| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: waffle maker!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:27 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Woo! I got a waffle maker recently too and so far I have made the cornmeal waffles like you, the PB ones and the Chelsea ones. The raised ones are next!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

lidl finally had the £9.99 waffle makers they were advertising in today! I went out this evening and got one and scared the shop assistant by being far too excited about it. WAFFLES!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I love waffles. All of the recipes I've tried so far from Vegan Brunch are great (Chelsea, peanut butter, gingerbread..that's all I can think of off the top of my head), and the chocolate brownie waffles from Veganomicon. We have a "Belgian" waffle maker, which makes fairly large, circular waffles that are fairly thick. Most of the waffle recipes seem to make about 5 of these waffles.

The trick I have found to not having the waffles split in the middle is to lower the temp just slightly, and let the waffle cook a minute or two after the timer goes off (my waffle maker doesn't allow the timer to be adjusted). I used to spray the iron with grill (high heat) cooking spray before use, but lately I've found that isn't necessary.

FYI, chocolate chips can make a big mess inside the waffle maker, but I think it's worth it at least once in a while. :) It really isn't that hard to clean up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:43 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

kdub wrote:
There used to be a recipe for apple waffles on ppk, but I can't remember which book it's from. They are delic.

***reviving old thread***
Does anyone have this recipe? I used to make it several years ago from the posting here on ppk. I can't seem to locate the recipe now that I've finally got a new waffle maker after my last one quit. The boyfriend and I would be much appreciative if anyone could pass this recipe on. Thanks!