| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 am 
Offline
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Sacramento
Sugar free? Okay, I'm pretty stoked about this then! Must drag myself to WF very soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:28 pm
Posts: 702
Location: nyc
I've tried the Peach and Strawberry flavor. I liked them both pretty well though for some reason the first bite for each was a bit weird? I'm not sure why.. Would definitely eat again.

_________________
Formerly known as alphonesemambo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
ashley wrote:
Sugar free? Okay, I'm pretty stoked about this then! Must drag myself to WF very soon.


according to what that poster said, it's sweetened with fruit juice, so it's not really sugar free. refined sugar free, maybe, but it sounds like it still has calories from sugar. so it's not sugar free in the diet soda sense.

i just read this review of it http://www.livingonthevedge.net/2011/02 ... dmilk.html

and it looks like it's not fortified with calcium or maybe anything else, which is one of the big draws of eating soy yogurt for me. i don't think rice and almond milks thicken like soy does when it's cultured, so it sounds like it's just thickened with gums and starches and i'm not so into the texture of that. anyway, i might try it once, but i don't have high hopes.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 am 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6287
Location: Boston, MA
I bought the Amande cherry and peach, but haven't eaten them yet. I'm really excited to try them though! I'm going to mix a little granola and blueberries in!

I thought that the Wildwood yogurt is soy? I have an unsweetened soy Wildwood yogurt (I think) that I bought for baking/cooking.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
wildwood is soy

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm 
Offline
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Sacramento
ijustdiedinside wrote:
ashley wrote:
Sugar free? Okay, I'm pretty stoked about this then! Must drag myself to WF very soon.


according to what that poster said, it's sweetened with fruit juice, so it's not really sugar free. refined sugar free, maybe, but it sounds like it still has calories from sugar. so it's not sugar free in the diet soda sense.

Well, yeah. I'm not concerned about fruit juice/calories. I just try to avoid refined sugar because it makes me feel like crepe, and most commercial vegan yogurts have a ton of added sugar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
ashley wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
ashley wrote:
Sugar free? Okay, I'm pretty stoked about this then! Must drag myself to WF very soon.


according to what that poster said, it's sweetened with fruit juice, so it's not really sugar free. refined sugar free, maybe, but it sounds like it still has calories from sugar. so it's not sugar free in the diet soda sense.

Well, yeah. I'm not concerned about fruit juice/calories. I just try to avoid refined sugar because it makes me feel like crepe, and most commercial vegan yogurts have a ton of added sugar.


yeah, that's totally true. i was just thinking that if you were diabetic or something it's not truly sugar free

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Posts: 4613
Location: Bowels of California
It's like my dreams came true! I've been wanting this forever! I totally want to try this, but I don't live anywhere near a Whole Foods.

_________________
Blog: Mo Betta Vegan
"I eat big bangs."-Vegimator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:45 pm
Posts: 1
Hi - I'm proud to say I work for Cascade Fresh, the company that makes amande, and I'm thrilled at all the positive responses.
I'd like to answer a few questions I saw on the thread:

1 - There ARE vanilla and plain flavors.They will be available at Whole Foods in April. They will also be available in a 24 oz.

2- amande will be available in every whole Foods in the country. If your WF isn't carrying it, they are not doing what they are supposed to.

3 - amande will be available in all health food stores that choose to carry it in May, as well as other chains such as Wegmans

Thanks again to everyone who has tried amande. We are a very small company, and we think amande is going to be HUGE for us!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Sacramento
Yay!! I can't wait to try the plain kind. I think that's the true test of a good yogurt. If the plain is good, I'm impressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6287
Location: Boston, MA
HOORAY! PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN (I'm singing it to the tune of the Two and a Half Men theme song).

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 am 
Offline
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 3930
Location: Austin
Hi, dhildemann. Please let your company know that we'd love yogurt fortified with calcium. I'm excited to try the yogurt either way, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2810
Location: Boston, MA
cool, 24 oz. containers, too. and yeah calcium fortified would be awesome- but I love your yogurt!

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 298
Location: the Netherlands
That looks pretty great! I've only ever tried soy yoghurt and I really like that, but I'd love to have access to soy-free versions as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:36 pm
Posts: 2
My daughters and I just tried Amande Yogurt - seeing it for the first time in the yogurt section at our Whole Foods (being vegan we dont frequent that section unless I need soy or coconut yogurt for one of my quickbread recipes). We tried the strawberry and blueberry ones - adding some granola and fresh berries. This yogurt is far superior to the soy and coconut milk yogurts for straight out eating! My two elementary aged daughters loved 'em - the only critique I have is that they are a bit on the sweet side for my taste. We will be buying up other flavors for sure. It sure makes for an easy toss in snack for my girls lunch boxes!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:36 pm
Posts: 2
Will you be able to add calcium without increasing the price??! Calcium is absolutely essential if you want your yogurt to be competitive and win vegan buying decisions!


dhildemann wrote:
Hi - I'm proud to say I work for Cascade Fresh, the company that makes amande, and I'm thrilled at all the positive responses.
I'd like to answer a few questions I saw on the thread:

1 - There ARE vanilla and plain flavors.They will be available at Whole Foods in April. They will also be available in a 24 oz.

2- amande will be available in every whole Foods in the country. If your WF isn't carrying it, they are not doing what they are supposed to.

3 - amande will be available in all health food stores that choose to carry it in May, as well as other chains such as Wegmans

Thanks again to everyone who has tried amande. We are a very small company, and we think amande is going to be HUGE for us!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 631
Location: Utah
I found some amande almond milk yogurt at a Whole Foods farther away from me, but I got the Strawberry and Blueberry! I'm so excited to try this because I love almond milk over any other alternatives to milk. Also very excited that it's sweetened with actual fruit instead of sugar or agave!

_________________
Bloggity Blog:PeaceLoveandFruits http://loveandfruits.blogspot.com/

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 pm 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 236
I just discovered this stuff. It's a little too sweet for me to eat regularly, but it will definitely be a nice occasional treat.

Now if Amande offered plain, unsweetened yogurt, I would make that company rich. Why is unsweetened vegan yogurt so hard to find?? I need tzatziki in my life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1463
I'm a fan of this stuff but I too would be psyched if they were fortified with calcium. I really like that you don't use carrageenan as a thickener since it has been linked to cancers.

_________________
Like the beleaguered people of sub-Saharan Africa, I'll just go to Denny's. Solidarity!
-mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 am 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Philadelphia, PA
corduroy wrote:
I just discovered this stuff. It's a little too sweet for me to eat regularly, but it will definitely be a nice occasional treat.

Now if Amande offered plain, unsweetened yogurt, I would make that company rich. Why is unsweetened vegan yogurt so hard to find?? I need tzatziki in my life.


WholeSoy just came out with an unsweetened plain.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:49 pm 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 236
berry8530 wrote:
corduroy wrote:
I just discovered this stuff. It's a little too sweet for me to eat regularly, but it will definitely be a nice occasional treat.

Now if Amande offered plain, unsweetened yogurt, I would make that company rich. Why is unsweetened vegan yogurt so hard to find?? I need tzatziki in my life.


WholeSoy just came out with an unsweetened plain.

Whoa really? Awesome!!! I will go to my neighborhood Whole Foods and command them to order it :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:56 pm 
Offline
Chip Strong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 pm
Posts: 993
Location: San Francisco
I still can't find this and I freaking work at WF. =[ Anyone else bugged by the name? It sounds like a 12 year old girl named Amanda named it.

_________________
[...]then i pooped pink sparkles out of sheer hatred. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 631
Location: Utah
I rather like the name of it. I'm not a fan of it's label though it doesn't remind me of yogurt, but I do like the image of the fruits.

_________________
Bloggity Blog:PeaceLoveandFruits http://loveandfruits.blogspot.com/

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 pm 
Offline
Has gasoline in her veins
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 3332
Location: pdx
Yum, that sounds so delicious. I'll have to check it out!

_________________
"I rebuke this thread in the name of Jesus." -Jagadeesh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New at Whole Foods -- Amande Almond Milk Yogurt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Rubella wrote:
Anyone else bugged by the name? It sounds like a 12 year old girl named Amanda named it.


Amande = almond in french.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer