| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dark circles/bags under eyes
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I had a sample of that GinZing and I liked it. I'm going to order some next time I get a free P+P e-mail. Thanks for reminding me.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:32 pm 
Nailed to the V

Loris wrote:
I've read somewhere that it can be to do with lack of vitamin K.

What, ketamine?

Er, in seriousness though I normally have awful dark circles under my eyes. I find they look better and occasionally go altogether if I sleep enough & drink enough water...... the nasal congestion thing is interesting, as I am pretty much ALWAYS congested.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:13 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

jordanpattern wrote:
I have these. I take iron, eat lots of leafy greens, get plenty of shut eye most nights, and they are just always there. I use concealer, which helps. I also recently bought some Origins eye cream (GinZing is the name of it), and it actually seems to help a little. If nothing else, it's a nice eye cream that's not crazy expensive.

Are you still using the eye cream? How's it working? Apparently my first sign of getting older is under eye bags. Which means I just look tired a lot. Why can't I just get gray hair?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:17 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I have dark circles AND gray hair and I'm 23. Where are all the alterna kids who are supposed to think this stuff is hot?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 pm 

If it makes you feel any better, i've had lines in my forehead for almost ten years. But that's why I have bangs and I can exfoliate them into not being noticeable. Also no one would look at them and think i've been on a weekend bender or something.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

mrsbadmouth wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
I have these. I take iron, eat lots of leafy greens, get plenty of shut eye most nights, and they are just always there. I use concealer, which helps. I also recently bought some Origins eye cream (GinZing is the name of it), and it actually seems to help a little. If nothing else, it's a nice eye cream that's not crazy expensive.

Are you still using the eye cream? How's it working? Apparently my first sign of getting older is under eye bags. Which means I just look tired a lot. Why can't I just get gray hair?

It's good! I mean, my circles are still there, but I do think they're a bit better. If nothing else, it's a nice eye cream, which will apparently help me not get wrinkles, and it's been several months, and I'm not even 1/3 done the jar.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:34 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

mrsbadmouth wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, i've had lines in my forehead for almost ten years. But that's why I have bangs and I can exfoliate them into not being noticeable. Also no one would look at them and think i've been on a weekend bender or something.

twins. I think I must always furrow my brow or something, because the lines are so deep.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:43 am 

jordanpattern wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:

It's good! I mean, my circles are still there, but I do think they're a bit better. If nothing else, it's a nice eye cream, which will apparently help me not get wrinkles, and it's been several months, and I'm not even 1/3 done the jar.

Awesome, thanks! The origins website says I can buy it at the Macy's here, so i'm going to drag Brian to the mall this afternoon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:11 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I've been using the Origins GinZing for a week and it's given me millia! I'm going to have to try to get rid of the cysts and only use it every other day or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:55 pm 

I went to the Origins counter and they were having a promo where for $3 more, I got two travel-size samples of Modern Friction and the VitaZing tinted moisturizer, with a bag and the full-sized eye cream, woo!

Also the lady explained exfoliating to me (instead of asking me if I did it or not) and I gave her a fake phone number at the end. I am not equipped to deal with overbearing sales people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 pm 
Chard Martyr

bump! Nothing works. And I came here to scream that I overheard a coworker telling someone that I look really bad and it's because "she's vegan. She needs some iron." I TAKE iron, and I probably get way more than you, but also you don't know that I was the in the hospital taking care of my mum for the last three days. I'm sure I'd look much better if I'd been laying out in the shade snoozing, getting proper meals and any amount of nighttime sleeping. And yes, I need to drink more water, but getting hospital staff to give you some freaking water in emergency in the middle of the night is near-impossible. So yes, I look like crepe, and I feel like it too, and I don't remember how to even apply the eye treatment stuff I bought, so shove it. I know that is a harsh response, which is why it's only in my head.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:55 am 
Ninja Master

rabidchild wrote:
I have horrid dark circles. Nothing helps. Yellow tinted stuff makes it look worse. I have some makeup that lightens them a hair, but basically I always look like crepe, and for some reason, complete strangers have no hesitation to point out that I look awful. Really a great self-esteem boost.
[/quote]
What colour are the circles? I know that sounds weird but it's a yellow corrector you need for purpley shadows and a peachy/orangey one for more bluey shadows. (Basically the opposite colour on the colour wheel.)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:02 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm wondering if the new Josie Maran concealer pencil is vegan friendly, but their site was down when I tried to check. I think the ingredients look good? Lists synthetic beeswax.

http://www.sephora.com/argan-creamy-concealer-crayon-P381727?skuId=1537125

The reviews really make me want to try it!

ETA: Josie Maran site is back up, and the concealer isn't listed as vegan. :( Maybe I'll email them.

ETA: Ugh, maybe squalene. I wasn't thinking about that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:22 pm 

My under-eye problems are still pretty minimal since the last time I posted in this thread (if it makes you guys feel better, i've had lines in my forehead since I was like, 20), i've been using this for about six months:

http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Pure-Coffe ... +eye+cream

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Do you think it's the cream that has helped?

I basically have given up on concealer for my dark circles. I feel like I look tired and kind of crappy all the time, but whatever. I don't think the concealer was helping much. I'd definitely use a cream to lighten them if it worked.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

^^ i use that stuff. it hasn't helped with my circles at all, but i think it makes a difference with the puffy bags. and it smells like shortbread.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

I usually raccoon the ever living heck outta my eyes (think sexy Smokey gone awry), that usually helps with my bad circles. Lately I haven't been wearing any make-up other than lipstick and my friend took a close up shot of my face and then told me I had left over make-up on, since I hadn't worn make-up for at least a week I had to point out that the gnarly black circles under my eyes were indeed natural. After that photo I'm starting to think my natural dark i-dont-ever-sleep circles are kinda cool in a bad sort of way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 pm 

jordanpattern wrote:
Do you think it's the cream that has helped?

I basically have given up on concealer for my dark circles. I feel like I look tired and kind of crappy all the time, but whatever. I don't think the concealer was helping much. I'd definitely use a cream to lighten them if it worked.

It's hard for me to say since I didn't have dramatic bags or dark circles, but I figure it's not hurting and I like the way it smells and for a natural eye cream, it's pretty affordable.

What concealer were you using? I think you might be able to get the OCC concealer in Portland if you know where a big Sephora is. If anything, they'll have testers out and you can try it in the store.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:32 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

For many years, I did not realize I had celiac disease. Not until I was diagnosed and stopped consuming gluten did my extremely dark under eye circles get a whole lot better. (NOT perfect, but much better. I don't look bruised anymore.) I agree with everyone that dark circles are likely allergy related. BUT consider that "allergy" can mean more than stuffy noses. It might mean any kind of allergy causing serious congestion. Something to think about.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:22 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I don't have allergies, and certainly don't have celiac. They're genetic. Everyone in my family has them, and that's just kind of it.

Thanks, MBM.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm 
WELFARIST!

Fee wrote:
I have dark circles AND gray hair and I'm 23. Where are all the alterna kids who are supposed to think this stuff is hot?

I think dark circles are intriguing/hot/sexy/interesting and I have them. I used to put concealer on them as a young'un because of stupid peer pressure and looked like a reverse racoon but secretly, I always thought they were hot and wondered when the rest of the world was FINALLY gonna get on the raccoon bandwagon with me. It's genetic in my case, has always been the case, t'aint nothing wrong with me other than I have dark circles under my eyes, tired or not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm 
Chard Martyr

I like the idea that they can be sexy, but on me they just make me look like I'm dying! Anyway, I've started actually religiously taking my iron supplement (this one: http://www.megafood.com/blood-builder-m ... od-builder), and my dark circles have faded quite a bit.