| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Assilembob, I sent you a pm. I hope you don't mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 am 
WRETCHED

Assilembob - I feel for you. I'm ready to go back to the doctor.. again. Last time I told the doctor I was unexpectedly gaining weight for seemingly no reason at all. I've gained even more weight since then. I have no choice but to keep trying but I'm frustrated. I don't want to go back to the doctor and be told that nothing is wrong again though.

Anyway, have you been to the doctor recently and had a checkup? Sometimes some of the more obvious reasons can be seen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm 
Inflexitarian

I've spent more time at the doctor than at home. I swear I'm keeping them in summer homes and sending their kids to college single handed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:54 pm 
Inflexitarian

Also - today I went to a Body Pump class (weighlifting class, very fast paced so more cardio than strength) then went to work later. As much as I need to get this weight off, this may not have been a great idea. I walked 7825 steps in two hours at work. Luckily the rest of the time was down time/office time/stuck at a post or I may be waiting on my butt to drag outta that park!

Talked with the trainer at the gym today and when looking at myfittnesspal.com app, I'm showing under my protein by 30 - 40 g a day. This didn't used to be a problem for me but I'm starting to eat less soy. Anyone have something other than Tofu that is easy in calories and high in protein?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 am 
WRETCHED

Seitan? If you make it yourself especially. I tend to focus on beans myself. I've also started to do vega shakes for breakfast again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 am 
And you never will.

Yeah, when I was pregnant and had to get mega doses of protein, seitan was my savior. The Italian Sausages from Vegan Brunch have like 36 grams each.

ETA: Body Pump is no joke! I love that class so much.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am in a rut. This last wek I hurt my foot so I haven't been able to do my normal walking or biking. I have cut waaaaaaay back on sugar but I am not losing anything. There is no way I am making my goal of 140 pounds by July 9 unless something crazy happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:57 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I've been thinking about going to a gym, but I'm waiting to see what my schedule is like at my new job. More importantly, I hate being out in public and I have a bad track record of actually going to the gym, so working out at home might be a better fit for me anyway. I'm gonna hit up Netflix tomorrow for fitness videos thanks to that recommendation thread.

Also, I'm trying to cut back on drinking, a) because it's bad for my bipolar disorder/psych meds, b) because drinking half to a full bottle of red wine nearly every night is a lot of empty calories.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:07 pm 
Inflexitarian

littlebear wrote:
I am in a rut. This last wek I hurt my foot so I haven't been able to do my normal walking or biking. I have cut waaaaaaay back on sugar but I am not losing anything. There is no way I am making my goal of 140 pounds by July 9 unless something crazy happens.

OOH foot injuries are the boo.

Can you do Pilates? Swimming?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

plateaued/gaining&losing the same 2 lbs

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:41 pm 
And you never will.

You guys, I made three dozen rainbow cupcakes with fluffy buttercream and sprinkles for an order on Saturday, and I didn't make any extra! I always make extra cupcakes so we can have some, but this time I was strong. I'm proud of myself! Now if I can just make it through this coming weekend and the 200 serving wedding cake, I'll be doing great...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

assilembob wrote:
littlebear wrote:

OOH foot injuries are the boo.

Can you do Pilates? Swimming?

Well, I am a stay at home mom, so I don't really have anyway to do either of these. I could take the little one swimming, but me sitting in a kiddy pool doesn't count, I don't think. My father in law arrives tomorrow and is here for a week, after that I should be able to get back on track

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:08 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

cake is the bane of my existence.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think I am finally starting to loose weight at four months postpartum. I gained weight at first, I was so hungry, I guess due to breastfeeding? I was hungrier than when I was pregnant! I am eating pretty well and exercising some (Jazzercise) and I am just going to be happy with wherever that takes me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 am 
Inflexitarian

If you have a iPhone (not sure it's on android) myfitnesspal has a lot of vegan cookbook recipes stored in its data base. Four seitan BBQ from vegan diner, chickpea cutlets, vb sausages....just an FYI it is super helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 am 
Ninja Master

myfitnesspal has an android app too. :)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I am raw vegan :) Some of you know me from years ago, and I've had much trials and tribs in my life the past few years trying to help someone else and in the process losing me...but I am back and full on now! I have been easing myself back into very high raw for a little over a month and have released about 30 lbs. :D I am now embarking on a 92-day juicing/smoothie feast to rid my body of so many built-up toxins. So glad to be here!

Mattye Lee's Vegan Kitchen Blog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ok, so I keep thinking I'm ready to start really watching what I eat and getting back on, but there's always *something* that tears it down and gets my emotional eating back or my exercise to go down the tubes. I know I've gained weight, but I'm trying to focus on loving my body as it is as well as doing yoga every day to help ease the stress and anxiety that trigger a lot of the eating issues. I didn't do it this morning, which means I need to tonight (some days I do it morning and night and I really should force myself to every day). I'm hoping that helps with the emotional eating because I'll be able to lose weight and/or maintain if it does.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Stopped counting calories for the past couple months because we've been traveling and moving. I just started again today. I may have gained 3-4 pounds... hard to tell since I fluctuate so much anyway. I definitely didn't lose though. Feels good to be getting back on track, but I'm concerned since we're actually living near family and friends and may have to eat out more often, and I'm about to start working, which makes keeping track a little more difficult. Poop.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I feel like I've been trying to lose weight forever. I've recently started exercising regularly at the local Y and it feels great. I also upped my consumption of raw and cooked vegetables. It seems like it's going well but we will see what the scale says. For sure my muscles are thanking me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:49 pm 
And you never will.

So, last Wednesday when I weighed in I'd only lost 1/2 a pound, despite doing a total of two hours on the elliptical and cycling over 37 miles that week. I think it was just because of my period though, because today when I weighed in I was down FOUR pounds (despite doing much less exercise this week)! I guess it finally caught up with me? That means I've lost over 5% of my body weight in the last four weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm 
Impressive boner

No idea what the scales say but my thighs look awesome when I'm working out!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:56 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Since I started counting calories in March, as of 2 weeks ago I had lost 14lbs and dropped at least one size. YAY! It came off sort of slow, noticed it all at once. Good thing that losing weight slow, i didnt lose any of it in my chest. (about 10 years ago i dropped almost 50lbs in 7 months=no more boobs)

but for the past few weeks, i have stopped losing. Gained a lb this week, and more importantly, I can tell I have put a little on based on the fit of my clothes.

So frustrated. I use sparkpeople to manage my food intake: do low calorie (less than 1300/day usually 11-1200 avg.) and exercise 5 or more times a week: running, weight classes, turbo kickboxing classes i.e. well rounded exercise. I get at least 40g of protein a day. No processed sugar, except for my soymilk in the morning. Less than 200g of carbs/day (mostly from fruit/veggies-any starches are whole grain only a few times a week). Cut down on wine a LOT. only a glass or 2 a week now.

I only want to lose another 5-10 lbs, or another size, (whichever comes first) and tone up a bit.

what the hell is wrong? why cant i lose anymore? I sure cant cut down any more calories, I think that would be too little. I guess i should change it up with food, but not really sure how. More protein, less carbs maybe? I look at what I am eating, and it seems to be perfectly balanced most of the time.

A friend of mine that is a doctor says maybe i should get my thyroid tested. She thinks someone that exercises and eats as well as I do shouldnt have to struggle this much. My brother (also a dr. and a former personal trainer) agrees. I shouldnt have had to diet so strictly to lose the weight.

Blah. what do you guys think? a real problem, or just another person struggling hard with that last bit weight? Anything that has worked for you? (anything that costs $ like a personal trainer is out of the question for me)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:32 pm 
Inflexitarian

If you're getting too low calories, you will go into fat storage as a safety for your body. Maybe you need to eat a little more?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:08 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

LapisRose wrote:
I am raw vegan :) Some of you know me from years ago, and I've had much trials and tribs in my life the past few years trying to help someone else and in the process losing me...but I am back and full on now! I have been easing myself back into very high raw for a little over a month and have released about 30 lbs. :D I am now embarking on a 92-day juicing/smoothie feast to rid my body of so many built-up toxins. So glad to be here!

Good to see you again! I was wondering what you were up to these days.

My car broke down today which was a bummer but on the upside it forced me to walk home for two miles from the auto place. Lots of sun, good breeze, and I even resisted running into 7-11 for a slurpee. : )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 145  Next