| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free Beyond Meat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Just saw this posted on reddit.. It seems too good to be true, but you can print off coupons from Beyond Meat's website for a free pack.

http://beyondmeat.com/download-the-beyo ... al-coupon/

Post subject: Re: Free Beyond Meat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

the link above didn't work for me, but this one did:

http://beyondmeat.com/click-here-to-dow ... al-coupon/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

acr, where did you find the new link? (i hope this coupon wasn't meant for only a certain group of people. it was really gutzy of them to offer it as a JPG.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i just did an internet search for "beyond meat free trial coupon." if it was supposed to be a secret, they didn't hide it very well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:52 am 
Keepin' It Seal

neither of them show up for me!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:10 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Hmm.. yeah they seem to be gone now. Sorry.. Maybe it was a mistake that they got out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:12 pm 

yeah, it was too good to be true. maybe they'll come back with a more secure way to distribute them and limit it to a certain # per customer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:12 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It probably wasn't a mistake it got out, but maybe they didn't know about extreeeeeeme couponers who will print off 20 copies even if they're not vegan, because free stuff is free stuff.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

the link from this coupon site was working as of two seconds ago:

http://todaysfreestuff.org/free-beyond-meat-pack/

i'm just going to keep posting links here for you folks, because it's dumb that they would offer a coupon and then change their minds when people seemed interested in using that coupon. as far as i can tell, the offer was posted within the past 24 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:20 pm 

yeah. meshell posted it [a week and a half ago] on vegan coupons, and i didn't repost it since i didn't know where it came from. (the direct jpg link is still there and still active... for now. that'll probably be deleted soon too.) but then when i saw another couponer post it this morning with the html link and i felt better about it for some reason. (i think because as a direct jpg, i didn't know if it was meant for specific people or if there were any specific steps people had to take to get there.)

it's a learning experience. hopefully their marketing person will learn a little bit about the more secure coupon distribution avenues and not feel like they can't offer coupons of this caliber anymore.

Last edited by supercarrot on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 pm 

It's not dumb, their site is probably getting hammered with people printing out multiple copies and will end up costing them a ton of money in the long run. Coupons that go through coupon sites have a print limit per computer, and free product coupons are very rare. You'll notice that the expiration date is in May and it's one coupon per person, but that won't stop people from printing out 10-20 coupons and getting a free pack every single time they do to the store.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:31 pm 

yeah, that's a RIDICULOUSLY long expiration for a free coupon. i really hope they can pull through this. :-(

i mean, i know they're backed by millionaires, so maybe they can handle the free product. sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward. maybe they want non-vegans to try it, and this was their plan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:33 pm 

in the meantime, here's a $1/1 facebook coupon. https://www.facebook.com/beyondmeat/pos ... ream_ref=1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:10 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

mrsbadmouth wrote:
It's not dumb, their site is probably getting hammered with people printing out multiple copies and will end up costing them a ton of money in the long run. Coupons that go through coupon sites have a print limit per computer, and free product coupons are very rare. You'll notice that the expiration date is in May and it's one coupon per person, but that won't stop people from printing out 10-20 coupons and getting a free pack every single time they do to the store.

see, i assumed people who wanted to print a billion copies would always do that, and i figured businesses would assume it, too; i didn't know there was a way to limit the print number. i almost never bother with online coupons, because the coop i do 95% of my shopping at won't accept them (i guess because they also assume people will print a billion copies).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 pm 

yeah. PDFs and JPGs are pretty rare these days. a .50/1 static image coupon won't be as abused as much as a free coupon would.

i'm surprised bob's red mill did a PDF BOGO coupon last fall. even that is gutzy. (especially when it's accompanied with a $1/1 coupon. savvy couponers know they can use one of each at most stores, since technically you can "buy" the first item with the $1/1 coupon and then the free coupon is applied to the 2nd item. but not all stores interpret it that way.)

they're a new company. they were more naive than they were dumb. dumb, i'd apply to a company that's well versed in coupon techniques if they make a mistake such as this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:08 pm 

There are a lot of checks and balances in place for couponers, and yes there are people who get around all of those, but it's actually a lot of work. Like you can get around the print limit by using multiple computers since it's prints per computer. If a coupon says one per transaction, you can split your transactions. There are people who will clear the shelf of any product, which isn't illegal or anything but it's considered bad form. Whenever Dream puts out a $2/1 coupon and a store has any of their milks (usually rice) for right around $2, people go and clear it out even though they don't normally drink rice milk. It's very frustrating for me, who is vegan and just wanted to get two cartons to put in her pantry.

Free product coupons are VERY rare, as are .pdf/.jpg coupons. I try not to print out more than I can reasonably use without making special trips to the store just to use up a coupon, or else it's just a waste of paper. I'm too lazy to be a real extreme couponer, but some people really get off on it and i'm sure there were thousands of people printing the Beyond Meat coupon ten times or more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

thanks for hunting the coupon down! i printed two. i really really hope my local health food store will accept it because they just got some beyond meat in!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I printed it off yesterday and our co-op took it. I didn't think for a second of printing off a bunch of them!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:24 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

my regular grocery store won't accept any coupons printed online. i used to get some pretty good deals when i was unemployed and i was suuuuper bummed when they wouldn't take them anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm 

very few stores take a static image coupon for free product. (even some don't accept free product coupons when they're printed from coupons.com or redplum.com.) there are just too many people who had taken advantage of the system and so stores are more apt to cover their butts, just in case it's not a legit coupon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:51 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

The title of this thread has me imagining some over zealous and confused activists breaking into the factory in the middle of the night to free the Beyond Meat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:15 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
The title of this thread has me imagining some over zealous and confused activists breaking into the factory in the middle of the night to free the Beyond Meat.

Hahaha. This is a great mental image.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm 

Let The Beyond Meat Meat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:22 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Ok, you guys I got them. Anyone have any favorite recipes for them? Last time I got them, I used them mostly on salads AKA a few on salads and the rest right out of the package. I want to do something more interesting this time around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:28 pm 

i had them grilled over a fire and they were not good that way. (they dried out) so i suggest anything with a sauce.