| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Most digusting/worst food you've eaten?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 am 
Inflexitarian

Grass beer. I wish I could explain it better but I can't. I don't even know what it is, other than some random cheap beer my old landlord gave me by the case when he was feeling nice. (I think, even though it made me sick x.x)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:49 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Some of the descriptions in this thread are making me kind of nauseous and glad that I have never tasted some of these things and also lets me know what to NEVER, EVER put in my mouth EVER - stinky tofu being at the top of that list right now!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm remembering the things my dad's ex-wife used to do to potatoes. She would buy whole canned tomatoes and bake them, and they would get this weird, chewy skin on the outside, and taste like brine on the inside. I mean, how hard is it to wash a potato? Especially when you have a teenager who likes to cook helping you?! She did get mad once when I dared to steam broccoli instead of boiling it.

She would also make instant mashed potatoes using nothing but water and seasoning salt. I mean, WHY?! I always mash fresh now, but instant potatoes don't have to taste like that!!

Oh, and the whole chicken she would put in the crockpot with nothing but honey mustard. I gag just thinking about it. I never really liked mustard, but it's probably a big part of why I hate it to this day. Don't even get me started on what she called "pork chop casserole," and the banana bread that tasted like it had been soaked in clove oil and had a hard outer shell.

My mom is such a good cook. It was a huge shock moving in with my dad, at least when it came to food.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

in my pregan days, I ate some gross stuff my step mom made. We all learned the hard way she doesn't drain grease off of fried hamburger. Me and my sister both threw up, my sister didn't make it to the bathroom. She was running down the hall and threw up all over the wall!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:19 am 
Smuggling Raisins

CommunistDaughter wrote:
okra. i can't even think of it without gagging. nasty, vile, slimy beast of a vegetable.

I agree! I have only tried okra once and it was absolutely awful.

When my husband and I were first dating, he cooked some chicken that he had marinated in Italian dressing. He then cooked some egg noodles and dumped the chicken in the noodles and mixed in the rest of the bottle of dressing. So, so awful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

That balut made me gag, then want to cry for the poor chicken or duck.

I've never had any homemade nasty stuff from family really because both my families can cook except on my mom's side it's usually with more processed things, but it's still never been terrible(luckily I don't eat/can't eat any of it anymore). Well there was this one time I used really old flour to make pancakes TWICE! They were awful it took me to by new flour to actual realize why I did pancakes so wrong.

Vegan cheesecake that taste more like tofu or plastic is just awful!

Vegan soft serve that was way to icy and sweet

A Vegan cupcake that crumbled apart and the frosting had chucks of coconut butter

Any seafood. I can't stand seafood, bleh.

Hmmmm that's all I can think of for now.

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm 

marmite
anything pickled
olives
cooked broccoli
seitan products out of a can

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

wow, you guys are making me really grateful for having excellent cooks raise me (and being old enough to cook for myself by the time my stepmother came in to the picture.)

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Ho jeez, I just remembered one time in a restaurant, where I swear I was served fermented bean soup. I really should have told the waiter but my brother insisted that he liked it, although my Mom agreed with me...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Thank you PPK.

I was sitting at my desk STARVING but now i am not hungry any longer after reading this.

ps. am i weird for wanting to try durian?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Back when I ate non-vegan sushi I ordered something random from the menu one night, which turned out to be either raw squid or raw octopus (I was never sure which it was). I could barely get it down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:27 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Chicki wrote:

Perhaps. I really want to try natto now, because of this thread.
We can be weird for wanting to try weird food together!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I was actually underwhelmed by natto. I tried it expecting the worst, but it was fine - tasted a little weird, but not unpleasantly so. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, didn't see what the big fuss was about! Maybe that's because I had it in sushi though, and not straight up...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:00 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Wow, I'm really starting to question my tastes since there are a lot of things in this thread that I like/eat on a regular basis.

nebulae wrote:
Chicki wrote:

The three of us should have a party because I want to try those two things as well. And apparently be weird for wanting to eat them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:06 pm 
Huffs Nooch

gaia13 wrote:
Wow, I'm really starting to question my tastes since there are a lot of things in this thread that I like/eat on a regular basis.

nebulae wrote:
Chicki wrote:

The three of us should have a party because I want to try those two things as well. And apparently be weird for wanting to eat them.

I'm in!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:22 pm 

Oh I forgot my multi-vitamins taste like dog food! I don't really eat them, but swallow them so I think they should still count!

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Vegan: One time I tried to make a raw hummus using sprouted chickpeas. There were some other random vegetables thrown in since it was a "clean out the fridge" scavenging situation. I almost barfed, it was so bad.

Not vegan: holy shiitake, what the fork is wrong with Vienna sausages, how can people eat those things. aslkdjflkjdf
eta- oysters. It's like eating a wad of snot. UGHghghhgkjskjhsdg

Also... I love durian and coconut water. Am I disgusting? I sure hope so.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 am 
Huffs Nooch

gazpacho
tomato soup
the fatty part on any cut of meat
canned tuna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:29 am 
Baking In The Flavor

CommunistDaughter wrote:
okra. i can't even think of it without gagging. nasty, vile, slimy beast of a vegetable.

+1. I grew two plants of it last season and tried to force myself to like it. Didn't happen. Anyone interested in some okra seeds?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 am 
Nailed to the V

SkafferiAlkemi wrote:
Redbull ( fizzy energy drink): tasted like a drunken teenager's vomit. d

I got one for free, and it tasted like chewable vitamins. Probably won't ever spend money on one. I've never used it as a mixer, which seems to be its chief purpose, but can't think of a situation where I wouldn't rather just have a beer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Pregan: I lived in a bookstore in Paris when I was 18, and my food budget was about $3 a day, so I lived off baguettes and cheap brie. One day one of the guys staying there (who seemed quite well off to me at the time, but was probably just a few levels of "struggling" above me) offered me a can of food. I was hungry all the time so it was super exciting to get free food. I opened it and ate it all. It was some kind of mixed seafood, but I don't know what it was - it was all these different creatures with bright colors and tiny tentacles and rubbery textures. As soon as I finished it I wanted to throw up and I can induce nausea in myself all these years later just by thinking about it.

I never ate much seafood so I'm not an expert, but I feel like I'm generally familiar with the denizens of the sea that people consider edible and these creatures were nothing I recognized. I still wonder what the hell was in that can.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:06 am 
Not NOT A Furry

When I was a kid I went to a friend's house and her mum served Kraft macaroni cheese for dinner. They had a rule that you had to clean your plate before you could go, and I was there for almost an hour. And I was trying really hard to be polite...!

Nowadays I know a whole lot of kids who love boxed macaroni cheese... I just can't fathom it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:16 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Pre-vegan:
My dad's home made "crepes" aka eggy, gelatinous pancakes.
Creme brulee, or anything eggy. I just hate eggs.
any fat or cartilage stuck to a piece of meat.
Spam
eel sushi
Alligator skewers

Vegan:
tons of things I've made of tempeh. I only like Mellow Mushroom's tempeh.
Really, most of the nasty stuff I've eaten I've made myself.

Botched Swedish "meat"balls and a pureed asparagus/olive dip come to mind. That dip was he nastiest thing I've ever scraped out of my blender. Pretty much every hummus that's come out of my blender's been disgusting as well. To the point of it not getting eaten. It just sits in my fridge until it molds and I throw it out.

But I love Redbull, and I loved Kraft mac and cheese!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

pre-vegan:
My aunt told me about this "delicacy" that I should try, a pork sausage, I think it was boudin noir. Anyway, it was the worst thing I ever tasted, I almost puked at the table. It tasted like what I imagine licking the floor of a barn stall would taste like. My aunt ate it all up and kept telling me that I was crazy not to love it!

I once made an indian dish with a spice that I can't remember the name of, and couldn't eat it. It had a really strong sulphuric taste and smell. Ick.

I was always grossed out and could never eat eggs that had runny uncooked whites in them, it would make me gag.

I'm another seafood hater, never liked the taste, texture or smell. I could never understand how people could go to the fish market, let alone buy something, cook and then eat it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

cstadt wrote:
But I love Redbull, and I loved Kraft mac and cheese!

Years ago, whenever I went to the cinema I'd get a can of Redbull and a bag of Peanut M&M's. The Redbull was particularly exciting for me because my Mom would not let me drink it at home! I don't drink it at all anymore though, and I can't imagine it tasting good with alcohol...ew.

Also, I just remembered one time, pre-vegan, eating lamb curry, and I swear I found an actual CLAW in my meat. That was so. disgusting.

-Also- to all the seafood haters, allow me to gross you out. I used to buy fresh slabs of salmon and eat them raw like sashimi. I shudder at the thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next