| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 3411
Location: SF Bay area
evolution wrote:
linanil wrote:
So my husband this morning told me that his stomach was upset last night.. so we are going to try the leftovers but not sure if he might be sensitive to the veganegg, if so, obviously it is a no go for us. Boo.


So we tried VeganEgg a few times, learning each time how better to cook them and season them (in breakfast burritos). Then we tried it in a meatloaf as a binder and the wife and I got sick about 12 hours after consuming (both out of the blue about 5 minutes apart). She hasn't tried them since. I tried them once more (scrambled) and got sick about 5 hours after eating. My son ate them at that same time with no issues.

Are some people allergic to VeganEgg? Or maybe it needs to be refrigerated after opening (because we didn't)? I have four more packed but back-to-back vomit episodes makes me scared to try it.

Do you guys have an algae or carageenan sensitivity? I'm not sure if that's a thing (and google is just full of fear mongering about carageenan, so I can't tell if it's known), but I think that's the main ingredient in the vegan egg. I'm pretty sure you don't have to refrigerate.

_________________
http://hotveganchickpeas.wordpress.com (food blog)
http://baybalcony.wordpress.com (gardening blog)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:45 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:47 am
Posts: 93
Location: Columbus, Ohio
couroupita wrote:
evolution wrote:
linanil wrote:
So my husband this morning told me that his stomach was upset last night.. so we are going to try the leftovers but not sure if he might be sensitive to the veganegg, if so, obviously it is a no go for us. Boo.


So we tried VeganEgg a few times, learning each time how better to cook them and season them (in breakfast burritos). Then we tried it in a meatloaf as a binder and the wife and I got sick about 12 hours after consuming (both out of the blue about 5 minutes apart). She hasn't tried them since. I tried them once more (scrambled) and got sick about 5 hours after eating. My son ate them at that same time with no issues.

Are some people allergic to VeganEgg? Or maybe it needs to be refrigerated after opening (because we didn't)? I have four more packed but back-to-back vomit episodes makes me scared to try it.

Do you guys have an algae or carageenan sensitivity? I'm not sure if that's a thing (and google is just full of fear mongering about carageenan, so I can't tell if it's known), but I think that's the main ingredient in the vegan egg. I'm pretty sure you don't have to refrigerate.


Not that I'm aware of. Pretty sure we've had algae and carrageenan before without issue. Maybe we just got a bad batch...

_________________
http://themartiniaffair.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:54 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Minnesota
Hey evolution, have you felt ill in any other way? There is a virus with vomitting that is widespread across the US right now. I'm just getting over it as is my husband.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:08 am 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:47 am
Posts: 93
Location: Columbus, Ohio
rohai wrote:
Hey evolution, have you felt ill in any other way? There is a virus with vomitting that is widespread across the US right now. I'm just getting over it as is my husband.


Nope. Just started to feel nauseous, vomited and then felt fine. (sorry for tmi) I think the product has lots of potential and I have four boxes but I'm afraid to try them now. That no one else is having an issue makes me hopeful it was just something with that box.

_________________
http://themartiniaffair.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:21 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 5886
Location: Surrey, UK
I love this stuff! I made a video of my experiments with the vegan egg. https://youtu.be/IJtBgeHSvwo (in case anyone is interested).

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:46 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 4687
Location: Edinburgh
I'm so glad you left in the part where you drop it.

I made quiche with mine and loved it, but Mike hated it because it was so eggy. Now I'm trying to come up with ways to use it where the egginess is less pronounced. But I just want to eat all of it as quiche.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:18 pm 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 5886
Location: Surrey, UK
rachell37 wrote:
I'm so glad you left in the part where you drop it.

I made quiche with mine and loved it, but Mike hated it because it was so eggy. Now I'm trying to come up with ways to use it where the egginess is less pronounced. But I just want to eat all of it as quiche.

Yeah I'm clumsy haha.

I want to try a quiche and Yorkshire puddings!! And more baking.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:57 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 2060
Location: Wales
baps wrote:
I love this stuff! I made a video of my experiments with the vegan egg. https://youtu.be/IJtBgeHSvwo (in case anyone is interested).


Those frittatas look wicked!

_________________
MoFo blog :) Rosie's vegan kitchen

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:23 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 5886
Location: Surrey, UK
They worked so well! I was very happy with them.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:26 am 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
I used up the last of mine to make a leek and mushroom frittata last night. I mixed the VeganEgg according to package directions, and whisked in 3 tsp. of Vegg (without adding extra water), a little black salt and freshly ground pepper. Then I folded in the veggies - sautéed with garlic, dill, smoked paprika - put the whole business in a greased pie dish, and baked at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It was really good, and it sliced beautifully within minutes of coming out of the oven; much better luck than I ever had with a "real" egg fritatta. Definitely a good use of this stuff!

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am
Posts: 2157
Location: rva
Image

we tried them for the first time yesterday for a super delicious brunch. my spouse said it was the best brunch he's had since we became vegan. yay! enjoyed them scrambled with roasted potatoes, garlicky asparagus, and bac-un.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:44 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Minnesota
I need to place an Amazon order and you guys have convinced me to add this in. My hubby loves frittatas so super excited for that now that it's asparagus season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:45 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Minnesota
happyfaced wrote:
Image

we tried them for the first time yesterday for a super delicious brunch. my spouse said it was the best brunch he's had since we became vegan. yay! enjoyed them scrambled with roasted potatoes, garlicky asparagus, and bac-un.

That plate looks delicious!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
rohai wrote:
happyfaced wrote:
Image

we tried them for the first time yesterday for a super delicious brunch. my spouse said it was the best brunch he's had since we became vegan. yay! enjoyed them scrambled with roasted potatoes, garlicky asparagus, and bac-un.

That plate looks delicious!
Seriously. That is one great looking brunch. Yum.

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:41 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 22107
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Those eggs look so very eggy! I think scrambled eggs may be the only thing I really miss about being an omni. And blood sausage.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:55 pm 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
Tofulish wrote:
Those eggs look so very eggy! I think scrambled eggs may be the only thing I really miss about being an omni. And blood sausage.
I got your blood sausage right here, baby.

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:07 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 6831
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Desdemona wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Those eggs look so very eggy! I think scrambled eggs may be the only thing I really miss about being an omni. And blood sausage.
I got your blood sausage right here, baby.


New sig

_________________
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus
I got your blood sausage right here, baby. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:54 am
Posts: 285
Location: Manchester, UK
I pretty much just made a flipping huge quiche with mine (minus a couple of 'eggs' for a scramble first up). I have to say it was amazing; really great texture and taste, and definitely filling. It's £7 a box here in Manchester but I really want to give my yorkshire puds another go (aquafaba did not work for me too well :/ )

Image

Image

_________________
Bloggy bloggy blog (food, crafts, dog, body positivity, stuff).
Be my pal: Twitter [fifteenkeats] Instagram [fifteenkeats] Facebork [jenny marie]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:18 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 5886
Location: Surrey, UK
That is an awesome looking quiche!

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:54 am
Posts: 285
Location: Manchester, UK
baps wrote:
That is an awesome looking quiche!


Thanks! I was pretty impressed I have to say. I've missed quiche sooooo much.

_________________
Bloggy bloggy blog (food, crafts, dog, body positivity, stuff).
Be my pal: Twitter [fifteenkeats] Instagram [fifteenkeats] Facebork [jenny marie]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:52 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Planet Earth until I find a bigger playground
Well, here's the seasonal question...
Will these fluff matzo balls?

I may have to take one for the team..errrr....Tribe.

_________________
Being a stinky hippie to save water.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Planet Earth until I find a bigger playground
Well, here's the seasonal question...
Will these fluff matzo balls?

I may have to take one for the team..errrr....Tribe.

_________________
Being a stinky hippie to save water.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:54 pm 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:28 pm
Posts: 1273
jennyg2207 wrote:
I pretty much just made a flipping huge quiche with mine (minus a couple of 'eggs' for a scramble first up). I have to say it was amazing; really great texture and taste, and definitely filling. It's £7 a box here in Manchester but I really want to give my yorkshire puds another go (aquafaba did not work for me too well :/ )

Image

Image



beautiful inside shot. looks amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:20 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:54 am
Posts: 285
Location: Manchester, UK
Hoodwinked wrote:
beautiful inside shot. looks amazing.


Thanks! All credit to Follow Your Heart! I do like a nice cross section.

_________________
Bloggy bloggy blog (food, crafts, dog, body positivity, stuff).
Be my pal: Twitter [fifteenkeats] Instagram [fifteenkeats] Facebork [jenny marie]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Your Heart EGGS?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:05 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 2164
Location: Reno
Found this at Natural Grocers (kind of a shit-tier Whole Foods without a bakery, I guess)!!!

In the. . fridge. Next to cartons of real eggs. Cute, but it's shelf-stable POWDER, haha. I almost missed it!

No idea what to try with it first. . . I might have to reread the thread!

_________________
Youtube


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer