| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Asian Supermarket Bliss!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

thanks zelavie, i think that's what one of the labels said.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ugh, this angry lady stuff is the bomb. A heaped tbsp transforms a bowl of veg and noodles into a bowl of nom. My co-worker has started stealing it using it to snazz up his rice. He knows what's up.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:33 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I now have access to several asian food markets and an indian grocery store too! I've been enjoying them immensely and one of them in particular is very committed to stocking tons of awesome mock meats and veggie oddities. I didn't want to try the fake fish and fake cheese sticks made out of vegetable flavorings and seaweed thickener but I've had a blast with some of the veggie meats. Just yesterday I ate some veggie drumsticks in the lunch I made. The little bamboo sticks inside of them simulating a bone I guess were kind of weird but in a oddly authentic way I found pleasing. I don't think I'll ever be able to work up the nerve to try a chunk of frozen vegan salmon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:05 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I am so glad I listened to the Angry Lady Sauce fans! Of course, I accidentally bought her fried chili oil, not realizing my mistake until I got home. (Now I've got TWO jars of the stuff I'll probably never use!) I was determined to get the right stuff, and ordered 6 jars from Amazon. As others have said, this stuff is AMAZING. I usually have some brown rice cooked in broth slathered with it, and it never fails to make me happy.

All was not lost at the Asian grocery, though. I bought bok choy, miso, chives, lemon grass, lime leaves, and dried yuba sticks/sheets of yuba. (I envy those that have been able to get it fresh!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:51 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Do any of you Angry Lady fans have nutritional information on her chili crisp sauce (since that's the one PPKers seem to love)? What is the sodium content and serving size? I'm watching sodium and want to know if this is something I should try or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

LFL wrote:
Do any of you Angry Lady fans have nutritional information on her chili crisp sauce (since that's the one PPKers seem to love)? What is the sodium content and serving size? I'm watching sodium and want to know if this is something I should try or not.

From the jar:

Serving size: 1/4 cup (I never use that much! A couple tablespoons at most for a whole pot of rice.)
Cal: 422
Total fat: 41g
Sat fat: 4g
Sodium: 550mg
Total carb: 6g
Dietary fiber: 5g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 4g

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
LFL wrote:

From the jar:

Serving size: 1/4 cup (I never use that much! A couple tablespoons at most for a whole pot of rice.)
Cal: 422
Total fat: 41g
Sat fat: 4g
Sodium: 550mg
Total carb: 6g
Dietary fiber: 5g
Sugar: 2g
Protein: 4g

Thank you! That's not bad actually, at least if eaten on unsalted rice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

pastabake wrote:
Angelina wrote:
pastabake wrote:
This stuff!

That is usually my problem when I go to an Asian market. Many times there are no ingredients listed in English, and you are barely able to tell what it is from the jar...and how do you use it? What is it?

It's all so overwhelming!! How do you guys do it?

This is angry lady sauce (a.k.a. chili crisp). It's an oil-based, super savory/umami hot sauce and I love it on potatoes at breakfast.

It is the most magical thing on the planet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

B_A_D wrote:
It is the most magical thing on the planet.

Where did you get it in the HRM?!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:31 pm 
Semen Strong

I just bought it on Amazon! I need to try it!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:10 pm 
Semen Strong

It's amazing. I had it on warm brown rice yesterday, and it was so good I want to eat it all up today.

Thanks PPK!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:14 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Just to add to this Angry Lady love.. I went to China and was excited when I saw those jars in lots of convenience stores. It seems like it's relatively popular there..

Now if I could only find a place here that sells pickled vegetables for congee..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Rosie wrote:
Just found angry lady sauce in a shop near work so I picked some up. Got back to find it's out of date :(

I found a load of different angry lady sauces today, none of them had "spicy chili crisp" on the label so I bought the nearest thing I could remember to what people were raving about. Now I'm comparing it to this thread and although the characters under the portrait of the lady seem to match the label shown on this thread I think I bought the wrong thing :(

I thought I could remember shallots being an ingredient, but I looked it up on Amazon just now and they don't get mentioned in the ingredients on there... but then again neither do the peanuts that then are mentioned in the description on there. Eh, I'll try it anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

dropscone wrote:
Rosie wrote:
Just found angry lady sauce in a shop near work so I picked some up. Got back to find it's out of date :(

I found a load of different angry lady sauces today, none of them had "spicy chili crisp" on the label so I bought the nearest thing I could remember to what people were raving about. Now I'm comparing it to this thread and although the characters under the portrait of the lady seem to match the label shown on this thread I think I bought the wrong thing :(

I thought I could remember shallots being an ingredient, but I looked it up on Amazon just now and they don't get mentioned in the ingredients on there... but then again neither do the peanuts that then are mentioned in the description on there. Eh, I'll try it anyway.

There are a few different varieties, I bought the black bean one the other day and it's still delicious.

The original one I got didn't say 'spicy chilli crisp' either, it was 'crispy chilli in oil', but the same ingredients as the one Zelavie listed (peanuts, no shallots). Perhaps it's different for the UK?

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Bleedin Nora! Whatever I got is really forking hot! Do not merrily slop Angry Lady stuff into your noodles thinking it will all be fine! I mean, it tastes great, but start with a teaspoon of the stuff and work up, don't just tip the jar like I did!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh, also since I know it's hard to TMI the PPKF: ring of fire the next day!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hahahahaha

When I went to a vegan fair last year there was an Asian sauce stall and my husband took a big gobful and almost died there and then. He drank an entire bottle of water in one go! So i am sure he would sympathise with you, dropscone.