| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Sugar free? Okay, I'm pretty stoked about this then! Must drag myself to WF very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I've tried the Peach and Strawberry flavor. I liked them both pretty well though for some reason the first bite for each was a bit weird? I'm not sure why.. Would definitely eat again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ashley wrote:
Sugar free? Okay, I'm pretty stoked about this then! Must drag myself to WF very soon.

according to what that poster said, it's sweetened with fruit juice, so it's not really sugar free. refined sugar free, maybe, but it sounds like it still has calories from sugar. so it's not sugar free in the diet soda sense.

i just read this review of it http://www.livingonthevedge.net/2011/02 ... dmilk.html

and it looks like it's not fortified with calcium or maybe anything else, which is one of the big draws of eating soy yogurt for me. i don't think rice and almond milks thicken like soy does when it's cultured, so it sounds like it's just thickened with gums and starches and i'm not so into the texture of that. anyway, i might try it once, but i don't have high hopes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I bought the Amande cherry and peach, but haven't eaten them yet. I'm really excited to try them though! I'm going to mix a little granola and blueberries in!

I thought that the Wildwood yogurt is soy? I have an unsweetened soy Wildwood yogurt (I think) that I bought for baking/cooking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am 

wildwood is soy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
ashley wrote:

according to what that poster said, it's sweetened with fruit juice, so it's not really sugar free. refined sugar free, maybe, but it sounds like it still has calories from sugar. so it's not sugar free in the diet soda sense.

Well, yeah. I'm not concerned about fruit juice/calories. I just try to avoid refined sugar because it makes me feel like crepe, and most commercial vegan yogurts have a ton of added sugar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm 

ashley wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
ashley wrote:

Well, yeah. I'm not concerned about fruit juice/calories. I just try to avoid refined sugar because it makes me feel like crepe, and most commercial vegan yogurts have a ton of added sugar.

yeah, that's totally true. i was just thinking that if you were diabetic or something it's not truly sugar free

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It's like my dreams came true! I've been wanting this forever! I totally want to try this, but I don't live anywhere near a Whole Foods.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi - I'm proud to say I work for Cascade Fresh, the company that makes amande, and I'm thrilled at all the positive responses.
I'd like to answer a few questions I saw on the thread:

1 - There ARE vanilla and plain flavors.They will be available at Whole Foods in April. They will also be available in a 24 oz.

2- amande will be available in every whole Foods in the country. If your WF isn't carrying it, they are not doing what they are supposed to.

3 - amande will be available in all health food stores that choose to carry it in May, as well as other chains such as Wegmans

Thanks again to everyone who has tried amande. We are a very small company, and we think amande is going to be HUGE for us!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 pm 

Yay!! I can't wait to try the plain kind. I think that's the true test of a good yogurt. If the plain is good, I'm impressed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

HOORAY! PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN (I'm singing it to the tune of the Two and a Half Men theme song).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Hi, dhildemann. Please let your company know that we'd love yogurt fortified with calcium. I'm excited to try the yogurt either way, though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

cool, 24 oz. containers, too. and yeah calcium fortified would be awesome- but I love your yogurt!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

That looks pretty great! I've only ever tried soy yoghurt and I really like that, but I'd love to have access to soy-free versions as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

My daughters and I just tried Amande Yogurt - seeing it for the first time in the yogurt section at our Whole Foods (being vegan we dont frequent that section unless I need soy or coconut yogurt for one of my quickbread recipes). We tried the strawberry and blueberry ones - adding some granola and fresh berries. This yogurt is far superior to the soy and coconut milk yogurts for straight out eating! My two elementary aged daughters loved 'em - the only critique I have is that they are a bit on the sweet side for my taste. We will be buying up other flavors for sure. It sure makes for an easy toss in snack for my girls lunch boxes!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

Will you be able to add calcium without increasing the price??! Calcium is absolutely essential if you want your yogurt to be competitive and win vegan buying decisions!

dhildemann wrote:
Hi - I'm proud to say I work for Cascade Fresh, the company that makes amande, and I'm thrilled at all the positive responses.
I'd like to answer a few questions I saw on the thread:

1 - There ARE vanilla and plain flavors.They will be available at Whole Foods in April. They will also be available in a 24 oz.

2- amande will be available in every whole Foods in the country. If your WF isn't carrying it, they are not doing what they are supposed to.

3 - amande will be available in all health food stores that choose to carry it in May, as well as other chains such as Wegmans

Thanks again to everyone who has tried amande. We are a very small company, and we think amande is going to be HUGE for us!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I found some amande almond milk yogurt at a Whole Foods farther away from me, but I got the Strawberry and Blueberry! I'm so excited to try this because I love almond milk over any other alternatives to milk. Also very excited that it's sweetened with actual fruit instead of sugar or agave!

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just discovered this stuff. It's a little too sweet for me to eat regularly, but it will definitely be a nice occasional treat.

Now if Amande offered plain, unsweetened yogurt, I would make that company rich. Why is unsweetened vegan yogurt so hard to find?? I need tzatziki in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm a fan of this stuff but I too would be psyched if they were fortified with calcium. I really like that you don't use carrageenan as a thickener since it has been linked to cancers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 am 
Baking In The Flavor

corduroy wrote:
I just discovered this stuff. It's a little too sweet for me to eat regularly, but it will definitely be a nice occasional treat.

Now if Amande offered plain, unsweetened yogurt, I would make that company rich. Why is unsweetened vegan yogurt so hard to find?? I need tzatziki in my life.

WholeSoy just came out with an unsweetened plain.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

berry8530 wrote:
corduroy wrote:

WholeSoy just came out with an unsweetened plain.

Whoa really? Awesome!!! I will go to my neighborhood Whole Foods and command them to order it :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:56 pm 
Chip Strong

I still can't find this and I freaking work at WF. =[ Anyone else bugged by the name? It sounds like a 12 year old girl named Amanda named it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I rather like the name of it. I'm not a fan of it's label though it doesn't remind me of yogurt, but I do like the image of the fruits.

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Yum, that sounds so delicious. I'll have to check it out!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Rubella wrote:
Anyone else bugged by the name? It sounds like a 12 year old girl named Amanda named it.

Amande = almond in french.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next