| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:00 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Update! The lime Kite Hill yoghurt is not limey enough. Strawberry is still my fave!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:40 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I'm still sad about the lack of yogurts with protein in them. Coconut yogurt is DELICIOUS, but it doesn't address my need for a nice protein-ful breakfast or snack. Same with almond milk--I absolutely LOVE both Amande and Kite Hill, but they're pretty low on the protein.

So yesterday when I was at the store, I found a HEMP yogurt, which advertised 8g of protein per cup! Fantastic. So I grabbed one to try and I am eating it with my morning coffee now.

Friends, I am sad and want soy yogurt back. :( This hemp yogurt is yucky yuck. It's grainy and bitter and weird. I am going to finish it because even on sale it was $3.75 (I often splurge just to try a new thing, just to know, even if I'd never spend that much regularly), so I am finishing it. But what a tragic mistake.

Learn from my mistake. Eat two almond milk yogurts instead. *tiny violin*

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I actually quite like Silk. I just wish the mythical big tubs seemed to exist near me. Vanilla happens to be my favorite one, so I would LOVE a shitton of it at a better price.

Also, when I was verifying they exist, I saw that the "plain" variety is still sweetened (second ingredient sugar!). Sooo. . does that mean unsweetened soy yogurt doesn't exist at ALL in the US? (I'm not counting Nancy's)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:48 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

LFL wrote:
But I wish the plain Kite Hill was less sweet. Sometimes I need unsweetened yogurt to use in savory recipes and I haven't found a yogurt yet that fits that bill.

Oh yeah, I don't use plain in savory recipes, I eat it with Bee Free honey and pretend I'm 19 eating Fage again. The unsweetened coconut yogurt by So Delicious is the only one I've found that works for cooking. I don't like it enough to eat it on it's own, but in naan, it's great.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

femmefocale wrote:
LFL wrote:
But I wish the plain Kite Hill was less sweet. Sometimes I need unsweetened yogurt to use in savory recipes and I haven't found a yogurt yet that fits that bill.

Oh yeah, I don't use plain in savory recipes, I eat it with Bee Free honey and pretend I'm 19 eating Fage again. The unsweetened coconut yogurt by So Delicious is the only one I've found that works for cooking. I don't like it enough to eat it on it's own, but in naan, it's great.

I can see how it would work in naan, but what I really want is a plain vegan yogurt I can dollop over savory recipes, as some vegetarian cookbooks like to suggest. Maybe Forager Project plain yogurt will work for that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:07 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I bought the last tub of FP unsweetened from my local WF and they haven't restocked yet and I'm DYYYIIINNG. This is some of the best yogurt I've ever had. It's got the most delicious flavor, and absolutely no sugar. Others have mentioned it's not extremely tart, which I agree with. It's so damn delicious, though, I've been eating it by itself with nothing else in it.

I'm not a huge fan of the flavors (I still prefer kite hill peach to any other flavors), but man oh man their plain yogurt IS IT. All you guys who need a truly unsweetened yogurt for cooking and savory stuff, this is the one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:48 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I bought the last tub of FP unsweetened from my local WF and they haven't restocked yet and I'm DYYYIIINNG. This is some of the best yogurt I've ever had. It's got the most delicious flavor, and absolutely no sugar. Others have mentioned it's not extremely tart, which I agree with. It's so damn delicious, though, I've been eating it by itself with nothing else in it.

I'm not a huge fan of the flavors (I still prefer kite hill peach to any other flavors), but man oh man their plain yogurt IS IT. All you guys who need a truly unsweetened yogurt for cooking and savory stuff, this is the one.

HALLELUJAH, I can't wait to try it. Thanks for reporting back!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:08 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I tried foragers blueberry, but it didn't taste tangy enough for me. Now I really want to try the plain.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:31 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Why can't Whole Soy come back?! Why hasn't anyone tried to revamp their product?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

Thank you! I tried the FP unsweetened plain in my refrigerator after reading this post. You're absolutely right! A little on the runny side but in terms of flavor, it's the only plain yogurt I've ever tried that I'd happily dollop over savory recipes! Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:54 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I officially ended my tub this morning with some cantaloupe. So divine. I am going to try WF again tonight and see if they've re-stocked. I was full-on prepared to buy two tubs of this before I was even done with the first. I had every intention of going HAM on one of them with a spoon in front of a true crime marathon. It is a tad runny but the leftover bits on the side of the tub get kinda firm over time and I love scraping them off yummmm ok that's kind of gross but it's so good I don't care!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I officially ended my tub this morning with some cantaloupe. So divine. I am going to try WF again tonight and see if they've re-stocked. I was full-on prepared to buy two tubs of this before I was even done with the first. I had every intention of going HAM on one of them with a spoon in front of a true crime marathon. It is a tad runny but the leftover bits on the side of the tub get kinda firm over time and I love scraping them off yummmm ok that's kind of gross but it's so good I don't care!

I still have mine. It is so, so good but I wish the consistency were thicker.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:20 am 
Tofu Pup

While on vacation I found o'soy from stonyfield at the venice beach whole foods. I wish they still sold it near us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:36 pm 
WRETCHED

I've yet to see the forager's yogurt, I check every time I'm at WF.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:31 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I tried Forager's lemon yogurt and it was okay! Not lemon-y enough, a little too thin, but definitely edible (which is more than I can say about most yogurts, haha). I definitely prefer Kite Hill's lime, yummm. I am still on the lookout for the large container of Forager's plain!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

femmefocale wrote:
I am still on the lookout for the large container of Forager's plain!

I found it at Whole Foods Playa Vista I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:37 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

LFL wrote:
femmefocale wrote:

Ooo thanks for the hot tip! I know they have it at WF 3rd St/Fairfax, but it was all sold out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:36 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I saw tubs of Kite Hill plain unsweetened almond yogurt and vanilla almond milk yogurt at Whole Foods.

I tried the Forager lemon and vanilla. The lemon was pretty good but the vanilla didn't taste like vanilla to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:58 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Found Daiya at my local store. Bought cherry and strawberry, they were out of blueberry already. Tried cherry so far, wasn't super jazzed. Verdict is still out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

What's going to happen when I finally get around to making yogurt and all these awesome hints aren't here??? How wil I trouble shoot??? Ahhh!!! I better start making yogurt, stat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

femmefocale wrote:
LFL wrote:
femmefocale wrote:

Ooo thanks for the hot tip! I know they have it at WF 3rd St/Fairfax, but it was all sold out.

I went back to WF Playa Vista today and all the Forager Project yogurt is gone. Even the shelves are no longer labeled for it. Did Whole Foods discontinue it already?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:20 am 
WRETCHED

I finally found Forager yogurt (Gaithersburg). I haven't tried it yet though so we'll see. I just made a fresh batch of homemade yesterday so not sure when I'll open it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:30 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

i finally tried forager yesterday (strawberry). i liked the flavor well enough, and it wasn't chalky or grainy at all. my only complaint is that it's pretty runny; i prefer a little more heft to my yogurt (ha ha).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I still haunt Whole Foods seeking Forager Project plain yogurt in vain. My Whole Foods got rid of it. :/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Found it! In Whole Foods El Segundo. In a shelf near the bottom of the vegan yogurt section. And guess what else I found? Kite Hill now makes a Plain Unsweetened in a 16 oz. size. It has 0 grams of sugar but I haven't tried it yet. Should be interesting to compare to Forager Project. I bought both so I could try them both side by side, but I plan to wait until I'm near the bottom of the Kite Hill container to do this, so it could take me a while to get to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next