness! I'll have to buy another for Christmas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Maybe buy a back up can of some other brand just in case you have a super sensitivity to some taste in the TJ's stuff that my inferior taste buds are not discerning. It would be a shame to have Christmas ruined by funky coconut.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:23 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

RavenMcCoy wrote:

I'm gonna try to make this one!

Helen Keller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:45 pm 

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Maybe buy a back up can of some other brand just in case you have a super sensitivity to some taste in the TJ's stuff that my inferior taste buds are not discerning. It would be a shame to have Christmas ruined by funky coconut.

The funny thing is, I had a can of coconut milk that I bought before discovering the pure cream at TJ's. I just didn't bring it along! Silly. I might have to make whipped-cream-topped cocoa tonight. FOR SCIENCE.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am 
Hip Goiter

Tofulish wrote:

Please send your little sous chef to my home asap.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:16 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I have been going through those dried bing cherries like CRAZY. Time for another 3 bags.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

the chocolate smacking orange (i never remember what it's really called) is back in stock for the holidays!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I'm going to call it The Chocolate Smacking Orange from now on! It is already one of my favorites; now it has a great nick name!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yippee!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 am 
Naked Under Apron

Ooh, I need a chocolate smacking orange! I love those.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 am 

I just discovered the little mini sourdough loaves for bread bowls, etc. Only a buck and DELICIOUS! I devoured it with three layer hummus. I also tried the new chicken-less salad. I wasn't a fan. . . My boyfriend happily ate it for me. He thought it tasted crab-salad-like, which is probably what turned me off.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but I was giggling at the placement of the non-mini non-breaded turkey-less roasts in my store. next to the real turkey. That's where all veg*ns think to look for their food - in the meat!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 am 
Chard Martyr

bluedawg wrote:
the chocolate smacking orange (i never remember what it's really called) is back in stock for the holidays!
vegan chocolate orange? I haven't had one in so long!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

oddspongeout wrote:
I also tried the new chicken-less salad. I wasn't a fan. . . My boyfriend happily ate it for me. He thought it tasted crab-salad-like, which is probably what turned me off.

That sounds tasty! I really liked crab salad as an omni. What is it made out of. . . is it shredded Gardein chicken-less strips?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

lilyyw wrote:
oddspongeout wrote:
I also tried the new chicken-less salad. I wasn't a fan. . . My boyfriend happily ate it for me. He thought it tasted crab-salad-like, which is probably what turned me off.

That sounds tasty! I really liked crab salad as an omni. What is it made out of. . . is it shredded Gardein chicken-less strips?

My coworker brought it to our holiday party last night! She's not vegan but she got it for me (such a sweetheart!). I thought it was super delicious! I think it is maybe chunks of the TJs chikenless strips (the ones in the refrigerated section)? It didn't taste crab salady to me, but maybe that is because I have never had crab salad.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:02 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

katiejayne wrote:
lilyyw wrote:
oddspongeout wrote:

My coworker brought it to our holiday party last night! She's not vegan but she got it for me (such a sweetheart!). I thought it was super delicious! I think it is maybe chunks of the TJs chikenless strips (the ones in the refrigerated section)? It didn't taste crab salady to me, but maybe that is because I have never had crab salad.
Oooooh! I This sounds like something I would like!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 116  Next