Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Mint choc chip ice cream
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28103
Page 1 of 1

Author:  8ball [ Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Mint choc chip ice cream

I just made some and it took me back to being a small child getting an ice cream from the sweet shop.

2 cans coconut milk (chilled for a few hours or overnight)
Half cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 After Eight mints
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
Optional dab of green food colouring

Blend the coconut milk, vanilla and sugar (and food colouring if you're using it) until smooth. Add the xanthan gum and blend on high speed for a minute, until slightly frothy. With the blender running add the After Eights and blend until incorporated. Freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Eat and imagine you're on a beach in 1986.

Author:  Rhizopus Oligosporus [ Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

Mmmmm. Mind chocolate chip is one of my favorite flavors. So cooling and refreshing on a hot summer day! Did you make up this recipe?

Author:  VeganMeredith [ Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

After Eights are vegan?!

Author:  bodhi [ Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

VeganMeredith wrote:
After Eights are vegan?!

Last I checked, not in Canada. : (

Author:  VeganMeredith [ Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

bodhi wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
After Eights are vegan?!

Last I checked, not in Canada. : (


Boo :( I love chocolate-mint things. I just had the Alter Eco crispy mint chocolate bar for the first time yesterday, I may have eaten the whole thing...

Author:  Max&Moritz [ Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

I believe President's Choice carries an After Eight version that is vegan. Unless they discontinued them...

Author:  8ball [ Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Mmmmm. Mind chocolate chip is one of my favorite flavors. So cooling and refreshing on a hot summer day! Did you make up this recipe?


Yeah, it's cobbled together from what we had in the house.

Author:  smoothie [ Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

I am totally going to try mixing chocolate mints into vanilla icecream when I get the chance!

Author:  VeganMeredith [ Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

Max&Moritz wrote:
I believe President's Choice carries an After Eight version that is vegan. Unless they discontinued them...


Hmmm, I've never seen them at Superstore, but I will check next time I'm there!

Author:  bodhi [ Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mint choc chip ice cream

VeganMeredith wrote:
Max&Moritz wrote:
I believe President's Choice carries an After Eight version that is vegan. Unless they discontinued them...


Hmmm, I've never seen them at Superstore, but I will check next time I'm there!

Oooh, I've never looked for them before. I'll be checking as well.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/