| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yep, i trimmed the stem off my mooncup UK right off the bat. there's just a little stub now, so i can grab it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Is it weird that I'm eagerly awaiting my period to start in 2 days so I can try out my DivaCup? I don't think I've ever been excited for a period before.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
BAD PASS

I was too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I've had my cup for six months and I still get a little excited when that time of the month comes around! Periods suck, but they suck a lot less now. Also it satisfies my inner gadget nerd.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:11 am 

So I started spotting this morning and I put in my DivaCup for the first time and I think maybe I did it wrong because it seemed really easy! It just went right in. I've watched a few different videos so I felt like I knew what I was doing, but I still expected a little more difficulty. I'm wearing a pantyliner in case of leaks as I don't really trust my ability to place it right. My flow won't be very heavy today but tomorrow it probably will be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:45 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I check to see if my cup is in right-- after I insert it, I run my finger along the edge of the cup to make sure that it's totally unfolded and not stuck in a smushed position on one side of my cervix. I'm not sure everyone can do this though!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:28 pm 

So it totally worked awesome! No leaks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:43 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I fold mine in half, insert it, and then it mostly unfolds so I pull it down until it 'pops' the rest of the way, and then push it back up.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:47 pm 

Also the only time i've had serious leakage is a result of laying down with a too full cup - so I always empty it right before bed or if I plan on doing yoga or something else laying down for a stretch of time. Sometimes i'll get minor leaks from sneezing/tossing around at night, but it's so minor that it doesn't even reach my underwear, I only notice when I pee and then there's a little blood on the toilet paper.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I think I've had the same one for ten years and I'm just going to keep going because I have no issues. Best investment of my life!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

helbury wrote:
I check to see if my cup is in right-- after I insert it, I run my finger along the edge of the cup to make sure that it's totally unfolded and not stuck in a smushed position on one side of my cervix. I'm not sure everyone can do this though!

I turn mine around in a complete circle to make sure it is unfolded and in the right spot. If it won't turn, something is wonky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yay lobsteriffic!

Butternut wrote:
helbury wrote:

I turn mine around in a complete circle to make sure it is unfolded and in the right spot. If it won't turn, something is wonky.

Samesies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:09 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I replaced my DivaCup a few months ago, and since then, I've had problems with it leaking. I never had any issues with my old DivaCup (purchased in 2007), except maybe on the heaviest days if I waited too long between emptying it. But now I'm having problems every single day, heavy or light.
Maybe they made changes to the design? I doubt that I suddenly forgot how to use it after buying a new one. Anyone else having leakiness with a new-ish DivaCup?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:06 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

lobsteriffic wrote:
Is it weird that I'm eagerly awaiting my period to start in 2 days so I can try out my DivaCup? I don't think I've ever been excited for a period before.

Same here! I'm patiently waiting for the divacup and gladrags to come in the mail just in time for my next period.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 am 
Tofu Pup

Okay so I've had my Luna cup for about 18 months now, and it usually leaks. I have stupidly heavy periods though, and I find it starts to move when it is about 1/4- 1/3 full. BUT I never heard these instructions to twist until you feel it pop! I suspect it is a combo of very heavy periods and maybe an odd shaped gina- I know that my uterus is like, retroverted, so I also thought that perhaps would cause the leak- anyway, I will try rotating it. Something to look forward to this month! :)

PS does anyone have any reports on the differences between types of cups? I just got this one because it was the only type I could buy in my local area...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

There is a link to a livejournal community upthread. It has a ton of information.

Sometimes when I insert my cup it takes a minute to shift around, and if I sneeze or blow my nose before the cup settles I feel like it might shoot across the room. Anyone else get that feeling?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

whoa! that would be really disconcerting! i can't say that has ever happened to me... these kinds of conversations always remind me that vaginas are pretty unique little snowflakes.

i definitely think there's something to be said for comparing the size/shape of various cups if you're having problems with the one you own; i say it all the time but for the benefit of those who may not have seen it already: i had TERRIBLE problems with the diva cup (almost put me off menstrual cups entirely forever), but when i tried to the mooncup UK it was sooooo much better. it is a "shorter" cup which seemed to be really helpful for my own snowflake. ;)

there are old pictures from lj that have a bunch of different cups lined up next to one another; that's what helped me decide. i bet there are new & improved versions of those pictures floating around, seeing as there are now even! more! menstrual cups! on the market.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:40 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

My first night wearing the divacup and putting it in was a struggle. It still feels a little weird and I know I'm not supposed to feel it. Maybe it's because of the multiple attempts to insert? Hopefully this trial turns out well, I have work early morning and am completely out of pads...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 am 

Another pro for the diva cup: We had to have our sewer line snaked by professionals because it was backing up into our basement...it was mostly roots, and some tampons. How tampons got in there when I use a cup and the last resident of our house was an 80 year old woman, I have no idea but my FIL used to tell me not to flush tampons in his house for the same reason, because they always clogged up his pipes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:10 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Ah!

My work has a gross bathroom with a bad septic system and no sink inside the locked room, AND it is frowned upon to throw out anything bloody (we also have a strict recycling policy that forbids throwing anything non-biodegradable in the bathroom bin which is always in a clear bag as stated by the county so if you toss something bloody in--expect people to curse it!) So I've had to stop using a cup and instead use cloth pads and just hope I don't need to change them throughout the day. It has been...problematic. The majority of our staff have periods and we are pretty much not allowed to deal with it? what the fizzle? On heavy days I'll wear a cup and a pad but I get a lot of diva cup "off" days and it's so uncomfortable. I honestly once made up a reason for driving 10km to a proper bathroom because I had cup issues, and now I am considering the horrible disposable night time pads because I can go longer with them than cloth pads.

It's kind of weird but I have a sink in my office--I just stare at it and curse it for not being in the bathroom. I once carefully broached the subject with some female coworkers and they refused to talk about the unspeakable (the fact that we have periods), so I guess one day I'll just bleed on my desk chair.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:52 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Vijita, that whole situation sounds maddening: gross bathroom, policies that don't acknowledge normal needs, PEOPLE that don't acknowledge normal needs they themselves have...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18