| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: the ANXIETY thread
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:05 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm getting really anxious about my exams. And my way of dealing with anxiousness about these things is just going "nope" and forgetting about it. Thus, I have an exam in three weeks with zero revision done. I know nothing, and I will fail.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I am super afraid of flying, and it's so bad that I get panic attacks when friends or family members have to fly. My mom is going on a plane tomorrow morning, and my anxiety level is getting higher as the night goes on. Whenever someone I know is on a flight, I won't go near the television, because I am so afraid I'll see a breaking news report about a plane crash. Which I know is stupid, because plane crashes are not contingent on whether I am watching tv or not, but I can't help it. Why do people have to go on vacation? Everyone should just stay home all the time.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:31 am 
Seagull of the PPK

RC, hang in there. I went through a few years of that [when i had to fly a lot] and it was no fun. Couldn't even drug myself because i traveled alone. If it makes you feel any better, my mom is on a plane coming back from Ireland, and if it makes you feel better to imagine two middle aged ladies passing each other in the air and having surreal conversations, it looks from what i've seen of your mom that our moms would definitely have a great time together.

i am getting things resolved but my anxiety is not at a healthy level. ugh. stomach is miserable. i am going to have to return to the invalid soup diet i think.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks, Torque, that is a great visual! I told my mom to call me as soon as she arrives, so I'm waiting for that so I can stop worrying. Until Monday, that is, when she has to fly back!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:40 am 
Chard Martyr

I know I'm super lucky to be here and it is so awesome and I am so honoured to be involved; but this Vida Vegan Con is freaking me out! I like meeting/reuniting with people one or two at a time...not in the hundreds! And speaking assignments too. Fingers crossed I do not act like an absolute idiot, as I tend to when I'm nervous.

Next VVC needs a vodka shot station. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

You are delightful as always!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Had a panic attack in the middle of a smear test. Feel like complete and utter crepe.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My anxiety has been off-the-charts bad. I bawled through my entire therapy session yesterday because I feel so depressed about how I haven't yet got a grip on it yet since 2013 started. I'm just a whirlwind of racing, catastrophic thoughts - about losing control, about being scared of developing an eating disorder again, about losing my job, and a million other not-quite-realistic scenarios. And each one brings a pang of panic with it. I've been feeling not like myself because I get so worked up (for weeks or months on end) that I completely withdraw from having a sense of self, aka depersonalization, which is so scary and I hatehatehate it. And of course, the more you hate/push away your symptoms, the more they come on. Sometimes it's so hard to just ACCEPT feeling terrified.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:26 pm 
Nailed to the V

I need to pass a class that I have half heartedly been doing the work and missing the class because I freak out when it's time to go so to calm down I don't go. Which in the end, is actually more anxiety causing. I just keep thinking the best possible thing would be if my teacher gave me a C-. Come ON. Just do it, guy! I want to graduate but I hate school.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:58 pm 

*hugs* you guys xx

I forced myself to go to my camera club meeting. I spent most of it cowering in the back so I didn't have to talk to people. Then when people came near me to chat during breaks it took the world's effort to remain seated and not run away in a crazy shrieky mess.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:37 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I went to an open poetry circle tonight and read a poem out loud in front of people. I didn't do a good reading of it, but I didn't have any symptoms of a panic attack. If only I could handle public speaking in an academic atmosphere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lots of vet visits for my kitty lately...having to talk to vets and deal with needles (i am scared of hospital needles). my boyfriend and i have been so tired due to stress/anxiety....he even took a day off yesterday to sleep in.

my kitty is fine but my brain is still racing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:30 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I feel so ridiculous, I get anxious even EMAILING people. I've been messaging my wedding photographer on facebook and we're not really saying anything important, but even so, I'm scared to open up facebook incase she's messaged back, because it's scary. Why is it scary?!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

so, usually other people make me anxious (with the exception of a very few folks who I can hang out with forever and still be comfortable). like, even some of my good friends, when exposed to them for a period of longer than a day will make me all squirrelly and weird. I get especially freaked out by people being in my apartment for long periods of time (again, like 3-5 people are an exception to this rule)
this has been the case for most of my life,

but recently (like, the last 2-3 weeks) it has sort of flip-flopped. I start to get anxious now when I don't see anyone. like, usually I need a day of very little human contact to bounce back from a hectic week, but recently I can barely handle coming home from work at 6 and not having plans. folks have been in my place all the time, hanging out for like, days at a time. today I was supposed to go do stuff and it fell through and I was actually slightly distressed at the prospect of being alone with myself all day (until my friend called to see if I was busy/to hang out.) I know a lot of people feel this way, but it is SO out of character for me. I like being alone usually! but I just can't handle the noise of my own mind right now, it's super super unsettling.

I'm actually worried about what will happen when I do have to be alone for a whole day and my brain catches up to me. I definitely feel like I'm running from something.
the good news is that I'm definitely being a way less shitty friend to people I know in town now!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

vixki wrote:
I feel so ridiculous, I get anxious even EMAILING people. I've been messaging my wedding photographer on facebook and we're not really saying anything important, but even so, I'm scared to open up facebook incase she's messaged back, because it's scary. Why is it scary?!

I have the same problem! I don't know why it's scary! I just finally sent an email that I put off writing for MONTHS because I was so anxious. The subject is nothing anxiety-producing or anything. It's just an email to someone I might want to purchase something from, asking for details. I finally made myself send it today, and now I'm avoiding checking my mail, because omg what if she emailed back and then I'll have to respond?! I'm getting annoyed with myself, because I know it's so silly, but I just can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:30 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
vixki wrote:

I have the same problem! I don't know why it's scary! I just finally sent an email that I put off writing for MONTHS because I was so anxious. The subject is nothing anxiety-producing or anything. It's just an email to someone I might want to purchase something from, asking for details. I finally made myself send it today, and now I'm avoiding checking my mail, because omg what if she emailed back and then I'll have to respond?! I'm getting annoyed with myself, because I know it's so silly, but I just can't help it.

I "mark as unread" ALL THE THINGS. Future me can deal with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:18 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

It's really hot where I live (30c or 80ishf). This and anxiety have caused insomnia. Because of my insomnia my anxiety is getting worse. I want to be able to make some sound decisions about important things, but I'm don't want to make them in a sleep deprived not normal state of mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 am 

Today is my first day that I don't get to see my cousins because I've had work all day and I have my counselling session in an hour. Stressing so bad. Anxiety levels have been so high because I can't stop worrying about them and thinking it was too early to leave them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:35 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I feel like I've completely relapsed and am too...depressed?...to use any of my coping skills I have learned for the huge, indescribable anxiety that is permeating everything. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, my mind is racing, my heart is pounding, I am sweating, and my mind just keeps racing, conjuring catastrophe after catastrophe. And I'm so afraid they'll all happen. I don't deal well with change at all and this is just eating me alive right now. I can hardly eat and my head has been pounding for a week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 pm 
Nailed to the V

pp is there any way you can just take a day (or a few hours) and change up your scenery? Sometimes if I just go do something different it helps with overbearing sweating anxiety. Do you keep it inside or do you journal it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:28 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm having issues with anxiety (and possibly depression) again. It sucks. I can't stop my mind from racing at night without taking an extra medication. I just want to stop all of this negative thinking, but even when I call myself out on it it continues.

There was one small triumph. I read flash fiction at an open mic night and didn't have a panic attack.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've actually been doing so well with my anxiety. I've mostly been able to manage it so that it's hardly ever a problem. And I'm so, so proud of myself. It had been ruling my life for the last few years. I'm now able to cope pretty well. I removed some major stressors from my life, and have started documenting all the good things going on. It's really alleviated that feeling of constant, non-specific fear and worry. Of course, it's not gone 100% all the time, but I feel like I've got it to a level that I can handle fairly easily.

I did have a lot of anxiety yesterday however, as I'm soooo anxious in social situations, and don't practice nearly enough with this kind of social interaction. One of my son's friend's mum called in the morning to see if we wanted to go for a play date at the park in the afternoon (yes, we did!), but it meant I had to call her back since I missed the call. I really hate phone calls, and I don't know her very well, so I knew going to the playground would be socializing with someone pretty new for a few hours. But I did it, and it was actually so lovely. We each have a 5 year old and a 1 year old, so both pairs of kids were so happy to play together/next to each other. We were able to keep a conversation going the whole time. It was surprisingly nice. Yay!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I'll drive for 45 minutes each way and doorstep someone to avoid having to make a phone call. I used to use the phone a lot for my job but have somehow developed a phone phobia since then. Avoiding tasks which require me to phone someone is getting me into all sort of jams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Good for you bodhi!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

so my dad is suddenly convinced I have a heart disorder which he says could have been essentially causing my general anxiety disorder and panic attacks for my whole life (where an irregular and randomly accelerating heartbeat will cause the physiological symptoms of a panic attack etc)

part of me wants to believe him but like, it also makes sense that I would have ~psychological issues~ based on my life, and what I know about my own brain chemistry. it's not like I had a perfectly normal stable home situation and then just had rando anxiety.
bah, part of me is like "wow fork you, I appreciate your concern but you sure as shiitake ain't gonna swoop in 13 years later and fix me" and the other part of me acknowledges that I do have physiological issues with my heart which cause some problems and may have some affect on my behavior (I KNOW, I SHOULD GO TO A DOCTOR, I PROMISE I'LL GET AN ECHOCARDIOGRAM WHEN I'M DONE MOVING)

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next