| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu May 26, 2016 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cinnamon Bun Popcorn and Popcorn Bar
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:26 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Every once and a while you encounter a life changing recipe; last night I met Cinnamon Bun Popcorn.

Had movie night with friends. I supplied the beer and the guests were asked to bring their favourite batch of popcorn so we could make a Popcorn Bar.

We got the inspiration for the Popcorn Bar here:
http://pinterest.com/itsallaboutty/popcorn-bar/

Here’s the recipe and instructions for the Cinnamon Bun popcorn. We used vegan white chocolate chips instead of the Almond Bark; light Agave for the syrup and Earth Balance instead of butter.

Cinnamon Bun Popcorn

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/09/cin ... n-popcorn/

Please share any of your fav popcorn recipes. I think the Popcorn Bar concept is going to be a regular party staple at our house.

Post subject: Re: Cinnamon Bun Popcorn and Popcorn Bar
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

a popcorn bar!! what a fun idea! I love it!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I love the idea of a popcorn bar! So creative and not what people would expect. Also, cinnamon bun popcorn sounds amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:51 am 
Not NOT A Furry

We did a popcorn bar for our New Years party and the two most popular popcorn combos were vegan; Marmite and Nooch popcorn and Chicago mix of caramel popcorn and cheezy popcorn.

I made Jamie Oliver's Marmite popcorn and then a separate popcorn batch with just EB, nooch ground to a powder and a bit of salt. After both batches were individually baked, I mixed the two batches together - 1/3 Marmite popcorn and 2/3 Noochy Popcorn. Awesome salty, cheezy, buttery combo !

Took a similar approach to making the Chicago Mix popcorn. Used the recipe from Bake and Destroy but made a small batch of the caramel corn and again a separate larger batch of the noochy popcorn. Mixed 1/3 caramel corn and 2/3 noochy popcorn together.

This morning I have 20 messages from party guests asking what was the 'magical vegan cheezy powder'. Looks like 2016 will be the year of Nooch !

Happy New Year PPK !!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:57 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Cinnamon bun popcorn sounds amazing! I have to get my hands on some white chocolate chips so I can try it.

A popcorn bar is such a cool idea and I love that your guests are asking about nutritional yeast! It really is one of the best popcorn toppings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:58 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Padraigin wrote:
We did a popcorn bar for our New Years party and the two most popular popcorn combos were vegan; Marmite and Nooch popcorn and Chicago mix of caramel popcorn and cheezy popcorn.

I made Jamie Oliver's Marmite popcorn and then a separate popcorn batch with just EB, nooch ground to a powder and a bit of salt. After both batches were individually baked, I mixed the two batches together - 1/3 Marmite popcorn and 2/3 Noochy Popcorn. Awesome salty, cheezy, buttery combo !

Took a similar approach to making the Chicago Mix popcorn. Used the recipe from Bake and Destroy but made a small batch of the caramel corn and again a separate larger batch of the noochy popcorn. Mixed 1/3 caramel corn and 2/3 noochy popcorn together.

This morning I have 20 messages from party guests asking what was the 'magical vegan cheezy powder'. Looks like 2016 will be the year of Nooch !

Happy New Year PPK !!
Dude. I think I'm having Marmite & nooch popcorn for dinner tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:59 pm 
Semen Strong

I love dill pickle popcorn and at the moment I am so addicted to white truffle popcorn. Mmmmmmm!

Just sub a vegan butter sub in this recipe: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/dill-pickle-popcorn

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That sounds amazing! I'm a sucker for the sweet/salty combination, so classic kettle corn is my favorite. I've also been into putting garam masala on popcorn lately.