| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Amy's Products
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Quarantined wrote:
The vegan (non-dairy) pot pie! I love it. I wish someone would come up with a copycat recipe.

Yes. It reminds me of the frozen pot pies of my youth.

I find the Amy's burgers to be some of the most acceptable pre-made vegan burgers.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm another pot pie fan. Nothing else even comes close for me. Such a comfort food.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:01 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm realizing now that I've only eaten maybe three Amy's products ever. The pizza is the only one I'd buy again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 am 
Saggy Butt

My faves are the roasted veg. pizza, Thai coconut soup, shepherd's pie, Vegetable Korma, and the new frozen red curry thingy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My favourite work snack is the Shepherd's pie but really I only like the mashed potatoes on top and doused in Franks and tamari so really I'm just eating microwaved condiments but it's a treat because we don't have a microwave at home and I would never wait 45 minutes for one of those things.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 am 
Level 7 Vegan

The breakfast burrito, for sure. I was in denial for a long time when my Wegmans stopped carrying them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm gonna have to try the mac n cheese again, I guess. The one time I ate it, I thought it was unbearably slimy. But maybe I was having an off day, considering how many of you love it!

Really craving that Thai coconut soup with added noodles now, so thanks to whoever suggested that!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

I love the burgers, mac and cheese and pad thai. After reading this thread, I noticed my Target started carrying the breakfast burritos. Just had one for lunch, it was so good. Super Target is having a good sale on Amy's now. I paid $5 for the roasted veggie pizza, $3 for Daiya mac and cheese, $2.65 for the breakfast burritos and $2.36 for a tofu scramble pocket burrito. Now I realize I should have bought a lot more at those prices.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:55 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

ooh. I'll have to look at Target for the breakfast burritos... I keep forgetting that Target has food now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:57 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Love, love, love the new Gluten-Free Tofu Scramble burrito. It's seriously the best thing I've ever eaten for breakfast. I'm not even GF, but I love the crispiness of the tortilla, even in the microwave. Hot sauce on it makes it killer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Mac & Cheese FOREVA <3<3<3. I still am amazed that stuff is vegan. I (try to) keep a few in my freezer to feed to drunk omni's and they're always amazed.

I also like the Baked Ziti, Pot Pie, burritos, and soups, but I rarely buy them. For the $4 the meals cost, I'd rather buy freshly prepared food (Taco Bell, Jimmy Johns, Au Bon Pain, pasta, etc) at work. And the dishes are simple enough that I can easily make them at home for much less money if I'm feeling ambitious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:30 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I just tried the new Thai curry, and it's really good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:37 pm 
Dead by dawn

I need to try some more Amy's stuff, especially the roasted veggie pizza apparently. I love the mac 'n' cheese, but it's a once in awhile treat. I do stock up on the bean & rice burritos and samosa wraps for quick post-workout meals.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:49 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Pre-vegan, my favorite was the veggie loaf. Which is only not vegan because of honey so I don't understand why they don't fix that shiitake!

When I worked in Springfield, the health food store was actually really close so I often went there and got something. I ate a lot of the spinach tofu wraps, sometimes the samosa. I like the breakfast burritos covered in salsa and daiya. I am really into the mac and cheese, my depression diet of 2012 heavily relied on that and two Gardein sliders. I also really like the tamales.

That tofu scramble is the shiitake. I always think, 'ugh, microwaved tomato slices' but then I eat them anyway. The chocolate cake is off the hook, it tastes like Hostess or something without any gross lard filling, and the GF one is pretty close to the gluteny one. The sanoma burger is pretty good if you want something different.

You should see my stack of saved Amy's wrappers and UPCs. When I cash them in, they're going to have to give me Amy.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:16 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Wow, apparently there is a lot of stuff I have not ever seen, let alone tried according to this thread.

The burritos are great, especially the Indian samosa one. Enchiladas and tamale pies. All the Indian frozen meals. I have not tried the Mac and cheese!

The split pea soup in a can is excellent. I am pretty sure trader joes sells it branded as their own. The lentil soups are good too.

The chocolate cake that comes in the Tofurky roast is surprisingly tasty. Really moist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

They put honey in one of the pot pies and the cornbread in the chili too. I wrote to them to whine and they sent me a boatload of coupons.

I just wish somebody here sold the meatballs and the vegan lasagna.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Rarely is Amy's in the budget, but I often have emergency non-dairy bean burritos in my freezer. I am also quite fond of the new "meatballs" pasta. One thing I really miss from omni-days is the spinach pizza. I've heard of a Daiya version, but I've yet to see it with my own eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:51 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

the vegan lasagna! so insanely delicious!!

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:31 am 
Saggy Butt

takecare wrote:
the vegan lasagna! so insanely delicious!!

Yes! I love that stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 am 
Saggy Butt

Lavawitch, the Super Target where I live in Virginia has the spaghetti and meatballs. You might check there, if you are near one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

They do sell the meatballs on their own according to the website , but I've never seen them in stores

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:58 am 
Discovered unobtainium

zinnia wrote:
Lavawitch, the Super Target where I live in Virginia has the spaghetti and meatballs. You might check there, if you are near one.

Yeah, that meal is easy to find almost everywhere. I want the bags of just meatballs. They are so good!

Thanks though. Target is a good suggestion and cheap. My mom gets the Gardein chik'n sliders there for me. I never go in because they are disabled hostile.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I think I bought the meatballs once? I'm probably thinking of the Morningstar Farms ones though. I have tried the veggie sausages though, and I was really stoked because I thought they were going to be like the Boca sausages and they were not.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

I'm currently chowing on a California burger - love these. I also like the canned canned chili and the burritos.

And I just discovered the Thai coconut soup! Amazing! I was getting hangry post-happy-hour the other night and my boyfriend cooked up a can of that with some ramen noodles thrown in and it was SO good. Ultimate wintertime comfort food.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:26 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

coldandsleepy wrote:

I find the Amy's burgers to be some of the most acceptable pre-made vegan burgers.

yes! how could i forget? The California Burger and the All-American Burger are my two favorites.

years ago, I organized a HUGE veggie burger tasting event and we got boat loads of companies to donate burger patties. Then we provided buns, condiments, chips and potato salad. We charged $5 to cover our costs, and everyone got to sample all the burgers they wanted (cut into little pieces) and then they got to have the whole burger of their choice. We had people vote and the Amy's burgers came out WAY ahead of the others in the top two spots. I've been an Amy's burger girl since then!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next