| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 736 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: the ANXIETY thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:01 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Rubella, I'd guess that the zoloft is responsible for the nausea. It's a common side effect for SSRIs but luckily it usually goes away as your body adjusts to the medication. I hope it improves for you soon!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kiddo wrote:
Rubella, I'd guess that the zoloft is responsible for the nausea. It's a common side effect for SSRIs but luckily it usually goes away as your body adjusts to the medication. I hope it improves for you soon!

yup!
whats the xanax dosage? id suggest starting with .25, so if they gave you something larger just cut it to the right size. maybe take the zoloft at night to help with the nausea, but since im less familiar with zoloft check with a pharmacist (you can call any pharmacy for help).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've been drinking kava tea every time I feel like crying, so 3 cups today so far. I think it helps a bit. I read that heating it up too much kills the active ingredient so I'm cool brewing. I prefer tea cold anyways. Any thoughts on the supplements?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:05 pm 
Chip Strong

rocklobster wrote:
Kiddo wrote:

yup!
whats the xanax dosage? id suggest starting with .25, so if they gave you something larger just cut it to the right size. maybe take the zoloft at night to help with the nausea, but since im less familiar with zoloft check with a pharmacist (you can call any pharmacy for help).

It's .25 for the xanax and I am taking the zoloft at night. I think it's getting better but it's been hard. The past 3 days I've barely eaten because eating made me feel nauseous, but I finally ate a bowl of ramen today and feel okay. It doesn't help that my boyfriend dumped me the day after I started medication, so it's hard to even tell if it's working because things have been so strange.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm 
Impressive boner

For as far back as I can remember I've always had anxiety to do with my appearance. I've always been overweight, fluctuating between a UK size 14 and 22, and have always been teased or had abuse for it.

When I was a little girl, as soon as I was tall enough to see in the mirror I was dismayed at the face looking back at me.

I perceive that there are multiple flaws in my appearance (Hair, skin, nails, facial features, posture, breasts, weight, the list goes on.) and it's a problem as I'm the front person in a band. I hate performing and I believe that my size is holding my band back - for example, if I was a size 10/12 instead of a 14/16 we'd have more opportunities to play at shows, etc. When I'm up there all I think is that people are laughing at the stupid ugly fat girl trying to sing and play guitar. I don't enjoy performing and it probably shows all too well.

I've had terrible issues with anxiety concerning my appearance in the past. At the moment I avoid going to pubs and bars and try not to be out in the street much when there are a lot of people around, even when I'm on my way to somewhere. If anyone more than glances at me I perceive them to be inwardly laughing at me.

This morning I joined a new gym and was dismayed when getting changed to go to work. There were others around me who had better hair, better skin, better bodies, better clothes, etc. I've been feeling pretty rotten all day about it.

I'm going to make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow as this is becoming more and more of a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:28 am 
Huffs Nooch

I feel like my anxiety is getting worse. Last night I had a panic attack triggered by seeing a roach, and which became full blown after talking to my dad. Tonight I'm freaking out about my ex cause I saw old pix of him and a girl I'm taking to be an ex that I'm imagining he's still seeing in addition to still seeing me and I can't get it out of my head. I'm also still super jumpy about the critter. It's just scaring me how intense this is and I'm not panicking, but I can't calm myself enough to go to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:29 am 
Seagull of the PPK

uh, yeah, bump.

i am having a hard time since yesterday- the house was burgled on Thursday, and it didn't really get to me til yesterday morning. thursday was a parade of people and phone calls, and i was on deadline from thursday to early sunday morning and didn't leave the kitchen (where i'm now working since my other computer was stolen from the home office). today i am here alone for another hour or two (and the burglary happened at about 930AM, like this time of day) and then have to go to work.
i've been right on that edge of "can feel the panic attack coming" since yesterday noon, when i first left the house and was sure we'd come back to the robbers returned for the good stuff they missed. but i've tried to distract myself.
today, it's the same. i'm trying to remind myself, we've improved the locks, the big dogs are in the front yard now, since they were so effective burglars they probably know i'm still here and won't come in, etc. the guy is coming to install the alarm this AM sometime soon (but this is brazil, monday morning probably means wednesday afternoon). of course, the irrational thinking just starts up too- maybe i should buy a gun (buy a GUN!! for the love of god, i'm a nonviolent quaker!), maybe we should boobytrap the front door, maybe we should go stay with my mother (whose easy-on-easy-off town gets burgled constantly....) trying to just breathe and not think too much.
i was able to sleep last night, for the first time, which was good.
anyway, keep on breathing. wish i could turn the brain off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:53 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sometimes an anxious reaction is the normal reaction. your house got burgled! allow yourself this time to be anxious. use your favorite coping skills, focus on that alarm and how safe you will feel soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

torque, that sounds perfectly reasonable! I think anyone would feel anxious and panicked after their house was broken into! Give yourself a break. <3<3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

thanks. it's a bit more than i expected, and anything related to this is giving me the pants (not the pants you wear but the short-of-breath pants)- new alarm goes off all the time, the controls need to be copied, the dogs are jumpy- it all makes me short of breath. i am trying to keep somewhere in the safe middle between allowing myself to deal with this in a natural manner and holing myself up in the kitchen for another few days. one day at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:16 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

8ball wrote:
For as far back as I can remember I've always had anxiety to do with my appearance. I've always been overweight, fluctuating between a UK size 14 and 22, and have always been teased or had abuse for it.

When I was a little girl, as soon as I was tall enough to see in the mirror I was dismayed at the face looking back at me.

I perceive that there are multiple flaws in my appearance (Hair, skin, nails, facial features, posture, breasts, weight, the list goes on.) and it's a problem as I'm the front person in a band. I hate performing and I believe that my size is holding my band back - for example, if I was a size 10/12 instead of a 14/16 we'd have more opportunities to play at shows, etc. When I'm up there all I think is that people are laughing at the stupid ugly fat girl trying to sing and play guitar. I don't enjoy performing and it probably shows all too well.

I've had terrible issues with anxiety concerning my appearance in the past. At the moment I avoid going to pubs and bars and try not to be out in the street much when there are a lot of people around, even when I'm on my way to somewhere. If anyone more than glances at me I perceive them to be inwardly laughing at me.

This morning I joined a new gym and was dismayed when getting changed to go to work. There were others around me who had better hair, better skin, better bodies, better clothes, etc. I've been feeling pretty rotten all day about it.

I'm going to make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow as this is becoming more and more of a problem.

I can relate to this. Good luck at the doctors xxx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

torque wrote:
one day at a time.

thats all anyone can do!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:46 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

After an agonizing period of weekly panic attacks I'm down to about once a month, right before my period starts. It's like the anxiety that's swirling around gets so amplified by hormones that I feel like the world is ending and I'm dying. Is it possible to take some form of anti-anxiety medication only as needed rather than continually? I can tell when I'm amping up to have a meltdown and it would be great if I could cut it off at the pass.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:14 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

j-dub wrote:
After an agonizing period of weekly panic attacks I'm down to about once a month, right before my period starts. It's like the anxiety that's swirling around gets so amplified by hormones that I feel like the world is ending and I'm dying. Is it possible to take some form of anti-anxiety medication only as needed rather than continually? I can tell when I'm amping up to have a meltdown and it would be great if I could cut it off at the pass.

You could try something with kava kava maybe. Or alternatively I know some people take Xanax on an as needed basis.

My flight home from vacation was super stressful. Half way through I got really twitchy and started shaking on and off even though I kept telling myself everything was fine. Suuucks. Normally I'm OK with flying. This needs to not be a thing because I have a lot of long flights coming up this winter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have been having huge hour-long panic attacks for the last couple days.

Tomorrow (well, technically later today) I have to go to the DMV and renew my license. I have never been to a DMV in this state, I've never been to the area where it is before. This is something normal humans deal with on a daily basis, but it has reduced me to a nauseous puddle of useless goo.

I also have to go drop off some stuff at the mall (to sell, yay!) and this has also made me in to a mess, as I have convinced myself that they will look at my stuff and decide that they don't actually want it. Or that i've done something wrong.

and I need to get my rearview mirror fixed, but the dealership suddenly stopped all contact re:the part being ordered (it's been 4 days, they said it would take two) and I have to call and harass them to see what is happening, and I really dislike speaking on the phone, but I ESPECIALLY hate it when it is about cars, because I know little to nothing about cars and every time I speak to them they make me feel like a stupid kid. And of course there is only one dealership in the gorram state.

Finally, my (DIVORCED) parents are both coming to stay with me for 3 days starting tomorrow.

It's like every anxiety trigger I have decided to pile up on this one weekend
I am so nauseous.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:54 am 

Hey j-dub, something like Lorazepam is a take-as-needed anti-anxiety medication. You pop one when you're feeling like you're gonna die and it helps to calm you.

Sorry to hear everything is piling up, boober!

I've been having some awful self-esteem lately, mostly along the veins of "I'm weak" and "I should not have anxiety", which of course triggers anxiety. And also, my psychologist is leaving the city so I had my last session with him last Sunday and my first session with my new one next week. I hatehatehate change.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:58 pm 
Chip Strong

Just got a new medication, Effexor. I feel so stupid for putting up with my other one for a month when it clearly wasn't working, my doctor was like WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME!? So yeah ... if your meds suck, get different ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm 
Chip Strong

Also ... apparently I have hyperthyroidism, which can cause anxiety. Might be worth checking out for others that are having the same issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 pm 

For about the last month, my anxiety has been out of control. I lost my psychologist and am having huge anxiety about a) finding a new one or b) travelling 5 hours round trip to see the psychologist I've been seeing every few weeks. The latter seems irrational and my logical brain is telling me that I should just say goodbye and that someone else is capable of helping me.

It's just been everything. My negative, pathological thinking about myself and my ability to cope with anxiety have been really prominent lately. I'm doubting my abilities and it's shaking my confidence in just about every aspect of my life. And as a result, instead of being able to "control" my anxiety by accepting it and flowing with it, I've been fighting it tooth and nail which only makes my life so much harder.

For me, the most uncomfortable, scary and overwhelming thing is the depersonalization. It is, by far, my least favourite feeling ever, and unfortunately, the mos prominent anxiety symptom I have. When I feel anxious, I slip into a mode of being on autopilot, and am sort of outside of my "self". Focused only on anxiety and fear, I pull away from myself and feel really alien in my own skin. I hatehatehate it.

But yes, I do have a support system, I'm just sort of "in between" psychologists right now. Thank god for professional help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 pm 
Wal-Mart's White Knight

Stop. Breeeeeeeathe. Start again.

Best piece of advice I ever paid for.

(And paid for. And paid for.)

Feel better, folks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

gaaah, my building had a fire alarm go off just before 6am today and so we all had to pack up and head out with cat and all from a very startling awakening. Mornings are always terrible for me because of my IBS so as soon as we go out I started panicking about needing to go to the bathroom. I finally found one at a hotel, but then I felt like I was going to pass out instead and had to sit down on a bench with my head between my legs. Finally after an hour+ we got to back up. This was so stressful. I need to feel like I can manage emergency situations and totally freaking out and feeling lightheaded is not sufficient managing! Boooo. I feel less anxious after taking a kava kava pill and sleeping for four more hours, but I feel shitty about not being able to manage this to my satisfaction.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:41 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

boo, bumping this again. I have exams coming up at school. Written exams I'm OK with, but these are oral exams and they are stressing me out even though I know I'm prepared and all my committee members like my proposal. I'm finding I have a hard time breathing and focusing during the day and it's exacerbating my regular anxiety. I keep telling myself it's OK and to chill out! But it's hard to have to tell myself that all day! I met with two professors and had a mock presentation for my friends today and my adrenal glands are spent. I know I'll be ok once all of this is over, but right now everything seems harder than usual!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:08 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I've had to go out into society twice today, and both times I realized in the thick of it that I was experiencing major social anxiety. Normally my citalopram takes care of it but I've been going through some things lately, so my medication has a lot to cover these days. I just went to the grocery store and I found myself gritting my teeth and wishing to myself that they would "get the fork away from me" when people got too close. I was in a full rage by the time I got home and it was all I could do to convince myself not to throw all the dishes into the backyard and break them, because I'm forking sick of forking washing them. I'm trying to decide if I need to reach out to someone or if that would be a horrible thing to subject someone to right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:07 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Much better today, but then again today is one of those days I don't realize how long I've been hiding away in the house until I go to open the front door and realize the chain is still on from the night before. After being on meds for 5 years now, it's kind of startling to have a throwback to the real bad days of my social anxiety. But at the same time refreshing to remind myself how far I have come in those 5 years and that (most of the time) my meds make me able to associate in the world without the terror or being suspicious/terrified of every single stranger that comes across my path. It's the little things (like walking outside one's front door) we take for granted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Erika, I'm glad you are feeling better!

I am having a lot of constant background panic attacks happening lately. I won't notice what is wrong for a while and I will just be in a really terrible mood for what seems like no reason, but if I am not focusing on doing something I will realize that my chest is tight and I am having all the physical parts of an anxiety attack. It feels kind of like I am constantly holding one off, and if I let myself relax at all I will collapse bodily in on to the center of my chest.
I think I may also be falling back in to some of my old depression which I thought I had left behind me.

I know I should really go see a psychologist or even a GP about this, but I don't know of any good ones here, and honestly I don't want them to try to prescribe me anything, and even if I found a good shrink I don't know if I have time to go to any talk therapy sessions right now since I'm in school full time. I just want it to go away.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 736 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next