It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: wholly guacamole snack packs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:40 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Meggs wrote:
Now you're just being mean, Adam.
Best I can get is regular Hass on sale for .99

Not all of us are lucky enough to have avocados year-round for a reasonable price. Or different TYPES of avocados!

yeah I think I've only ever had Hass. I need to take a trip to CA just for avocados.

thanks for the coupon Supercarrot!

ETA: that link didn't work for me but I searched the site and got this:

http://printablecouponsanddeals.net/?s= ... mit=Search

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:44 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

assilembob wrote:
Meggs wrote:
Adam Crisis wrote:
fun fact, some store brand "guacamole" doesnt not contain any avocado at all
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... ole30.html
And my southern californianess laughs at all of you. I bought organic avocados today at the store for 85 cents a piece. We have high rent, but forking-a, we also have avocados up the bunghole

That's so gross. Here, have a bowl of partially hydrogenated oil and food coloring guacamole.

I don't know who I'm madder at: Kraft for killing the sacred Guacamole, or the woman suing cause she can't read a label on a pre-made dip before using it and being disappointed it's not really food.
Definatly the woman. Though I don't like that a lot of companies do that and put all kinds of crepe in their dips, but the ingrediants were available to her. It's not like Kraft forced her to buy and eat the dip. If she wins this in court I'm going to be even more dumbfounded of our law system then I already am.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:59 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Quarantined wrote:
thanks for the coupon Supercarrot!

ETA: that link didn't work for me but I searched the site and got this:

http://printablecouponsanddeals.net/?s= ... mit=Search

oh, that's even better. (since it's a search, it'll be a timeless link) <3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oh my goodness the Spicy variety is verrrrry, well, spicy! Way hotter than I expected. Good but boy do I use much more moderation. Maybe I'll get the regular version next. So Costco has the snack packs or just the big ones?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:33 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

This is great! I was just thinking on the way to work this morning that next week I wanted to bring taco salads for lunch, but there was no way to make quacamole ahead of time for a few days without it getting brown and icky. If I can find these I'm set.

And that is gross about the Kraft oil/food coloring dip! Glad I wouldn't buy it anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oooh taco salad, yum! That would be a great thing to pack my SO for lunch. Good idea!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Abelskiver wrote:
Oh my goodness the Spicy variety is verrrrry, well, spicy! Way hotter than I expected. Good but boy do I use much more moderation. Maybe I'll get the regular version next. So Costco has the snack packs or just the big ones?

Ha, yes it is. I used it on some nachos one day and my boyfriend wanted to know what the heck kind of salsa I had put on them. He was skeptical when I said it was the guacamole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am 
Naked Under Apron

This is so exciting! I've seen this brand, but I've always been wary of premade guac and I figured it would be gross. I always have avocado ripeness timing issues (can never find a ripe one when I really want it, then I forget about them at home once they are ripe), so this will be great to keep in the fridge or bring to work. Yay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

my favorite quick snack with these at work is to toast two slices of bread then spread the guac in between, it's reminds me of a grilled cheese sandwich.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 pm 

Aubade wrote:
This is great! I was just thinking on the way to work this morning that next week I wanted to bring taco salads for lunch, but there was no way to make quacamole ahead of time for a few days without it getting brown and icky. If I can find these I'm set.

if you do happen to use the large 7-oz packages instead of the 2-oz ones, you can squeeze out the guac from a corner, and as long as there is no air in the package before you seal it back up*, it'll stay for quite a few days.
(*i like the newer style of chip clips. some of them are also called twixit i think.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

The best store bought guacamole ever! I love the spicy one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:05 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

reviving this thread because i saw yesterday that there's a new "Avocado Ranch" flavor:

http://eatwholly.com/products/wholly-mi ... ranch.html

It says non-dairy sour cream and butter on the ingredients, which intrigues me. I can't find any info on whether it's vegan. but I'm gonna trying emailing them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So these things at Costco are like half the price of buying them individually. I wouldn't really buy them otherwise, but they're pretty convenient for an $8 4-pack, especially mixed with a fresh avocado.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

got a response already about the Avocado Ranch flavor

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us. All of our Wholly products are GMO free and with 20 vitamins and minerals and no additives or preservatives, this is the right snack for everyone.

The flavors are characterized as type flavors due to their kosher pareve status which means they contain natural compounds that mimic the characteristics of butter and sour cream, while not containing any of the actual components.

The ingredients do not contain whey or caseinate. There are absolutely no animal proteins in Avocado Ranch. It is 100% vegan!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

I love Wholly Guacamole, it's always on sale or closeout at Kroger so I can get a pack for $1-2 and it's actually cheaper than making it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:50 pm 

i also sent them a message asking them if the avocado ranch was vegan, and they sent the same response. i wonder if they're kicking themselves at not putting vegan on the label. (i wonder how many e-mails they've gotten. (i also wonder how many vegans passed it up, not knowing it was vegan) i had some coupons and they were on deep sale, and i specifically didn't buy it because i didn't know.