| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Vitamix
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:59 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I have made hummus in my Blendtec, so I say yes. Does your friend not know what hummus is? Maybe they only ever make small batches or like it chunky? I dunno man, but hummus it up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:06 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I thought she must be wrong! It seems like it would make awesome hummus!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:54 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

doncherryfan wrote:
HEH. I was reading "S30" as "$30" and was all excited to get the $30 vitamix. Then I went to the linked page and realized my error. Oops.

Same here! Wow that is one expensive mini blender.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:18 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Hey, is there a separate Vitamix or blender recipe thread? So that once we get our fancy blenders we can talk about what to make in them? I feel like talking about it here might clutter a thread where people want to talk more about the functionality of machines than the details of blended soups, sauces, smoothies, hummus, salad dressing, nut butter, nut milk, etc. But I think lots of new and experienced high power blender owners besides me must be itching to talk creations?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:06 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Anyone have the professional series 750?

They look great! Big rip of here at $1500 AUD!

I have a blendtec, which I like to some degree, however I am already onto my second jug.

First one, leaked within 6 days!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:17 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am on my third Blendtec jug, the first two quickly revealing themselves as duds. #3 seems ok.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:07 am 
Not NOT A Furry

otherdimension wrote:
Anyone have the professional series 750?

$1500 AUD?! That's horrible. When they first came out in the US the list price was $750, but they were perpetually "on sale" for $650. The price has dropped even further since then.

I have it. I don't really use the presets so it was kind of a waste for me. I went back to the tall container because the shorter one* seems to require the tamper more often, and with thinner liquids than the tall. Even a smoothie will develop an air bubble at the bottom in the short container. In the tall, that only happened to me with sorbets or other things that obviously required the tamper.

The container I received with it had a problem with water getting trapped in the handle, then the vibration would cause it to leak out all over the counter when the blender was on. They were very good about replacing it. I had the new one within a couple of days and they didn't even make me send the old one back. A few months after that all of the Pro 750 containers were recalled due to a blade problem. Again, the turnaround was very quick, and they also extended the warranty and sent a cookbook and apron back with the new container. I have absolutely no complaints about their customer service, it's just that one container that I'm not thrilled with.

I find myself using my Blendtec more and more. I LOVE the twister jar for nut butters and I also like that Blendtec's blades are dull. I've cut myself a million times cleaning the Vitamix.

*By short, I mean the short 64 oz. container that comes with it, not the 32 oz., which has none of the problems of the short 64.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:54 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I can now report back, after having both a Vitamix and a Blendtec - Blendtec is totally, totally, without a doubt my favourite. If only I had bought one years ago. I should note that my Blendtec has now starting making burning smells and I've had to return it, but god it works so much better and is much more user friendly - easier to get stuff in and out of.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Soooo... I've decided what to get myself for my birthday & Christmas (combined) this year - buuut I can't decide on a model! We're a small household and I'm not planning on making flour or grinding coffee, so maybe the small Vitamix S30 is strong enough? OTOH with the big models, every new jug comes with its own blades, which might just mean that they will keep "forever"?!

Anyway. Luckily, my local seller offers a 30-day trial period and free returns with full money back. So this is what I've come up with:

I'll get the little S30 and give it a full test, trying all the recipes I'll most likely use it for. Soups, salad dressing, smoothies (including greens), curry paste, hummus, and the occiasional nut butter or non-dairy milk. And I'll blog about it.

And If I'm not utterly happy, I can return it and get the TNC 5200 instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8