| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Vitamix
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:50 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Just got an email today announcing a new Vitamix model - S30. You guys, it's a wee babby vitamix! I guess they needed to compete with the Bullet etc.

https://www.vitamix.com/s30?PROMO=03251 ... 0099-01-02

Their email suggested it would be PERFECT for my vacation home. Heh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:04 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I got that email too and OMG that thing is so cute! I already have a 750, so I really have no need for a baby vitamix, but so cute!! I really like that it has the drink container you can take with you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:26 pm 
WRETCHED

My faux magic bullet was dying so I got the S30 2 weeks ago. I've been using it every day. Soo much better. I also put my other vitamix away for now. I haven't used it as a blender blender yet but we'll see when I need to blend something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:27 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My husband and I tested that model for vitamix and it was cute, but I would pass on it. I loved the idea of the to-go cup, but if you make your smoothie in it you cannot use the pusher. All the smoothies I tried to make in it needed the use of the pusher. Deal breaker for me.

Eta: it was still a good little blender, and if I didn't already have a big one I would have loved it more probably.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 pm 
Semen Strong

annak wrote:
I guess they needed to compete with the Bullet etc.

https://www.vitamix.com/s30?PROMO=03251 ... 0099-01-02

Welp, at $409 its not exactly competing for the same market....

We got our 5200 for around $500 and QVC had an even cheaper deal recently. I hope that means that their mini blender will be discounted soon as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 am 
Nooch of Earl

Yeah, the price amused me a little bit. It's definitely a very niche item!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 am 
WRETCHED

Yeah, I don't know if there are lots of people like me who use a bullet type product daily but also have a vitamix for blending the big stuff. I hardly every use my existing vitamix, except when I really want something ground up well. So far the S30 has been doing really well blending stuff and breaking stuff down. Plus with a 5 year warranty, it will hopefully last me longer than the bullet type blenders tend to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:39 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Annak, after I saw your post yesterday I ordered the S30! In addition to the smoothie cup it has a regular 40-oz blender container (I guess the regular vitamixes have a bigger container), which sounds perfect for me - I don't think I've ever blended anything more than 40 oz. The price is definitely more doable than the standard vitamixes, and there are enough smoothies I make that I think won't require the pusher - I can't wait for it to arrive!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

mattomic wrote:
I've got friends who have Blendtecs (raw food chefs etc), who prefer it, and after seeing theirs - I just feel it works a lot better, the shape is better (for blending, pouring, cleaning), and it's just a preference. I also don't like using the tamper, and it pushed through the plastic the other day and blended into my smoothie. It also peas me off a bit that Vitamix stole so much of their stuff from Blendtec - they ended up having to pay a $1M settlement (or similar) that Blendtec then put towards giving their existing customers new jars... Wish I knew before I bought!

So happy to have read this. I'm going to be in the market for a new blender very, very soon, and my Costco recently had blendtec including the wide side canister for under $400. Not money I should really be spending but my current blender is going to explode soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:22 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

JillW wrote:
thanks, I usually do anything to avoid a heavy sell job, but I troubled myself finally to watch some of those infomercial type videos so I'm starting to get the basic idea. Still on the fence regarding the overall cost/benefit analysis!

I finally got off the fence and bought a refurbished Blendtec tonight! My last comment was over a year and a half ago, so I can never be accused of making rash decisions. In the meantime both my stick blender and food processor died. I can't face winter without hummus/blended sauces. Now with homemade tahini!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm 
Naked Under Apron

yay for your Blendtec, JillW! I bought a refurbished one a couple months ago and I am in love. However I'm still learning how to use it, I need to read thru the stuff that came with it some more about when to use which settings etc...most of the stuff I'm using it for doesn't fall under those categories. I bought the Twister jar too, because I make small batches of stuff frequently.
We originally bought it 'cause, in addition to just needing a better machine than my ancient crappy Oster, my partner wanted to get into green smoothies but ironically our kids and I are loving them but he isn't!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:08 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

HEH. I was reading "S30" as "$30" and was all excited to get the $30 vitamix. Then I went to the linked page and realized my error. Oops.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:06 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I got the S30 because I have a small kitchen but holy crepe could I not unscrew the blades from the canister. After running it under cold water for awhile and lots of straining, I could barely manage but it was just too hard. And I'm not even sure it was screwed on tight enough to begin with because it would leak. It's a great idea, interchangeable canisters, but the execution didn't work for me. I returned it after 90 days (I really wanted to love it) and got a VItamix Creations II with a 48oz canister. Love love love love love it. Perfection.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:29 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Audrey wrote:
yay for your Blendtec, JillW! I bought a refurbished one a couple months ago and I am in love. However I'm still learning how to use it, I need to read thru the stuff that came with it some more about when to use which settings etc...most of the stuff I'm using it for doesn't fall under those categories. I bought the Twister jar too, because I make small batches of stuff frequently.
We originally bought it 'cause, in addition to just needing a better machine than my ancient crappy Oster, my partner wanted to get into green smoothies but ironically our kids and I are loving them but he isn't!

yep I'm wondering if I'll want the twister jar. I guess I can add it later, didn't investigate whether there was any cost savings to buying all at once.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I got a vitamix a few months ago and am in love. We named her Blenda. My favorite thing lately is using up my overabundant garden tomatoes by throwing a bunch of whole ones in with herbs and a little garlic and olive oil then simmering it on the stove for a couple hours and canning sauce. I also have a smoothie every day for breakfast. For whoever asked a few pages ago if it can pulverize berry seeds-- yes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7