Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28197
Page 47 of 47

Author:  LFL [ Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

The Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened is really good! The texture is thicker than Forager Project and the flavor is more tart. I think it would work really well in savory recipes.

Author:  gingerlime [ Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

LFL wrote:
The Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened is really good! The texture is thicker than Forager Project and the flavor is more tart. I think it would work really well in savory recipes.


I finally decided to try the Forager Project Plain Unsweetened, and Whole Foods was sold out. Now I wish I had picked up the Kite Hill.

Author:  LFL [ Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

gingerlime wrote:
LFL wrote:
The Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened is really good! The texture is thicker than Forager Project and the flavor is more tart. I think it would work really well in savory recipes.


I finally decided to try the Forager Project Plain Unsweetened, and Whole Foods was sold out. Now I wish I had picked up the Kite Hill.


They are both good! Forager Project is more affordable, $5.99 for 24 oz., whereas Kite Hill is $5.79 for a 16 oz. container. Per ounce, FP is a better deal, but you have to consume the whole container in 7-10 days. I think I might prefer the Kite Hill to eat on its own but I haven't tried dolloping it on food yet.

Author:  femmefocale [ Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

LFL wrote:
Found it! In Whole Foods El Segundo. In a shelf near the bottom of the vegan yogurt section. And guess what else I found? Kite Hill now makes a Plain Unsweetened in a 16 oz. size. It has 0 grams of sugar but I haven't tried it yet. Should be interesting to compare to Forager Project. I bought both so I could try them both side by side, but I plan to wait until I'm near the bottom of the Kite Hill container to do this, so it could take me a while to get to it.


OMG NO WAY!!! You've blown my mind, I've gotta find this! Oh Kite Hill, bless your heart.

Author:  LFL [ Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

I finally did the side-by-side comparison today. I like the Kite Hill Unsweetened best, but FP rocks too. It's an embarrassment of riches to have both options.

BTW the Forager Project has to be consumed within 5 days according to the package directions. I'm not sure why I said 7-10 earlier. The Kite Hill doesn't specify how long the container can be open before the yogurt goes bad.

Author:  LFL [ Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

femmefocale wrote:
LFL wrote:
Found it! In Whole Foods El Segundo. In a shelf near the bottom of the vegan yogurt section. And guess what else I found? Kite Hill now makes a Plain Unsweetened in a 16 oz. size. It has 0 grams of sugar but I haven't tried it yet. Should be interesting to compare to Forager Project. I bought both so I could try them both side by side, but I plan to wait until I'm near the bottom of the Kite Hill container to do this, so it could take me a while to get to it.


OMG NO WAY!!! You've blown my mind, I've gotta find this! Oh Kite Hill, bless your heart.


YES WAY!!! It is indeed an exciting development. I need to join Reddit so PPKers over there can hear about it.

Femme Focale, where can I find you after the PPK shuts down?

Author:  linanil [ Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

WF had Forager for $4.99 today, I bought 2. I did not see a kite hill unsweetened plain though.

Author:  Pinko [ Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

I just feel it's worth noting that the new packaging for the (seemingly identical) Silk yogurt says "vegan" right on the front. The complex journey has apparently been simplified.

Also hi.

Author:  ijustdiedinside [ Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

That's great news, but Dammit, I am soooo curious! they will never tell us! Maybe I'll message then again and ask what changed.

Author:  LFL [ Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

Hi!

Author:  FootFace [ Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Freak Out About The Soy Yogurt Shortage Here!

Wait wait wait... Silk yogurt is officially vegan again?!

Why did no one send me a telegram and/or telex?

Page 47 of 47 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/