We are both vegan 38%  38%  [ 67 ]
We are both vegetarian 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
SO is vegetarian, and I am vegan 13%  13%  [ 24 ]
I am vegetarian, and SO is vegan 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
SO is an omni, and I am vegan 40%  40%  [ 71 ]
SO is an omni, and I am vegetarian 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
I am omni, and SO is vegan/vegetarian 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 178
 Post subject: Re: Are you and your SO both veg?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 pm 
Impressive boner

Both of us are vegan. I do most of the cooking because I love to cook, but he does a mean vegetable stew with dumplings. He also made me a brilliant raspberry blackout cake for my birthday this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Both vegan. We both love cooking, but I normally cook because he always makes pasta and spicy tomato sauce - though it is delicious.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:58 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

My husband & I are both vegan. He's been vegan for about 7 months but ate vegan at home for a while before that. I do most of the cooking at the moment because he has a job & I don't & I love to cook & he's not so into it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:07 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm vegan and my Boyfriend is omni. He annoys me all the time with complaining how he miss meat but he doesn't cook at all so he eats what I prepare. Sometimes I feel that he exploits me a little bit because I like cooking but this doesn't mean that I will cook everyday. But besides that we don't have any food related problems. I said that I will never prepare meat for him but I don't care what he is doing (although it would be great to live with vegan or vegetarian).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:07 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I am a strict vegetarian with plans to go completely vegan in 2011. My hubby is an omni, but he eats mostly vegan or vegetarian food because that is all I cook. He went from eating meat 7 days a week to eating it usually only when we go out to eat. I am very lucky because he has no problem with eating vegan food, in fact, one of our favorite places to eat is a vegan restaurant.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:18 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

I'm a relatively new vegan, but my husband is omni. He's 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 Dutch, two cultures with meat as a main stay in their meals.

He's supportive of me going vegan and he'll happily eat any vegan dish I make. My girls are omni, too, but I only cook vegan at home, so they are all getting a lot of vegan food.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:04 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I'm vegan and my partner is omni. He eats chicken a few times a month. I wish he wouldn't (obviously). He eats plenty of vegan food which I am happy about. He's completely supportive of my veganism and eats mostly vegetarian himself. He's super picky--he hates vegetables, but he'll eat seitan, anything tofurky, stuff like that. There is no meat of any kind in the house, although in our family we have a vegan, a vegetarian, and two chicken-eaters, so there is dairy around. I draw the line at meat, though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:47 pm 
Saggy Butt

I am a vegan and my SO is an omni but we are separated and have filed for divorce. He insisted that I cook meat for him, and it was really gross. I used to eat meat so I suppose it is my fault we are getting a divorce.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We're both vegan now.

My husband was omni when we met, and I was vegetarian, then for some reason started eating fish again, then went completely vegan while he was still omni. About 18 months after I went vegan, he decided to stop eating meat, then went vegan a few months later. He was never a picky eater, though, so he ate mostly vegetarian, then vegan at home, and would eat half of my meals at restaurants, too.

He isn't really into cooking, though, so I still cook everything that's more difficult than opening packages of Gardein and fries.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:56 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

We are both vegan now. When we first decided to just go for it he still ate vegetarian for his lunches at work. Then we had a 5 day weekend where he was home the whole time. The next week he ordered a gardenburger with cheese at the cafeteria and took a big bite. They had given him a turkey burger by mistake. It made him so sick that he decided then and there to eat only vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

he's vegetarian, but doesn't eat much by way of dairy or eggs. he's lactose intolerant anyway & only eats eggs when he can get them from a local farm. he'll occasionally buy some cheese or eat some at a restaurant, but 95% of what he eats is vegan. he's actually far more vocal than i am about all the reasons for being a veg*an, & is very defensive of vegan food. he was even considering applying for a job opening at peta.

he was an omnivore when we met & i was only a vegetarian, so it's possible that he'd eventually go all the way -- though he hasn't yet.