| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

vijita wrote:
Interesting. But having to lug out a blender to improve the texture of yogurt kinda kills the convenience factor!

I don't like Amande, but with other yogurts that are super thick like that, I usually just mix them up really hard with my spoon and they smoothe out. You probably dont need to bust out a blender.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:59 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I liked the cherry Amande I tried. I have noticed WF circulates out space for new arrivals though. Sometimes it's good, but other times not so much - like now they've stopped carrying the low-fat Vegenaise, which was my favorite. I have to order a whole case now if I want it, which kind of stinks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:52 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I tried the cherry one and hated it. Will never buy any of them again.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am 
Bathes in Braggs

They just got this in at my local Superstore - for anyone in Canada. I bought the vanilla to try it, though at $4.99 for a lg tub it totally cancelled out the 50% off multigrain loaf and tofu I bought. Or maybe I should see the bargain purchases as balancing/justifying my extravagant purchase.

I liked it, the flavour and the texture, though it is not as tangy as I would like - more like a dessert. I would have bought the plain (they had plain and vanilla in the big tubs, more flavours in the small tubs) but the sugar content was quite high and I like a plain, unsweetened, tangy yogurt, which I have yet to find here.

I noticed the SS has also started carrying So Delicious coconut yogurt which I have bought at Planet Organic and found too rich.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm surprised by how many people think it's gross! I totally love it. If you shake or stir it really well, it seems to get pretty smooth (at least for me, in the small containers, not the large one). I love the coconut one and the peach one. The vanilla is good layered with granola or Holy crepe cereal* and lots of fruit - I like strawberry and banana. It's expensive to get the flavoured ones though - they only come in tiny containers for about $2.19 each. The large one is like $4ish, which is pretty good.

(Holy crepe* is locally-made chia-buckwheat-etc cereal, which I'm too scared to eat straight up like a gel, but is awesome sprinkled on top of stuff.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5